LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Which player are you most eager to see in the preseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which player are you most eager to see in the preseason?

Everybody in the secondary and Hyde
I'm eager to see the whole damn team!
Ward - Didn't see much of him in college so can't wait to see how he plays
Just hope the o- line looks decent....
I'm most interested how well the offensive line as a unit plays without Boone, Goodwin and (for now) Davis, especially how well will Kilgore, Looney and Marcus Martin play. Pre-season last year neither one of them was particularly impressive (although Kilgore was reasonably okay). It could be tough for the team if those guys can't hold their own much of the time and jell together into at least a solid unit.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Equally feeling all the ones listed, but mostly interested to see how the NT, OG / OT and DB positions play out.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Niners816:
Great post....I'm an offense guy at heart, but schemewise I think this preseason will be very barebones showing little if any schematic changes. My feeling is any offensive changes will be unleashed in the regular season to keep them off of film as long as possible. Therefore this preseason in my eyes is all about the defense. Can't wait to see how the new guys fit in.

Absolutely! But even if it's vanilla (no change for us), it will be fun to see if we start incorporating more "safe" plays (i.e. more designed passes to our RB's as primary targets, more check downs to a RB/FB and more safe passes to the TE's in the soft zone holes). All three areas where non-existent last year but could be HUGE for us going forward.

But overall, I agree...I can't wait to see not only the individual play, but are we going to see a glimpse of a scheme change defensively (i.e. single-high S with more press?).

Just seeing that made me realize the Niners hardly ever just run a basic route to sit in a zone for like 4/5 yards. Especially on a 1st donw to start the dirves off wiht something positive. Instead of Gore up the gut.
Walsh said it's the easiest pass in the game. Plus it just so happnes to be McDonald's strength. Use him!!!!!
Hyde for sure.. if we would have had a true power back we could lean on we would have won 2 of the last 3 bowls.
And Ward because that is the other position responsible for costing us big in crunch time. I have a good feeling about ward. He's gonna b all over the place..
Not to be cliche but I hope we have found our " beast mode"(Hyde) and " honey badger " in Ward.
Dial for me, after reading all the good remarks on him and Doresy goin down. 2nd would be Borland especially against Baltimore.
I am all ready sold on Patton, Tank, and Lemonier
  1. Tank
  2. Okoye
  3. Ward
  4. Hyde
  5. Patton
  6. McDonald
  7. D. Johnson
  8. Dial
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Aug 7, 2014 at 2:54 PM ]

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
  1. Tank
  2. Okoye
  3. Ward
  4. Hyde
  5. Patton
  6. McDonald
  7. D. Johnson
  8. Dial

Same
Dial is one of the most intriguing of this game with Dorsey out. The zone has been wanting a behemoth in the middle for quite some time, he was a run stuffing monster in college and could be a huge find... lit-rally.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Tank. I want to see what all the hype is about.
Tank
Okoye
Ward
Hyde
Patton
McDonald
D. Johnson
Dial

Stolen from Ninerbuff, his list was much better than mine.
[ Edited by WINiner on Aug 7, 2014 at 3:37 PM ]
If okoye gets a sack he will reach nate davis and thomas clayton territory.
Share 49ersWebzone