There are 198 users in the forums

Is this "Our Year"?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is this "Our Year"?

I'm sensing a whole lot of optimism here in NT. Everyone is excited about the potential breakout of the passing game, the new youth on defense, and of course the new stadium. Meanwhile the rest of the world is kind of overlooking us...

Idk about you guys but I feel something really special is brewing this season, it must be our year!

Yes, no?!
I voted yes. The past decade has left me as a bit of a pessimist. However, it's uncanny how much this is feeling like 1994 to me. I don't know if it's a 20th anniversary thing or what , but I jus feel like there might be a "perfect storm"'of events brewing that results in a great season. But in the end it really doesn't matter how I feel, it's how the team performs and navigates all the challenges of the season. If they don't do it this year I'm sure they will next year
astroniner said it would be, so I voted yes

Where is that dude, btw? We need him to make another reading with this new roster.
Whoever voted no should be locked in a cage with Lawrence Okoye and forced to play 1v1 rugby.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Whoever voted no should be locked in a cage with Lawrence Okoye and forced to play 1v1 rugby.

cause he cant play football?

BOOM
feels more like 1979-80 to me, with a young qb, pretty much unheralded, and a great coach. We had some special guys then, great running backs, great line play, we had 3 all pro DBs. Looking at now, I see a great qb, still unheralded, 3 all pro WRs, TE all pro, all pro RB, and moreso than ever some real depth. On D we have the best front 7, and now we have 6 DBs who start to give the feeling being reminiscent of back in the early 80s. Differences are we had The GOAT HC, the GOAT QB, the GOAT WR, AND we had some out of sight OCs...shanny, Holmgren, et al. Also, there was no cap football, making dynasties.

Now we have a great coach, HOF GM, and here is the bad part...romn. Everything else kind of syncs in for me, but I wonder how romn is going to handle calling running plays(where he's good), but mainly calling passing plays, where he is weak...real weak. Main question is can he integrate running plays with passing plays to become a true OC, or will he just be a run calling OC?

Teamwise, I think we have it. HC we have it. GM we definitely have it. OC...I don't think so, but if romn doesn't get it right early on, I can see Coach H callng plays, with an assist from Kap. Also our GM may have a guy in line already. I sure wouldn't be surprised, as Trent seems to think of everything. With that one blip, OC, I still see us winning it all. But not with as good a record as last yr. I think we go 12-4 as does SEA. I think we beat them on a tie breaker, points against, or something like that. Then once out of the NFC, we clean up. I think it all depends on our OC.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

cause he cant play football?

BOOM

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
feels more like 1979-80 to me, with a young qb, pretty much unheralded, and a great coach. We had some special guys then, great running backs, great line play, we had 3 all pro DBs. Looking at now, I see a great qb, still unheralded, 3 all pro WRs, TE all pro, all pro RB, and moreso than ever some real depth. On D we have the best front 7, and now we have 6 DBs who start to give the feeling being reminiscent of back in the early 80s. Differences are we had The GOAT HC, the GOAT QB, the GOAT WR, AND we had some out of sight OCs...shanny, Holmgren, et al. Also, there was no cap football, making dynasties.

Now we have a great coach, HOF GM, and here is the bad part...romn. Everything else kind of syncs in for me, but I wonder how romn is going to handle calling running plays(where he's good), but mainly calling passing plays, where he is weak...real weak. Main question is can he integrate running plays with passing plays to become a true OC, or will he just be a run calling OC?

Teamwise, I think we have it. HC we have it. GM we definitely have it. OC...I don't think so, but if romn doesn't get it right early on, I can see Coach H callng plays, with an assist from Kap. Also our GM may have a guy in line already. I sure wouldn't be surprised, as Trent seems to think of everything. With that one blip, OC, I still see us winning it all. But not with as good a record as last yr. I think we go 12-4 as does SEA. I think we beat them on a tie breaker, points against, or something like that. Then once out of the NFC, we clean up. I think it all depends on our OC.

I'm buying what you are selling Paseo, and adding extra!! I also think HaRoman will surprise people this year.
yes

This year is Super Bowl 49..

its Fate.
[ Edited by JimHarbaugh on Jul 31, 2014 at 4:51 PM ]
I voted yes. Something about this team this year has me extra excited for the season to start.
Franchise qb, new stadium and the NFL is not happy about the ass hats from the Pacific NW winning it all last year.

Superbowl 49 motherf**kers!!!
Super Bowl 49

20th anniversary of the '94 Super Bowl win.

Inaugural season at Levi's.

It's almost as if the stars are aligning. Obviously there are concerns (Bowman, length of Aldon suspension, secondary) but there's plenty of optimism for us as well that nobody wants to talk about like our redshirts from last year, revamped WR core and excellent depth.

It has to be our year. I hope it is.
OTB
Share 49ersWebzone