There are 206 users in the forums

Hall of Fame LB, Patrick Willis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
This guy's amazing. One of my favorite players of all time. OF ALL TIME!

you must hsve missed the pre season memo,, he , gire and justin are washed up,, we are just a bunch of dinosaurs with the meteor fast approaching
get well soon!
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
This guy's amazing. One of my favorite players of all time. OF ALL TIME!

you must hsve missed the pre season memo,, he , gire and justin are washed up,, we are just a bunch of dinosaurs with the meteor fast approaching

Dinosaurs are awesome.
I'm getting so tired of all these critical injuries (in nature or the timing of them) to all our key players every single year. Turf toe could affect a player for half a season or more...look how long Brock has been out.

At some point, you have to tip your cap to Baalke given all the depth we have and to Fangio for how well this unit has played despite this grocery-long list of key injuries. If we can pull a W out this w/e, it would be epic!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm getting so tired of all these critical injuries (in nature or the timing of them) to all our key players every single year. Turf toe could affect a player for half a season or more...look how long Brock has been out.

At some point, you have to tip your cap to Baalke given all the depth we have and to Fangio for how well this unit has played despite this grocery-long list of key injuries. If we can pull a W out this w/e, it would be epic!

Injuries take a big toll on promising careers. The average NFL career is so short. About 3.5 years. To win a superbowl - usually you have to have one outstanding draft and two good ones to fit in that span of time. Miss one year (like our 2012 draft) and you won't make it. The saving grace of the 2012 draft is our undrafted free agents demarcus and ian.
With Willis out, our offense will have to pick up the slack, especially with Julius Thomas coming. We don't have anyone who is a good matchup for him. I fully expect a big performance from the Bronco's offense, so if we want to win, we'll have to score a lot!

Agreed, I HATE sitting around thinking about the what if's of our players being in the lineup. PFT says it's a sprain, not really sure what the difference is between turf toe and a sprained toe but I'm hoping that a sprain is better. At least we got the bye week after the Denver game, would be awesome if we can pull out the win despite all these injuries/suspension and go into the bye and get guys like Willis, A.Davis, VD (didn't look 100% to me), Brock healthy.
I'm hoping that at worst he comes back by Thanksgiving.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
With Willis out, our offense will have to pick up the slack, especially with Julius Thomas coming. We don't have anyone who is a good matchup for him. I fully expect a big performance from the Bronco's offense, so if we want to win, we'll have to score a lot!

I for one am not going to underestimate Fangio. He's done a great job this year with out starters on D. Now I'm not saying the niner defense is going to shutdown Peyton but I think they can keep him under 25 points. Now the question will be if Kaep and the offense can score at least 30 on Denver's #4 defense. The niners are #2 in total defense and that was just with Willis (minus Aldon, Navarro, Glenn, and Brock). Everyone who's stepped in has excelled. The defense taking the field Sunday against Denver will be the same defense minus Willis so Borland will just need to step up. I honestly think they'll play alot of Nickel and Dime anyway so Borland won't be on the field most of the game. I think Fangio will have this defense ready. Again, the big question is will Roman have the offense ready?
Originally posted by matt49er:

Agreed, I HATE sitting around thinking about the what if's of our players being in the lineup. PFT says it's a sprain, not really sure what the difference is between turf toe and a sprained toe but I'm hoping that a sprain is better. At least we got the bye week after the Denver game, would be awesome if we can pull out the win despite all these injuries/suspension and go into the bye and get guys like Willis, A.Davis, VD (didn't look 100% to me), Brock healthy.

Turf toe refers to a sprained ligament in the big toe. It can be for whatever reason extremely painful and problematic that doesn't heal very fast. It's a pretty f**ked up injury.

I don't think that Patrick Willis has turf toe. I believe that "turf toe" only applies to sprains affecting the big toe; your big toe is especially important because a plays a crucial role in movement, more so than any other toe on your foot. Bobby Wagner of Seattle was diagnosed with turf toe after Sunday's game, but I believe Willis sprained a different toe, which is good news.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Turf toe refers to a sprained ligament in the big toe. It can be for whatever reason extremely painful and problematic that doesn't heal very fast. It's a pretty f**ked up injury.

The Hawks lost their best LB to turf toe this past weekend to but the niners have ovecome more.
In today's nfl the players are so much bigger, stronger, faster, cut quicker so that's probably the reason for all the extra acl injuries (and others). This team gets decimated every year at the worst times with key players. Probably have another sb or 2 without them. Some teams are a little better off but a lot of teams get hit hard each year. And usually they run in groups for the team. When it rains it pours. Now more than ever it's key to have great depth.
Originally posted by theduke85:
I don't think that Patrick Willis has turf toe. I believe that "turf toe" only applies to sprains affecting the big toe; your big toe is especially important because a plays a crucial role in movement, more so than any other toe on your foot. Bobby Wagner of Seattle was diagnosed with turf toe after Sunday's game, but I believe Willis sprained a different toe, which is good news.

I hope you're right cuz I thought he did sustain "Turf toe" but if not he should be back after the Bye.
Four weeks of were lucky?
Share 49ersWebzone