LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Countdown to Preseason WK 1 (@ Ravens) - GAMEDAY!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by juycho:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by DeUh:
The 49ers released their first unofficial depth chart of training camp for the exhibition opener on Thursday evening against the Baltimore Ravens.

OFFENSE

Wide receiver: Anquan Boldin, Stevie Johnson, Devon Wylie, Chuck Jacobs, Bruce Ellington
Left tackle: Joe Staley, Carter Bykowski
Left guard: Mike Iupati, Al Netter
Center: Daniel Kilgore, Marcus Martin, Dillon Farrell
Right guard: Joe Looney, Adam Snyder, Michael Philipp
Right tackle: *Anthony Davis, Jonathan Martin, Ryan Seymour
Tight end: Vernon Davis, Vance McDonald, Derek Carrier, Asante Cleveland, Kevin Greene
Wide receiver: *Michael Crabtree, *Brandon Lloyd, Quinton Patton, Jon Baldwin, Kassim Osgood, David Reed
Fullback: Bruce Miller, Will Tukuafu
Running back: Frank Gore, Carlos Hyde, Jewel Hampton, Alfonso Smith, (*LaMichael James), (*Kendall Hunter)
Quarterback: Colin Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert, Josh Johnson, McLeod Bethel-Thompson

DEFENSE
Left defensive tackle: *Ray McDonald, Tony Jerod-Eddie, Tank Carradine
Nose tackle: Glenn Dorsey, Quinton Dial, Mike Purcell
Right defensive tackle: *Justin Smith, Demarcus Dobbs, Lawrence Okoye
Outside linebacker: Ahmad Brooks, Corey Lemonier, Chase Thomas
Inside linebacker: Michael Wilhoite, Nick Moody, Blake Costanzo
Inside linebacker: Patrick Willis, Chris Borland, Shayne Skov
Outside linebacker: Aldon Smith, Dan Skuta, Aaron Lynch
Left cornerback: Tramaine Brock, Chris Cook, Darryl Morris
Right cornerback: Chris Culliver, Perrish Cox, Dontae Johnson, Kenneth Acker
Free safety: Eric Reid, Jimmie Ward, C.J. Spillman, James McCray
Strong safety: Antoine Bethea, Craig Dahl, Bubba Ventrone, D.J. Campbell

SPECIAL TEAMS
Punter: Andy Lee, Colton Schmidt
Kicker: Phil Dawson, Colton Schmidt
Holder: Andy Lee
Punt return: Perrish Cox, Bruce Ellington
Kick return: Perrish Cox, Carlos Hyde
Long snapper: Kevin McDermott, Kyle Nelson

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-release-first-depth-chart-training-camp

Why is Bruce behind Devon Wylie?
That is a good question.

Don't think this was addressed. Ellington hurt himself in the break between OTAs and camp, seemingly playing basketball (same with Marcus Martin). Harbaugh was pissed, so he started Ellington off at the bottom of the depth chart. From the sound of things, Ellington is making it clear that he's not on the bottom of the depth chart, but I think Harbaugh wanted to send a message.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Derpirty Derp
[ Edited by Antix on Aug 6, 2014 at 10:31 AM ]
Originally posted by rvnight18:
Pretty sure thanksgiving dinner food has a full 60 second rule. Maybe longer.

Definitely longer. Hell as long as the dog doesn't lick it I think all is fair game/
Originally posted by Antix:
Derpirty Derp

lol I see you found Patton

I always thought this was the biggest hit!
Originally posted by SJniner7:

Yeah, initially I thought he broke the receiver's back. That's the most brutal Willis hit that always comes to my mind.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
After that hit from Willis, the receiver was carried straight to locker room. Showered and new undies... dude crapped all over himself (dripped into his shoes)
I almost don't want to watch this preseason game 'cause it brings up bad memories.

Almost.
Originally posted by CrimsonCrew:
Don't think this was addressed. Ellington hurt himself in the break between OTAs and camp, seemingly playing basketball (same with Marcus Martin). Harbaugh was pissed, so he started Ellington off at the bottom of the depth chart. From the sound of things, Ellington is making it clear that he's not on the bottom of the depth chart, but I think Harbaugh wanted to send a message.

I didn't hear Marcus Martin hurt himself playing basketball. Bummer. He's the key to this rookie class IMO, and I think he needs to start from day 1.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
I didn't hear Marcus Martin hurt himself playing basketball. Bummer. He's the key to this rookie class IMO, and I think he needs to start from day 1.

Marcus Martin and Ellington both claimed to sprain their ankles doing football drills before training camp started and Harbaugh said he believed them because he takes a man at his word but that was probably coachspeak for "I'm protecting my players rep but they probably did it playing basketball so I don't really believe them." Kilgore is definitely the starting center over Martin right now.

• lazy
  • Veteran
49ers 23
Ravens 3
Im going with 24-13 49ers win.
  • dj43
Want to watch Gabbert. He certainly has far more potential than he showed at Jax. It may take him a while to get his confidence back and start to play instinctively. If he can do that, he will be great insurance should he be needed.
Hoping to see a lot of 3 WR sets tomorrow!
Originally posted by CrimsonCrew:
Originally posted by SJniner7:

Yeah, initially I thought he broke the receiver's back. That's the most brutal Willis hit that always comes to my mind.

Currently a hit like that could be called unnecessary roughness.... 15yards...!
Share 49ersWebzone