LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Realistically, How many games do you think Aldon should/will be suspended for?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Realistically, How many games do you think Aldon should/will be suspended for?

I think it will be 6 games reduced to 4.
If Ray Rice gets 2 for knocking his girlfriend out and dragging her around by the hair, I don't see why Aldon Smith gets more than 2.
I hope it's only 2 games or less.
Anything more than 2-4 games is NUTS. I chose two but maybe it'll be 6 games and Goodell gives credit to Aldon for those 5 games he missed. 6-5 = 1 game.
Officially it will be four games, but he'll only miss two due to him going to rehab. Im betting he still misses on 4 game checks though.
Between 2 - 4 is fair this incident happened a while ago and he has shown signs of wanting to change and has been a good team mate since that LAX incident. Ray Rice beat up a woman and dragged her and got 2 games he should of got 8 games or more and Goddell went easy on him Aldon should not get a harsh penalty.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
c/s
I hope it's 2-4 games. Look at Ray Rice. That guy is getting only what 2 games? There going to set a precedence if they give Aldon more games. Domestic violence is not as big of a deal as any other crime.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He missed like 5 games for rehab last year right? I think that has to count for something. How can he miss that much time last year and get a huge suspension this year on top of it. IMO counting the rehab and missed games last year he should get less this year. Would have been around 4 - 6 games. But i could see 2 only with last years missed time. They got to count the missed time last year and voluntary rehab. That's what he has in his favor.

Because it was voluntary and he got paid during that time. I do think it will be taken into account, but those 5 games were NOT a suspension.

Take away game checks for whatever he will be suspended for and give him time served. That's the most fair and the right thing to do. But this is Goodell we are talking about. Nothing about him is fair.
Originally posted by DaGr84Niner:
I hope it's 2-4 games. Look at Ray Rice. That guy is getting only what 2 games? There going to set a precedence if they give Aldon more games. Domestic violence is not as big of a deal as any other crime.

This is what i'm banking on. But Goodell has lost touch with reality and doesn't use his brain.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Fox Sports just said the 49ers are bracing for him to get 6-8 games, I can't see that happening more like 2-4.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
c/s

c/s??
People keep saying Ray Rice got 2 games & its a outrage & why would Smith even get more then 2 well its quite simple Goddell is using the "repeated" offender card on Smith, This is Rice's 1st strike with the league offices. As much as i dont agree with the legal process this is what i think they will consider & serve a harsher punish on Aldon. Yes its sucks really what can we as fans really do about it.

i say its 6 games & gets reduced to 4.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
People keep saying Ray Rice got 2 games & its a outrage & why would Smith even get more then 2 well its quite simple Goddell is using the "repeated" offender card on Smith, This is Rice's 1st strike with the league offices. As much as i dont agree with the legal process this is what i think they will consider & serve a harsher punish on Aldon. Yes its sucks really what can we as fans really do about it.

So Smith gets a repeat offender with out being a offender in the first place ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

So Smith gets a repeat offender with out being a offender in the first place ?

its not about convictions. if you have 4-5 incidents that stain the leagues image (in their view) you're going to get the hammer coming down on you. we can debate semantics about aldons transgressions but the bottom line is he has had multiple incidents. its not very comparable at all to ray rice. he has had 1 incident in like 6-7 years. aside from that goodell doesnt seem to have a set template for the personal conduct policy. the drug policy is a little more clear, do this and that and this is your suspension.
Share 49ersWebzone