Originally posted by rxrunner:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Quitter

quitter is right. he got paid then quit. money talk bs walks

7x Pro Bowler (07-13)
5x First team all pro (07, 09-12)
Second team all pro (2008)
DROY

Guy played 2 games with a broken hand, and only missed 2 games up until his final season.
Walked away from what could have been a lucrative NFL contract, and you say he quit after he got paid?
Quitter

You have to explain the "he got paid then quit" claim. He left a ton of money on the table and the organization quit on him.
Originally posted by English:
Quitter

Assume you are joking?

BAN HEEM
I doubt he would have retired if he didn't get scammed into thinking he could transition straight into a cushy EVP position in Silicon Valley. Think about it, why put your body on the line when you could make as much or more sitting behind a desk?
Originally posted by znk916:
I doubt he would have retired if he didn't get scammed into thinking he could transition straight into a cushy EVP position in Silicon Valley. Think about it, why put your body on the line when you could make as much or more sitting behind a desk?

He is not making nearly close to what he was making when he was playing professional football.
I would argue he makes about 10% of his 49ers salary (and thats being really really generous)
Was just watching some highlights of him today.. gives me chills.
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Was just watching some highlights of him today.. gives me chills.

"Sometimes the game hasn't even started yet and he already has 6 tackles."

Gruden: "He leads the NFL from a linebacker perspective in 'Holy Smoke' plays."

[ Edited by smithordie on Apr 8, 2018 at 3:57 PM ]
rxbummer.

Pat was such a gift to this organization. Ferocious power combined with text book technique. Wow. Do we need some of that.

Once again a bump in this thread got my hopes up. Damn.

He retired because his feet were shot. He didn't want to be mediocre, especially being paid like a star. Its sad that some people think every decision in this life is based on money.
First ballot hall of famer
Pat is the best lb the 49ers will ever have and no disrespect should ever come to that man
man my eyes lit up when this got bumped. i don't expect him to ever think about a come back but i would love for him to have a role in the niners, especially for foster. Foster is a huge fan of willis and he constantly mentioned it so having someone like willis who is probably one of the nicest guys ever mentor him would be awesome.

Maybe he didn't want to be crippled when he was 40? The guy had serious foot issues that were limiting his ability to move in any direction. They kept getting worse and worse so why push it, especially if you can no longer perform the way you wanted to?

I'll never have a single bad word to say about Pat. He was the embodiment of what every single 49ers player should strive to be, a tremendous competitor, a warrior and a class act on and off the field.
Share 49ersWebzone