LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 359 users in the forums

Realistically, How many games do you think Aldon should/will be suspended for?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Realistically, How many games do you think Aldon should/will be suspended for?

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I think it will be 6 games reduced to 4.
c/s

c/s??

Caught Stealing? Cawk Sucker? Carbide Steel?
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
People keep saying Ray Rice got 2 games & its a outrage & why would Smith even get more then 2 well its quite simple Goddell is using the "repeated" offender card on Smith, This is Rice's 1st strike with the league offices. As much as i dont agree with the legal process this is what i think they will consider & serve a harsher punish on Aldon. Yes its sucks really what can we as fans really do about it.

i say its 6 games & gets reduced to 4.
So Smith gets a repeat offender with out being a offender in the first place ?

its not about convictions. if you have 4-5 incidents that stain the leagues image (in their view) you're going to get the hammer coming down on you. we can debate semantics about aldons transgressions but the bottom line is he has had multiple incidents. its not very comparable at all to ray rice. he has had 1 incident in like 6-7 years. aside from that goodell doesnt seem to have a set template for the personal conduct policy. the drug policy is a little more clear, do this and that and this is your suspension.

Thank you crabman82 thats my point. Just the fact that its been a few incidents doesnt bode well with the league if this was his 1st DUI or weapons charge incident & slap on the wrist would be issued. Aldon is all out of those though.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Caught Stealing? Cawk Sucker? Carbide Steel?

All wrong....it's Constantly Stoned.
Worst case scenario.........6 game suspension with 5 games already served. Net, 1 game. That said, I think that would be a travesty considering Ray Rice's 2 game suspension. I think the NFL will get serious pressure if they suspend Aldon any more games at all. Advocates supporting the protection of battered women will use this Aldon's suspension as a gauge of how serious the NFL supports battered women. Hence, they cannot make Aldon's suspension worse than Ray Rice's. I, personally believe, they will not suspend Aldon at all this season.
People keep saying Ray Rice got 2 games & its a outrage & why would Smith even get more then 2 well its quite simple Goddell is using the "repeated" offender card on Smith, This is Rice's 1st strike with the league offices. As much as i dont agree with the legal process this is what i think they will consider & serve a harsher punish on Aldon. Yes its sucks really what can we as fans really do about it.

its not about convictions. if you have 4-5 incidents that stain the leagues image (in their view) you're going to get the hammer coming down on you. we can debate semantics about aldons transgressions but the bottom line is he has had multiple incidents. its not very comparable at all to ray rice. he has had 1 incident in like 6-7 years. aside from that goodell doesnt seem to have a set template for the personal conduct policy. the drug policy is a little more clear, do this and that and this is your suspension.

Thank you crabman82 thats my point. Just the fact that its been a few incidents doesnt bode well with the league if this was his 1st DUI or weapons charge incident & slap on the wrist would be issued. Aldon is all out of those though.

pac man jones is the guy to point to. yes he had more serious issues and charges than aldon smith. but at the time of his yr long suspension he didnt have many or any convictions. it was a big deal at the time how roger could swing the hammer down on the guy without letting the courts go through their entire process. roger talked about 'defending the shield' when he took the job. thats his code for act a fool on the reg and i'll suspend you even if you havent been convicted. people flipping over ray rice 2 game suspension, 15 years ago under tagliabue he isnt even getting suspened. hell ray lewis wasnt even suspended.
If he uses ray rice as contrast. He should give aldon a raise and a trophy. If goodell is his usual dumbass self it will be 6 reduced to 4.imo

So it takes Kenny Britt 12 Police incidents to get a 1 game suspension..one of those incidents is resisting arrest...but AS will get punished more so ?
Originally posted by NinerGM:
None.

Essentially he would be suspended for an ADDITIONAL amount for a misdemeanor and community service after voluntarily removing himself from the NFL (no one does that these days and this should be encouraged). IMHO this is ridiculous that anything more than even a 1 game suspension should be considered.

Ray Rice beat a woman unconscious and dragged her by her hair on film and it made the rounds on the interwebs. Now you tell me who has brought more public shame to the NFL? 2 games? Really? If Aldon gets any more than ONE game I'm really pissed.

Why exactly is Rice not in jail for that? I will be the first to admit that these guys get off soft, Aldon has had it very easy. But how are none of them doing time for breaking the law? Any average Joe does that and they are behind bars.
Unfortunately i anticipate something like a 6 game suspension with Goodell giving Aldon credit for 2 games during his voluntary leave so actual 4 games gone. But miss 6 game checks
Originally posted by jreff22:
None.

Essentially he would be suspended for an ADDITIONAL amount for a misdemeanor and community service after voluntarily removing himself from the NFL (no one does that these days and this should be encouraged). IMHO this is ridiculous that anything more than even a 1 game suspension should be considered.

Ray Rice beat a woman unconscious and dragged her by her hair on film and it made the rounds on the interwebs. Now you tell me who has brought more public shame to the NFL? 2 games? Really? If Aldon gets any more than ONE game I'm really pissed.

Why exactly is Rice not in jail for that? I will be the first to admit that these guys get off soft, Aldon has had it very easy. But how are none of them doing time for breaking the law? Any average Joe does that and they are behind bars.
first offense gets off on bail ..even for us common folk

0, the self imposed games off were enough.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
He will get 2 games suspension...... Then the rest of the teams fans will say that Goodell wants the 49ers to win the Super bowl this year so he is setting us up to do that.(hence the light suspension)

#bookit

No one would believe that Goodell wants us to win the Super Bowl.
first offense gets off on bail ..even for us common folk

I don't think we would get off for beating the s**t out of a wife/gf
Originally posted by jreff22:
None.

His wife chose not to file charges, that's why
He's had multiple issues. 8 games with time served, so 3 this year. Appealed to two.

But I think the Ray Rice thing could actually help him. Goodell can't drop the hammer on him too bad without looking even worse imo.
Share 49ersWebzone