LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Niners sign Alfonso Smtih

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Tackling dummy. They should have just called me up.

what's your 40 time?
4:40
Originally posted by Ninerz4Life:
The definition of training camp fodder. That makes me feel pretty good because the 49ers must see real talent and potential in the backfield and return game if they didn't go after Felix Jones or Chris Rainey. It would have been the perfect time to address it if they saw the return game especially to be a potential issue.

good point, I had no doubt the team is confident in the running game w/Gore, Hyde, Lattimore, LMJ but you make an excellent point about the return game. If they had any doubts, Rainey would have been a perfect fit.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Esco:

what's your 40 time?

Ouch! A little bit over 1 hour per 10 yards!
Originally posted by Giedi:

what's your 40 time?

Wow! You really can time him with a sundial... :-)
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by aclarke49:
Originally posted by Giedi:

what's your 40 time?

Wow! You really can time him with a sundial... :-)

cant believe I didnt read one even if Smtih

fix the title homey
  • lazy
  • Veteran
nice pick-up.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
good choice, cheap, good blocker, good special teams guy. who knows when lattimore will be ready and i am not a big fan of getting hyde beat up in pre season if he is what we think he will be. nice the niners moved quick on it. I bet smith is very happy to be chosen by our team as he has a chance to learn some things from gore and maybe impress enough to get a job with another team after or if we release him.
The other thing Smith has going for him is he's a core ST's player...

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
KR Duties?

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 26s
Spare RB and ST player Alfonso Smith has been issued No. 30. #49ers

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Jess Root from Revenge of the Birds

"Alfonso is a typical back of the roster running back. He never has excelled as a runner, but he does have some skills. You might remember him as the back that fumbled late in the game the Cardinals played in San Francisco.

He has very good speed. I think he clocked a 4.29 coming out of Kentucky. The issue is that he does not have good patience or vision. As a back, he almost always hits his hole too early. He is a very good pass protector, which earned him a spot on the roster. He is solid on special teams and a good open field tackler in kick coverage. He is very likeable and stays out of trouble.

The Cardinals signed him as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He spent that first season on their practice squad. He was on the roster in 2011, and then in 2012 was beaten out by William Powell for a running back spot. Injuries to Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams brought him back. He made the team outright in 2013 due to his special teams play and pass blocking. That fumble against the Niners was his last carry of the season. The Cards didn't bring him back because he was a RFA and certainly not worth the tender. I'm personally happy he landed with a team, at least for now. If me makes the team, you will like him."
source: http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/7/29/5948109/49ers-officially-sign-alfonso-smith-waive-injured-fou-fonoti
[ Edited by DeUh on Jul 29, 2014 at 10:16 AM ]
CHAMPIONs**t!
Share 49ersWebzone