There are 178 users in the forums

Is this "Our Year"?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is this "Our Year"?

one game playoff makes it tough to say that in confidence. Not that I don't think we're the best team, but NFL playoffs are tough
There's no excuse why not. We have been knocking on the door for 3 years. It's about damn time to knock the freaking door down
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Super Bowl 49

20th anniversary of the '94 Super Bowl win.

Inaugural season at Levi's.

It's almost as if the stars are aligning. Obviously there are concerns (Bowman, length of Aldon suspension, secondary) but there's plenty of optimism for us as well that nobody wants to talk about like our redshirts from last year, revamped WR core and excellent depth.

It has to be our year. I hope it is.

It's a big anniversary year for us...it's also the 25th for the '89 squad and the 30th for the '84 team. It's only fitting that this team adds another anniversary.
If its not our year, I hope we dont make the NFC champ game or SB.

I cant take another loss after being that close.

But, I think this might finally be the year we break through.
iNDICT SEATTLE THIS YEAR AS THE INHUMAN FRAUDS THEY ARE
Iv'e felt that way the last three years. So of course I voted yes
I've been getting this vibe too, in fact it dropped almost immediately after the NFC Championship loss, like a creepy 'calm'. I'm trying to keep a humble mind/non-cocking attitude (period) about this upcoming season, but I've been looking at all those '94 connections as other members have been 'feeling' (20th Anniversary, certain opponents all stacked on a schedule for the first time since 20 years, a QB looking to silence critics after two major post-season losses).

There's a lot of coincidences, and although it's no guarantee (nothing is), I think no matter what happens by next Feb, this is gonna be the BEST team of the Harbaugh era (and this is something I think 100% of the board sees, too). This team is stacked, the Superbowl is ours to lose, cause the depth is so good it can step up, and make no excuses for any shortcomings.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I've been getting this vibe too, in fact it dropped almost immediately after the NFC Championship loss, like a creepy 'calm'. I'm trying to keep a humble mind/non-cocking attitude (period) about this upcoming season, but I've been looking at all those '94 connections as other members have been 'feeling' (20th Anniversary, certain opponents all stacked on a schedule for the first time since 20 years, a QB looking to silence critics after two major post-season losses).

There's a lot of coincidences, and although it's no guarantee (nothing is), I think no matter what happens by next Feb, this is gonna be the BEST team of the Harbaugh era (and this is something I think 100% of the board sees, too). This team is stacked, the Superbowl is ours to lose, cause the depth is so good it can step up, and make no excuses for any shortcomings.

Perfectly stated, dude. Exactly how I feel. There is a quiet calm about this year. 2012 and 2013 I was really nervous heading into the year. The pressure to win it was intense. Not so much this year. I'm so confident in this team. Haven't been this confident since '94. Of course nothing is guaranteed, but you have to like our chances.
1994: Niners played the NFC-E and AFC-W 2014: Niners play the NFC-E and AFC-W BEWWWWWM.
Originally posted by Niners99:
If its not our year, I hope we dont make the NFC champ game or SB.

I cant take another loss after being that close.

But, I think this might finally be the year we break through.

I feel you man. We need to go all out this year and get over the hump, Super Bowl or bust. I can't take another heartbreaking ending after being so close and coming up short. Gotta finally seal the deal. It's gotta be our year this year, it has to.

It is if we ban SanDiego49er
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
1994: Niners played the NFC-E and AFC-W 2014: Niners play the NFC-E and AFC-W BEWWWWWM.

HELL YES it is. Just one or two plays these past three years that could have gotten them a SB trophy. This niners team WILL GET IT DONE. Book it dano
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I think this is easily the best team we've had in two decades. We have such a good mixture of veterans with a lot of juice in the tank and up and coming youth.

On defense, our d-line is going to be insane this year. We're going to have a rotation of guys that will constantly put pressure on the QB. Tank and Dial have been getting rave reviews and when Ian Williams comes back, we'll have a second team line that will rival the vets on the first team (Smith, RayMac, Dorsey). Our LBs are already one of the best collection of LBs possibly ever with 3 All-Pro caliber guys (when healthy) and an underrated pro-bowl caliber guy in Brooks. Our young stud S in Reid is going to only improve on his stellar Rookie season and is paired with a solid vet in Bethea. Our CBs, kind of a ? coming into camp, are fast and physical and should greatly benefit from a studly front 7. They are already impressing coaches and media alike. Plus there's depth all over the defense. Injuries to important pieces can be overcome with such a solid group of bench players.

On offense, our line looks to be improved with the weak link in Goodwin being replaced by a tenacious young guy in Kilgore. As long as Boone comes back and contributes, this line should be back as the best line in football. Our WRs are finally a strong unit from 1-6. Again, a great mix of proven vets with young talent. Not too mention a healthy Crabtree coming into his prime is going to be a force to reckon with. Our RBs have two new studs coming in from the college ranks. Basically the two best RBs in the last two years, granted Lattimore's injury is still a big ?. Hunter's injury hurts, but luckily we have great depth and a bunch of hungry players wanting to fill the void. And lastly, Kap. Coming into his third year starting (technically 2nd and a half) is ready for a breakout. Faced with adversity last year, he still lead us to within a play of making it to our 2nd superbowl in a row. There's no question the talent and work-ethic. I foresee a huge year from him. I'm also excited to see Gabbert this preseason. Should Kap go down, we might finally have a guy that can still lead us to win games. So far, he's impressing this preseason, but we know he's had some struggles to start his career. I'm cautiously optimistic, but hope that Kap stays healthy enough that it's not a question that gets answered.

Last year I thought we were the best team in the league. Had Brooks not been called for a penalty on a game winning sack on Brees, we would have been hosting the NFCCG against the Seahawks. Not to take anything away from the Hawks who obviously had a great year, but I just thought we'd beat them in a best out of 7 on a neutral field. Obviously that's not the way football is played and the most talented team doesn't win it all every year. However, I think with the last two drafts we've had, compared to the Turd's, we're getting significantly better in the seems. Our starters are mostly static, but our bench is now full of young studs that can flat out play. These last two drafts are going to catapult us above the rest of the league. I don't think it's going to be fair for the teams we play against this year. I think we are going to dominate.

I agree. I really like this team and think there is a different expectation type vibe with the team as well. It's all business all the time.
Time for our first and second year players to shine and take us to the promised land.
Share 49ersWebzone