LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Hall of Fame LB, Patrick Willis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
How can you forget that lick he put on the Jets WR coming over the middle? I literally thought that dude was dead...

How about that tackle he made against the kicker on 4th down in the Superbowl to give us a chance.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
How can you forget that lick he put on the Jets WR coming over the middle? I literally thought that dude was dead...

How about that tackle he made against the kicker on 4th down in the Superbowl to give us a chance.

Why don't I remember that... I guess I'll chalk it up to memory repression due to a traumatic experience (Losing the super bowl).
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

Why don't I remember that... I guess I'll chalk it up to memory repression due to a traumatic experience (Losing the super bowl).
John harbaugh pulled out all the tricks and dirty play

It was the fake field goal late in the game. Actually I think it was the backup safety that made the tackle (McCray?). Willis pushed the lead blocker clear to the sideline which secured the edge and allowed the safety to make a clean tackle.
My favorite Willis play was the INT he caught in Seattle where he weaved through traffic all the way to the Endzone.
Originally posted by nannite:
It was the fake field goal late in the game. Actually I think it was the backup safety that made the tackle (McCray?). Willis pushed the lead blocker clear to the sideline which secured the edge and allowed the safety to make a clean tackle.
I think it was actually in the second quarter. Right after Kaepernick threw that pick to Ed Reed.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
willis is hurt thus he now sucks and was never that good in the first place
Originally posted by cciowa:

pretty much

same with vernon
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by cciowa:

pretty much

same with vernon

and every other niner who is hurt . i am amazed patrick was the high level he was in the last two years with that toe injury. a fully healed fully rested willlis will be very nice next year,, plus i do not think we could ask for a better coach on the sidelines and leader than him
Now I totally think Patrick Willis played it safe because he also wasn't buying into Harbaugh. Why would Willis play through this injury other years but not do it this year?

A lot of change has already happened in San Francisco and more could be coming. Sources say that star linebacker Patrick Willis could be shopped to other teams in a trade and also could end up being a cap casualty. Willis missed the final 10 games of the 2014 season with a toe injury. The 49ers feel they have a younger and much cheaper replacement ready to take his place with Chris Borland. With NaVorro Bowman coming back, Willis could be deemed too expensive for a team that is tight against the cap.

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2015rumors3.php

If this Rumor becomes a reality then.....
Stupid if they do this. Just the thought of having a fresh Willis and Bowman with Borland and lynch as back ups seems ideal to me.
Originally posted by jwjr49er:
A lot of change has already happened in San Francisco and more could be coming. Sources say that star linebacker Patrick Willis could be shopped to other teams in a trade and also could end up being a cap casualty. Willis missed the final 10 games of the 2014 season with a toe injury. The 49ers feel they have a younger and much cheaper replacement ready to take his place with Chris Borland. With NaVorro Bowman coming back, Willis could be deemed too expensive for a team that is tight against the cap.

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2015rumors3.php

If this Rumor becomes a reality then.....

We should have moved Ahmad Brooks last season when we had a willing taker. Willis ain't going nowhere unless we can fetch quite the premium for him
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Walter Football????
Share 49ersWebzone