There are 261 users in the forums

Which Niners can return punts in 2014?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Cox and Morris?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Cox and Morris?

So far we've tried the following (albeit, sparingly...hell, we even had Willis return one yesterday). I'm actually excited to see what others can do esp. since there seems to be some Candlestick-like winds at certain times of the day/sides of the field. That makes someone with hands and the ability to read the ball well a priority vs. just return skills.

PR/KOR: LaMichael James; Perrish Cox, Darryl Morris, Devon Wiley, Bruce Ellington, Quinton Patton, L.J. McCray, D.J. Campbell & Kenneth Acker (even Carlos Hyde).
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 28, 2014 at 7:56 AM ]
I'd say Cox and Ellington are argubly the best options. Perrish probably #1, Ellington #2.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I have said before, and I will stay consistent, I want to see Cox get a shot. He should get to in pre-season now

yeah i dont know why he isnt considered more. he has the track record of doing it.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
I say Ellington and LMJ
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I have said before, and I will stay consistent, I want to see Cox get a shot. He should get to in pre-season now

we all know u love cox
Chris Biderman ‏@ChrisBiderman 2m
The Colts cut RB Chris Rainey, 26, who has experience at KR/PR. Could be a possibility for 49ers but comes with red flags off the field.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Chris Biderman ‏@ChrisBiderman 2m
The Colts cut RB Chris Rainey, 26, who has experience at KR/PR. Could be a possibility for 49ers but comes with red flags off the field.

in my opinion, we just need a cheap no name running back with no red flags who can some in and lessen the load for the two healthy backs we have. in regards to a kick returner,, it does not make sense to bring someone in for that due to the fact james will be back by the first game of the regular season and in the meantime,, we got quite a few guys who can get reps in this area. we all have high hopes for our rookie wide out to do the job but he has struggled so far but you hope he will be better in this area in two weeks than what he is right now.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Okoye
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MarkD:
Okoye

there is nothing he can not do

Originally posted by cciowa:
Okoye

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Okoye

really, think of it. if he lined up in the backfield, we would never have to punt the ball again. just thinking of it makes mayos penis tingle with delight
Originally posted by tondiman:
How does a wide RECEIVER muff three punts..............during practice.

Fo realz doe
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Okoye

He would be returning the punt dragging all 11 from the other team down the field to score . then the explosion that occurs when he spikes the ball after scoring would knock down both goal posts and Joe Bucks toupee would never be seen again.
Thought the thread title said at first glance,

"Will 49ers return punts in 2014?"

Share 49ersWebzone