There are 241 users in the forums

Is this "Our Year"?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is this "Our Year"?

Such a hoot...
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Why would this not be the niners year? They have the talent, coaching, management...all signs pointing up! Go niners!

The playcalling is my concern. The playcalling has to be consistent with the talent the niners have. With the talent at WR this season, I just hope they take advantage of that.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm sensing a whole lot of optimism here in NT. Everyone is excited about the potential breakout of the passing game, the new youth on defense, and of course the new stadium. Meanwhile the rest of the world is kind of overlooking us...

Idk about you guys but I feel something really special is brewing this season, it must be our year!

Yes, no?!

To be honest, the last 3 years should have been our years. We were the best team in the NFL and have been since 2011. For whatever reason, the ball just didn't bounce our way. That trend has to end somewhere, and most believe it ends this year.

We were a Kyle Williams muff away from the Super Bowl in 2011. And in 2012 and 2013, we did not adjust when it became clear that the refs were allowing the other team to ignore the rules. Even with that being the case, both games came down to the wire.

The mmisfortune has to end somewhere, and I believe it ends in 2014.
I firmly believe that 4 elements go into it being your year and the last 4 we have had 3 out of 4. Maybe this will be the year we line it all up?

1) personelle- We have it now and we have had it since the Jed York/ Harbaugh era began. Sure there have been weaknesses at certain positions. WR last year for example hurt us pretty bad.for sure and think this is why we didnt make it all the way. But on a whole Trent fields a team that can contend every year and looks to do so going forward.

2) Coaching - people may complain about some of the play calling - myself included, but all you have to do is go back and look at the Singletary coached teams and see the difference a real coach makes, after all Harbs and crew may not always be perfect play to play but they put our guys in a position to win every single week when you look at the entire game plan they seldom miss.

3) Play on the field- When the ball is in play our guys show up....are mistakes made from time to time, yup. Do our guys make up for them most of the time Yup. Do I think one guy lost us a chance with multiple fumbles a few years back ....Yup.

4) Luck - See the Raven's superbowl. Sometimes a few flukey bounces and little love from the refs and some deer antler spray can make for a rough day no matter what you do to prepare, how hard you try and who you have on the field.....just like poker no matter how good you are, to go all the way there is always going to be a little luck involved.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I firmly believe that 4 elements go into it being your year and the last 4 we have had 3 out of 4. Maybe this will be the year we line it all up?

1) personelle- We have it now and we have had it since the Jed York/ Harbaugh era began. Sure there have been weaknesses at certain positions. WR last year for example hurt us pretty bad.for sure and think this is why we didnt make it all the way. But on a whole Trent fields a team that can contend every year and looks to do so going forward.

2) Coaching - people may complain about some of the play calling - myself included, but all you have to do is go back and look at the Singletary coached teams and see the difference a real coach makes, after all Harbs and crew may not always be perfect play to play but they put our guys in a position to win every single week when you look at the entire game plan they seldom miss.

3) Play on the field- When the ball is in play our guys show up....are mistakes made from time to time, yup. Do our guys make up for them most of the time Yup. Do I think one guy lost us a chance with multiple fumbles a few years back ....Yup.

4) Luck - See the Raven's superbowl. Sometimes a few flukey bounces and little love from the refs and some deer antler spray can make for a rough day no matter what you do to prepare, how hard you try and who you have on the field.....just like poker no matter how good you are, to go all the way there is always going to be a little luck involved.

#4- I hope that's on our side this year.
Been our year the last 3 years. Just ain't gett'n it done doe...

We're in danger of being the Philly Eagles of 2001-2004.

4 NFCCG, 1 SB = 0 Title
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 4, 2014 at 10:21 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Not making it to the NFCC game 4 years in a row, sorry

Well bumblebee's aren't supposed to be able to fly - but they do.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i have no complaints with our last three years. i got over that super bowl or bust attitude years ago with free agency, plus the years we were bad also humbled me. when you have a team built for long term success like we do and you can contend every year for a divisional title and make a deep run in the playoffs year after year,, that is the best you can hope for in my opinion. anything else is just gravy
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

What if we win that game and go on to be SB champs that year, could we have had #7 or possibly #8 by now? That one game could have changed everything for the niners. Granted we are still in an excellent position to win a SB but we could have potentially have had 1 or 2 SB wins in the past 3 years, even though we've come close otherwise.

I just got done watching the Back to the Future trilogy so got me thinking....LoL
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Not making it to the NFCC game 4 years in a row, sorry

Well bumblebee's aren't supposed to be able to fly - but they do.
bumblebees is a great bar where i live that serves great pizza. the bartender has one arm but she is amazing how fast she can make a drink , i figured deep down inside you wanted to know that

To me, this season feels like the '88 season. We were the favorites going to the Superbowl in '87, but after being embarrassed by the Vikings in the play-offs, the Niners were thought to be on the decline. However, despite the pundits and a shaky start, the Niners, in my opinion, had their finest season, and won it all in spectacular fashion. This year feels the same, but we'll see.
[ Edited by vermonator on Aug 4, 2014 at 10:28 AM ]
If Niners end up winning the SB this year, who ever will take over at NT will get my MVP vote. That dude is the f*cking glue for the season. Harbaugh, Fangio, and Roman will be sucking on Tomsula's d*ck forever after.
Greg Roman is going to out-coach the s**t outta the opposition
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Greg Roman is going to out-coach the s**t outta the opposition

so his last three years of incompetence at key times in key games in increasing longer stretches, was just a build up to this coming year?
Curse this thread...
Share 49ersWebzone