LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Hall of Fame LB, Patrick Willis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Four weeks of were lucky?

Huh?
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/harbaugh-willis-toe-injury-not-long-term-thing

Linebacker Patrick Willis' toe injury is not so severe to keep him out of action for a significant period of time, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Wednesday morning on his weekly radio show.

"It's not turf toe, no, I wouldn't say that," Harbaugh said on the KNBR's Murph and Mac Show. "But he's continuing to be evaluated. I don't think it's a long-term thing, so that's the positive. And that's about as much update as has been given to me, so we'll know more day-to-day."
Originally posted by theduke85:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/harbaugh-willis-toe-injury-not-long-term-thing

Linebacker Patrick Willis' toe injury is not so severe to keep him out of action for a significant period of time, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Wednesday morning on his weekly radio show.

"It's not turf toe, no, I wouldn't say that," Harbaugh said on the KNBR's Murph and Mac Show. "But he's continuing to be evaluated. I don't think it's a long-term thing, so that's the positive. And that's about as much update as has been given to me, so we'll know more day-to-day."

Heard the interview, Harbaugh said it was not turf toe and didn't appear to be long term injury...same with all of the injuries last Monday....dodged some bullets as he likes to say..hopefully he's right
i dont think theres any chance he plays this week with the bye right after.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Heard the interview, Harbaugh said it was not turf toe and didn't appear to be long term injury...same with all of the injuries last Monday....dodged some bullets as he likes to say..hopefully he's right
I'm still skeptical. Harbaugh doesn't like to show his hand. I hope he's telling the truth, but he's not been known for his "forthrightness" when it comes to injury and players. Also not sure what his definition of long- term is.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
get well soon
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm still skeptical. Harbaugh doesn't like to show his hand. I hope he's telling the truth, but he's not been known for his "forthrightness" when it comes to injury and players. Also not sure what his definition of long- term is.

True, but whenever it's come to injuries he usually is pretty forthcoming...Im thinking long term to him is like 6-8 weeks maybe, not sure.
Considering his injury was pretty early and put him in street clothes in the 2nd half and will now keep him out of this week its a little more serious than day to day. If it was day to day he wouldn't be ruled out already. Luckily he has 2 weeks to get healthy and we have st louis after the bye so maybe if need be he can sit that game too but that would be the definition of a pretty serious injury

True, but whenever it's come to injuries he usually is pretty forthcoming...Im thinking long term to him is like 6-8 weeks maybe, not sure.

wut?

Originally posted by jreff22:

wut?

maybe i should rephrase...he is very transparent when doing his weekly interviews on KNBR...if an injury is bad he is much more sullen and cryptic in what he says....if it is not too serious he is much more jovial and eager to say it's not too serious and they "dodged a bullet". every year i can gauge how bad injuries actually are by listening to his interview with Murph and Mac.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 21, 2014 at 3:24 AM ]
The toe has been a recurring factor from what I heard and he decided to have surgery to fix it. Sad but probably a good idea...want him back healthy and at 100%. Can you imagine!? He's been playing with a persistent toe problem? I sit for a while when I stub mine!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
The toe has been a recurring factor from what I heard and he decided to have surgery to fix it. Sad but probably a good idea...want him back healthy and at 100%. Can you imagine!? He's been playing with a persistent toe problem? I sit for a while when I stub mine!

i scream like joe staley when i stub my toe. to think he has had this for a while and has still been a all pro.. yes by all means, lets trade him for a fourth rounder
Originally posted by DeUh:
@ Patrick Willis

One man down and another one comes up! We may not have us all but we believe in who all we got!

Hope they soon add a 3rd man to the picture Bow Knows!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone