LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

I'm telling you........they are going to keep Lloyd

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It seems as though Lloyd is doing everything possible to make this roster and I think he will. I know he doesn't like contact but his route running is the best on the team. He not only will bring value on the playing field, especially in the red zone, his presence on the practice field is and will pay dividends as those young receivers watch him model great route running. It's bound to rub off on Patton and Ellington. For the sake of an argument, let's say he makes the 53 man roster and the Niners usually carry 5 WR's on game day. Who doesn't dress on game day and why?
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Crab
Boldin
Stevie
Patton
Lloyd
Ellington
I agree, it looks like Lloyd has a great shot at making the team. I would even say it's likely.

If we dress 5 WRs on gameday, I'd imagine Lloyd would suit up as the 4th WR. That leaves the 5th spot to Patton or Ellington. They will have to show some ability to play ST, hence why Patton is taking reps as a returner. He may even need to be able to play ST gunner. Ellington we know has return skills.
I'm starting to believe it myself now that I read reports that we are running a lot of 3 and 4 WR sets in practice. He would be your #4 and this is why both Ellington and Patton are fielding punts.
Lol. Just read SofaKing response!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Lol. Just read SofaKing response!

Great minds think alike
Haha called it from the get go. It seems like he's getting more praise than anybody. Not just from coaches, but players too. I lol at everybody that swore he was camp fodder.
[ Edited by WilliamDonovan on Jul 30, 2014 at 6:06 PM ]
Does Lloyd get to take his number back from Vernon Davis?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Given the reports, there's no way he DOESN'T make the team. They've been splooging all over him for the last few days. I'm glad to hear it because I was leery of Lloyd, but if he's motivated and plays up to his potential this is quite easily the top WR quartet in the NFL. Sounds like he's championship hungry, can't have too much of that.
Originally posted by Antix:
Given the reports, there's no way he DOESN'T make the team. They've been splooging all over him for the last few days. I'm glad to hear it because I was leery of Lloyd, but if he's motivated and plays up to his potential this is quite easily the top WR quartet in the NFL. Sounds like he's championship hungry, can't have too much of that.

Definitely. Everybody is saying he's the best route runner on the team. That's high praise considering guys like Boldin, Crab, and Johnson are no slouches. Kap said he's creating 2-3 steps of separation on almost every route.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 30, 2014 at 6:13 PM ]

• LVJay
  • Veteran
positive vibes
I've thought from the start that he's got a great shot of making the team. Osgood doesn't count as a receiver, so really we'd only be keeping 6 total -- not a ton if we plan on spreading out the offense a little bit. Plus, rookie receivers don't usually contribute much, so Ellington probably doesn't contribute much beyond special teams. By the time you factor in inevitable injuries, Lloyd provides nice depth.

Anyway, we really gotta credit Baalke for doing a hell of a job bolstering the receiver depth. Think of how far we've come. All of Lloyd, Johnson, Crabtree and Boldin have had 1,000 yard years as receivers. Lloyd -- although he's admittedly getting old -- would be our fourth option! That's awesome!

I hope he makes the team. I've been rooting for him all along.
After ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the years of the Webzone posting this..

it is surreal seeing folks excited about Lloyd making the team and contributing. Who would've thunk it???
After everything this team has gone threw the past few years at the WR position they cannot take the WR position lightly. Lloyd provides excellent depth at the position and can contribute if a WR happens to go down with a injury. And if the group stays healthy then using him in 3 or 4 WR sets is in our favor. He still runs good routes has good hands can get open for first downs to keep the chains moving. Let the guy finish where he started (hopefully with a super bowl ring)
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
After ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the years of the Webzone posting this..

it is surreal seeing folks excited about Lloyd making the team and contributing. Who would've thunk it???

Watch his interview on 49ers.com. He's a different guy now altogether, he's a mature, responsible, and very driven athlete. Thoughtful, in depth interview too....he's nothing like that kid who was more interested in his rap album than playing ball.
Share 49ersWebzone