There are 212 users in the forums

Hall of Fame LB, Patrick Willis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Patrick WIllis

Surgery went well thank u all for the support and heartfelt wishes. Determined to get back on that field and be better than everr. Road back starts now!

He on the zone
Originally posted by DeUh:
Patrick WIllis

Surgery went well thank u all for the support and heartfelt wishes. Determined to get back on that field and be better than everr. Road back starts now!

So what kind of recovery time are we looking at? Anybody know exactly what was wrong with his toe?
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
So what kind of recovery time are we looking at? Anybody know exactly what was wrong with his toe?

should be ready for training camp next season.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by FastEddyD:
Love the guy, in the discussion of Top-10 49ers of all time. Will be 30 next yr making Top 5 ILB money, been injured 2 yrs in a row now. Borland pretty much looks like a "sure thing" linebacker playing on a rookie contract for 3 more yrs. If Bowman shows he can come back from the knee 2015 might be P-willy's last yr. Hate to say it, but its a business decision.

People hate it obviously, but it's basically a no-brainer at this point. It will save us 8 mil, with very little dead money. We will be over the cap next year, and we have to sign guys like Aldon next year.

crabs, brooks, iupati, maybe Vernon could all be gone. Willis is not going anywhere. Imagine if bowman gets hurt next year. Would you rather have Pat and Borland or Borland and ?....?

You simply don't bench probowl players like Borland for Willis. Willis May be gone with that salary
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Crabs and Iupati already have plane tickets out of here. We are over the cap next year even if we DON'T resign those two players.

To my understanding we are about $600K under the 2015 salary cap at this point.

Next year we can save:

- about $7.724M against the cap by restructuring Kaps deal

- about $6.754M against the cap by extending Aldon

- about $1.7M against the cap by cutting Dahl

- we can also save about $4,102,500 IF we trade Brooks

*all numbers by AB81Rules

Can't see us keeping Vernon
Originally posted by THEB:

If this wasn't a major surgery why did he put it off for 3 years? I dont get it
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Since it's been awhile since Willis has been our splash play king, let's reminisce about the good ole days for a second.

What are your favorite Willis plays you can recall?

The pick 6 against Seattle in '08, chasing down the Cardinal WR in '07....that sick diving INT on Wilson in our blowout loss two years ago....annihilating Ricky Williams in Harbaugh Bowl 1.0.....some nice hits on Reggie Bush in 2010 MNF....

In the Candlestick luxury suites they have a huge mural of him tackling Hines Ward in Pittsburgh, probably '07.

I want to hear more :)

How can you forget that lick he put on the Jets WR coming over the middle? I literally thought that dude was dead...
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Since it's been awhile since Willis has been our splash play king, let's reminisce about the good ole days for a second.

The pick 6 against Seattle in '08, chasing down the Cardinal WR in '07....that sick diving INT on Wilson in our blowout loss two years ago....annihilating Ricky Williams in Harbaugh Bowl 1.0.....some nice hits on Reggie Bush in 2010 MNF....

In the Candlestick luxury suites they have a huge mural of him tackling Hines Ward in Pittsburgh, probably '07.

How can you forget that lick he put on the Jets WR coming over the middle? I literally thought that dude was dead...

Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
You simply don't bench probowl players like Borland for Willis. Willis May be gone with that salary

Da fuq? Can you remind which year Borland participated in the probowl? If i remember correctly Willis has multiple all pro honors. Or maybe Im confused and thats been Borland all these years?

im guessing he thought he could just rest it in the offseason , the surgery recovery time is probably longer then the offseason..so maybe thats his reasoning to not get it done ?

it might be a blessing in disguise
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 22, 2014 at 9:24 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

im guessing he thought he could just rest it in the offseason , the surgery recovery time is probably longer then the offseason..so maybe thats his reasoning to not get it done ?

it might be a blessing in disguise

If by that you mean he comes back with his "old" speed I would agree.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I remember that play....just forgot to list it here.

A great cap to a game where we took down Favre for the 2nd time ever.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

No. Be serious.
Share 49ersWebzone