There are 213 users in the forums

Realistically, How many games do you think Aldon should/will be suspended for?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Realistically, How many games do you think Aldon should/will be suspended for?

Honestly, I feel like suspension should be no more than 2 games to almost none.

Them talking about 6-8 games is a little ridiculous considering other players doing worse and getting away with less punishment.

Though this isn't his first screw up, but still. They down graded his incident at the airport.

I say give the guy a ultimatum, He messes up again, suspend him for Year. Plain and Simple.

Throw us a bone Goodell
IMO no more than 2 games. However, I think goodell will give 6 and it will get appealed down to 4. He will now over kill for f**king up the ray rice suspension so badly.
4 games to make a point, 2 game credit for time served in rehab...so 2 games total.
He missed like 5 games for rehab last year right? I think that has to count for something. How can he miss that much time last year and get a huge suspension this year on top of it. IMO counting the rehab and missed games last year he should get less this year. Would have been around 4 - 6 games. But i could see 2 only with last years missed time. They got to count the missed time last year and voluntary rehab. That's what he has in his favor.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He missed like 5 games for rehab last year right? I think that has to count for something. How can he miss that much time last year and get a huge suspension this year on top of it. IMO counting the rehab and missed games last year he should get less this year. Would have been around 4 - 6 games. But i could see 2 only with last years missed time. They got to count the missed time last year and voluntary rehab. That's what he has in his favor.

Because it was voluntary and he got paid during that time. I do think it will be taken into account, but those 5 games were NOT a suspension.

Exactly,

the voluntary rehab has to count for something, I mean come on now. this guys been busting his ass since that airport incident.

If it's between 6-8 games, I say Goodell just hates us, and is a east coast bias lol.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Because it was voluntary and he got paid during that time. I do think it will be taken into account, but those 5 games were NOT a suspension.

It's just like a suspension. We lost him. He did not play. It hurt the team. Rehab is important according to Goodell and should be considered according to his own words.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Yes, but that was because We decided to pay him during that time, we didn't have to. But we chose to do that to show that we still believe in him, and want him around and we weren't going to give up on him.
I predict a 1 game suspension.
I think Schefter is half right. 6 games, minus the 5 voluntarily served, leaving suspension for first game of season. Also heard some word that suspension could be shortened based on behavior early on. To date, Aldon has been doing well, will start Mondays of game week doing trash pickup(or something like that), so Goodell can turn on his television every week and see Aldon doing trash pickup along roadsides or in cities. MAX 1 more game without Aldon, if that. And arguing as Blues did above, if true...still as San Diego said, we didn't have him. It was equivalent to a voluntary suspension.

I will not be surprised if goodell says no more suspension, but if any more problems, he is gone for the yr. This is actually what I think he will say, and no further suspension. I think that, moreso than more lost games for Aldon, is the important part...to be sure there are no more mental lapses...and a big hammer to ensure Aldon stays on the straight and narrow. FRankly, after all the stuff that has happened, I think the F.O. would need to take a hard look at keeping Aldon on if he gets in legal trouble again...much as I love the guy.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
At worst, the Ray Rice deal

At best (zero, zilch, nada)
He will get 2 games suspension...... Then the rest of the teams fans will say that Goodell wants the 49ers to win the Super bowl this year so he is setting us up to do that.(hence the light suspension)

#bookit
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Aug 8, 2014 at 8:07 AM ]
I fear that after all the crap Goodell took from the public about the two game suspension of Ray Rice that he may use Aldon to set things straight and hit him with a much larger suspension and that would suck!
Zero games! His off field troubles are just that, OFF FIELD. We have a justice system set up for civil and criminal matters. The NFL (Goodell) are sticking their nose were it doesn't belong. Think about it, would you get suspended from your job if it was not dependent on your license or driving record?
I just hope we find out today. The suspense is killing me!
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Aug 8, 2014 at 8:49 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone