LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Is this "Our Year"?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is this "Our Year"?

Originally posted by jcashen87:
This last NFCC game took a lot of wind out of my sails, i have thought about how hard it is to keep getting back, injuries, etc etc. We have made it to the doorstep of a ring though with the same thing we are going into this season with, great players, masking our deficiencies, and playing ball control tight Defensive games. So i really think we can be knocking on the door again, especially with a hopefully bolstered passing O we haven't had, but it still takes some good bounces your way. Aldon jumps offsides and doesn't rush Russel on his TD throw to whats his name, Kap makes a few weird turnovers before the ultimate tipped ball, etc. I am just praying for those little fluke things to go our way, we BEEN HAD the right team, just need the stars to align.

So i have tempered my expectations, Andy Reid went to 3 straight NFCC and then the 4th year went to the big game and lost, but they broke through in the 4th year of where they previously fell short. Im hoping Harbaugh can lead this group of guys to the door again, and they will break it down without leaving a doubt. The seahawks pretty much steamrolled a lot of teams later in the year except for us, i want us to steamroll even if we struggle in season, i would love for the playoffs to never really be in doubt, hard to do now a days, but this last couple years put my young heart through some stress tests for sure, and knowing how hard it is now a days to stay at such a high level im just hoping for a good season and wait and see attitude, while fully knowing we have the right pieces to win it all.

They are. Just wait and enjoy the show
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
1994: Niners played the NFC-E and AFC-W 2014: Niners play the NFC-E and AFC-W BEWWWWWM.

oh yeah, facing the Chiefs & a former QB both instances...

Yeah, this is what I've been saying! -I think one of the Matts even reported that this will be the first time we've had all these teams on (the same) schedule SINCE 1994!

Raiders
Chiefs
Rams
Saints
Eagles
Lions
Falcons
Bucs
Skins
Cowboys
Rams
Saints
Falcons
Chargers
Broncos
Vikings

Cowboys
Bears
Cardinals
Eagles
Chiefs
Rams
Broncos
Rams
Saints
Giants
Skins
Hawks
Raiders
Hawks
Chargers
Cards

We also face the Rams back-to-back with NO again (like in 1994), that gave me chills in the first place.

Cawks/Lambs/Tards might as well just fold... why risk the injuries

Bring these back:

lol fo sheezy
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
hey, u guys remember that time we almost went to the superbowl against the Pats? or that time we almost won the superbowl against the ravens? good times, good times.

But those weren't "our year" doe.
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
hey, u guys remember that time we almost went to the superbowl against the Pats? or that time we almost won the superbowl against the ravens? good times, good times.

But those weren't "our year" doe.

This thread has officially been 'dropped' like a crack baby in a trash can.
This last NFCC game took a lot of wind out of my sails, i have thought about how hard it is to keep getting back, injuries, etc etc. We have made it to the doorstep of a ring though with the same thing we are going into this season with, great players, masking our deficiencies, and playing ball control tight Defensive games. So i really think we can be knocking on the door again, especially with a hopefully bolstered passing O we haven't had, but it still takes some good bounces your way. Aldon jumps offsides and doesn't rush Russel on his TD throw to whats his name, Kap makes a few weird turnovers before the ultimate tipped ball, etc. I am just praying for those little fluke things to go our way, we BEEN HAD the right team, just need the stars to align.

So i have tempered my expectations, Andy Reid went to 3 straight NFCC and then the 4th year went to the big game and lost, but they broke through in the 4th year of where they previously fell short. Im hoping Harbaugh can lead this group of guys to the door again, and they will break it down without leaving a doubt. The seahawks pretty much steamrolled a lot of teams later in the year except for us, i want us to steamroll even if we struggle in season, i would love for the playoffs to never really be in doubt, hard to do now a days, but this last couple years put my young heart through some stress tests for sure, and knowing how hard it is now a days to stay at such a high level im just hoping for a good season and wait and see attitude, while fully knowing we have the right pieces to win it all.

Agree with this post, particularly the bolded. The talent is there, always has been and lack of talent certainly won't be an issue going into next year. We're perhaps the deepest team in the league.

With that said, even the best, contending teams need luck on their side and if there's one team that needs to get hit with the lucky stick, it's us.

There's been quirky, flukish errors these past three runs that shifted the tide and went in the oppositions favor. Kyle Williams catastrophe against the Giants, the disastrous first half and the last few (failed) plays in the end zone when we were 5 yards away against the Ravens. The tipped pass in Seattle. Just hoping the tide has turned and that for once the stars are aligned in our favor.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Agree with this post, particularly the bolded. The talent is there, always has been and lack of talent certainly won't be an issue going into next year. We're perhaps the deepest team in the league.

With that said, even the best, contending teams need luck on their side and if there's one team that needs to get hit with the lucky stick, it's us.

There's been quirky, flukish errors these past three runs that shifted the tide and went in the oppositions favor. Kyle Williams catastrophe against the Giants, the disastrous first half and the last few (failed) plays in the end zone when we were 5 yards away against the Ravens. The tipped pass in Seattle. Just hoping the tide has turned and that for once the stars are aligned in our favor.

Statistically, we win a super bowl every 5 playoff attempts. So if you count '01,'02,'11,'12,'13 - we're due for a win any time now.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We will win.
I'm just glad we're relevant again after years of mediocrity. I've watched every game since the mid 80's, and it got to a point during some of those Nolan years were I'd prefer to do other stuff(although I rarely did) then watch us get smoked every week. My little brother and his friends are grown up and now season ticket holders, but they were all too young to remember #5. #6 is going to mean a lot for that new generation of faithful. More importantly though, I just want to put Seattle in their place.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Aug 1, 2014 at 12:40 AM ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woHl4lKTaa4
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

They are. Just wait and enjoy the show

I am still in awwwhhh of our draft. Our team is deeper than any I have ever seen in the NFL. I remember how good the '94 team was on both offense and defense. Those two units worked off of each other to make each other tougher and ready for any team. They were better than any other team on both offense and defense.

we need to hire mike shanahan as offensive consultant doe...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We are stacked this year. Barring injuries, we should roll the league this year.
it really depends on our punting

f**k dat bring back jimmy ray, bust out the ray gun offense

This. Aside from the first year of the read option and the ring-around-the-rosie-shift(which defenses were probably laughing at because I know I was) Roman rarely takes defenses by surprise anymore either by scheme or playcalling. If the Niners can't overpower a defense Roman goes into his predictable and pussified mode.
I wouldn't be too shocked if one of the reasons Harbaugh's contract talks hit a snag is because of his loyalty to Roman and Baalke not wanting to waste another season with GR "learning as he goes". I could easily see Baalke making it a condition of the next contract that Roman not be the OC.
Share 49ersWebzone