There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Florio the yellow journalist moron is at it again!

I am so sick and tired of Mike Florio articles being posted here. Hey mods, why don't you just stop posting this 40er-hater yellow journalist's stories?

In his latest piece of tripe, this piece of refuse from the National Enquirer school of yellow journalismcontinues to harp on Jim Harbaugh's contract. He writes that numerous UNNAMED sources (which he then indicates are accurate sources even though he refuses to produce a single name of anyone who supposedly said what he claims to be true) have confirmed that Harbaugh wants to be paid like a Super Bowl winning coach, even though Harbaugh has clearly (not obtusely, like Florio writes) said that he has never told the front office that he wants to be paid that way, nor has he ever said he wants to be the highest paid coach in the NFL.

Florio writes that if that were true then Harbaugh would already be signed. He suggests that his (Florio's) reason is the only reason why Harbaugh has not signed the contract that was offered to him last year. What nonsense!

As one of the more intelligent commenters on Florio's article states, there are many possible reasons for Harbugh not signing a contract yet.

Considering Florio's decided lack of credibility as a sportswriter, and also taking into account his history as a 49er hater, I choose to believe Jim Harbaugh's clear statements concerning his contract situation rather than Florio's unsupported statements that are clearly designed to foment agitation and discontent among the 49er faithful.

I would lay money that Harbaugh will be signed to a long-term extension and new contract well before his current contract expires. I suspect Harbaugh will wait until next year's off-season, just to avoid any distraction from his dedicated objective to win the Super Bowl.

Florio needs to find some other line of work; perhaps at Starbucks or maybe serving food at McDonald's. What a creep!

Mods - seriously, please stop posting this hack's stories.
f**k Florio
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
I am so sick and tired of Mike Florio articles being posted here. Hey mods, why don't you just stop posting this 40er-hater yellow journalist's stories?

In his latest piece of tripe, this piece of refuse from the National Enquirer school of yellow journalismcontinues to harp on Jim Harbaugh's contract. He writes that numerous UNNAMED sources (which he then indicates are accurate sources even though he refuses to produce a single name of anyone who supposedly said what he claims to be true) have confirmed that Harbaugh wants to be paid like a Super Bowl winning coach, even though Harbaugh has clearly (not obtusely, like Florio writes) said that he has never told the front office that he wants to be paid that way, nor has he ever said he wants to be the highest paid coach in the NFL.

Florio writes that if that were true then Harbaugh would already be signed. He suggests that his (Florio's) reason is the only reason why Harbaugh has not signed the contract that was offered to him last year. What nonsense!

As one of the more intelligent commenters on Florio's article states, there are many possible reasons for Harbugh not signing a contract yet.

Considering Florio's decided lack of credibility as a sportswriter, and also taking into account his history as a 49er hater, I choose to believe Jim Harbaugh's clear statements concerning his contract situation rather than Florio's unsupported statements that are clearly designed to foment agitation and discontent among the 49er faithful.

I would lay money that Harbaugh will be signed to a long-term extension and new contract well before his current contract expires. I suspect Harbaugh will wait until next year's off-season, just to avoid any distraction from his dedicated objective to win the Super Bowl.

Florio needs to find some other line of work; perhaps at Starbucks or maybe serving food at McDonald's. What a creep!

Mods - seriously, please stop posting this hack's stories.

Or...you could just choose not to read his stories
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Or...you could just choose not to read his stories

The problem is that some of the PFT stories by other writers are fine. When the stories are listed in the news story listings you have no way to determine if it is a Florio story or not. Otherwise, I would not click on his stories.
I still think Harbaugh's contract situation is much ado about nothing. Most coaches sign their extension when there is one year remaining on the deal. Harbaugh has two. Next off-season is the time to expect a new deal.

Harbaugh probably wants to delay an extension for as long as possible so he can try to win the SB first, and then get the contract he wants from the 49ers. There is nothing wrong or strange about that. Seems like standard business in the NFL to me.
Mike Florio is really Grant Cohn. He has some wired obsession with Jim Harbaugh. These writers used to be impartial now article after article you can tell who they like and dislike. It's all about ratings, readers, hits, bits and s**ts, etc. I listen to people like Lowell Cohn in press conferences asking why don't you smile more Colin or talk more? Why are you uninteresting to talk to Jim? Are you jackasses serious? Writers are like ambulance chasing lawyers in my opinion. As soon as somebody says something it ends up on the front page of every newspaper or sports channel on TV twisted and distorted to the writer's point of view. Then they are asked about it 1500 more times. Then other players are asked about it and it causes problems then the writers label the original person who was answering the question as a troublemaker or selfish. It used to be that the teams and players were the story now you notice when there is a big story that breaks they interview the writers or reporters on ESPN or the NFL Network. The writers think they are famous now. The players should flip the script and ask the writers over and over are they happy with their contracts, take steroids, like so and so, cheat on their wife, ever do drugs, etc. Come to think of that nobody would read that because nobody cares Florio!!!! You can't play ball you jealous prick!!! You can't coach either!!!! You say Harbaugh makes you want to ram your head into a wall because I would love to ram my foot into your face!!! Report what happens on the field that's what most of us care about. Maybe you can't though. One they probably won't let you into camp and two you have shown you know nothing about football!!!
Maybe someone can start a fire Mike Florio or Grant Cohn thread.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,745
MF, GC and his pappy gonna get that Human Centipede (Love Train) going... they need a couple of more tools to get the ride started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-uGBD5QDEA
[ Edited by LVJay on Jul 28, 2014 at 11:17 PM ]
Yes it's total crap that Florio puts out but you ain't nobody if you don't Have a healthy flock of haters. Harbaugh is an intense and at times a divisive character so it should come as no surprise that he gets this kind of press. I mean He isn't exactly trying To charm the pants off reporters . Tho I do think it's important to know what is being published about our beloved niners so the idea to filter out less flattering stories is a bad one.
Grant is more repugnant to me as its his job to cover The niners but he repeatedly publishes half baked hairball stories which Seem to inevitably paints our team in a negative Light. Grant would love to see the niners loose so he could b right.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Yes it's total crap that Florio puts out but you ain't nobody if you don't Have a healthy flock of haters. Harbaugh is an intense and at times a divisive character so it should come as no surprise that he gets this kind of press. I mean He isn't exactly trying To charm the pants off reporters . Tho I do think it's important to know what is being published about our beloved Niners so the idea to filter out less flattering stories is a bad one.

Grant is more repugnant to me as its his job to cover the Niners but he repeatedly publishes half baked hairball stories which Seem to inevitably paint our team in a negative Light. Grant would love to see the Niners loose so he could b right.

I agree regarding Grant. He looks for divisive things to print. I believe he stays up at night crafting his next attack on the team.

I would just like to see a reporter... who reports and doesn't editorialize. I want to read sports reporters, not a commentators.
Originally posted by Ninerz4Life:
Mike Florio is really Grant Cohn. He has some wired obsession with Jim Harbaugh. These writers used to be impartial now article after article you can tell who they like and dislike. It's all about ratings, readers, hits, bits and s**ts, etc. I listen to people like Lowell Cohn in press conferences asking why don't you smile more Colin or talk more? Why are you uninteresting to talk to Jim? Are you jackasses serious? Writers are like ambulance chasing lawyers in my opinion. As soon as somebody says something it ends up on the front page of every newspaper or sports channel on TV twisted and distorted to the writer's point of view. Then they are asked about it 1500 more times. Then other players are asked about it and it causes problems then the writers label the original person who was answering the question as a troublemaker or selfish. It used to be that the teams and players were the story now you notice when there is a big story that breaks they interview the writers or reporters on ESPN or the NFL Network. The writers think they are famous now. The players should flip the script and ask the writers over and over are they happy with their contracts, take steroids, like so and so, cheat on their wife, ever do drugs, etc. Come to think of that nobody would read that because nobody cares Florio!!!! You can't play ball you jealous prick!!! You can't coach either!!!! You say Harbaugh makes you want to ram your head into a wall because I would love to ram my foot into your face!!! Report what happens on the field that's what most of us care about. Maybe you can't though. One they probably won't let you into camp and two you have shown you know nothing about football!!!
Nicely stated.
I can tolerate Florio, the other guy I just stopped reading anything he writes. The only way these sports writers (I use that term loosely) get anyone to read them is by their agitation. The best response is to ignore what they write.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I still think Harbaugh's contract situation is much ado about nothing. Most coaches sign their extension when there is one year remaining on the deal. Harbaugh has two. Next off-season is the time to expect a new deal.

Harbaugh probably wants to delay an extension for as long as possible so he can try to win the SB first, and then get the contract he wants from the 49ers. There is nothing wrong or strange about that. Seems like standard business in the NFL to me.

Agree, why wouldn't Harbaugh want 2 wait and see if he wins the SB this year, allow coaching salaries to increase (as salaries always seem to do) and sign the extension next off season. He still has 2 years left, people act like he has 2 weeks left.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I still think Harbaugh's contract situation is much ado about nothing. Most coaches sign their extension when there is one year remaining on the deal. Harbaugh has two. Next off-season is the time to expect a new deal.

Harbaugh probably wants to delay an extension for as long as possible so he can try to win the SB first, and then get the contract he wants from the 49ers. There is nothing wrong or strange about that. Seems like standard business in the NFL to me.

So win a super bowl first, then command top dollar? Makes sense to me.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I still think Harbaugh's contract situation is much ado about nothing. Most coaches sign their extension when there is one year remaining on the deal. Harbaugh has two. Next off-season is the time to expect a new deal.

Harbaugh probably wants to delay an extension for as long as possible so he can try to win the SB first, and then get the contract he wants from the 49ers. There is nothing wrong or strange about that. Seems like standard business in the NFL to me.

Youre making too much sense for idiots like Florio to understand. Stop with the logic Sofa