LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

10 Players Not To Forget/Underestimate

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With the margin for error razor thin between SF and Seattle, who ever backs up Kaepernick certainly shouldn't be overlooked if CK gets nicked and misses a game or two.
  • thl408
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
In my opinion, Ahmad Brooks had his best season in 2013. Why are people talking about replacing him? Lemonier will probably play out his entire rookie deal before he'll be in a position to truly "replace" Ahmad Brooks.

It has more to do with Brooks' large salary and the potential that I see in Lemon. Like I mentioned though, Lemon has to show a lot more than just being able to rush the passer to replace Brooks' skillset to play the strongside(!).
Originally posted by T-9ers:
those dudes are career back ups besides Lemonier looks like a starter, looks like the eventual replacement for Brooks, keep in mind i am wrong frequently

For the 9ers oh yea, alot of em could start on another team though like hunter or jerod E but my wild card is Morris Iev always have had a raging boner for him

Originally posted by thl408:
In the Rising Stars thread, similar theme to this one, I went with Lemon. So I'm on the Lemon bandwagon. This guy has that explosion coming out of his stance. I also see him as eventually replacing Brooks, but he has a very very long way to go before that happens. Brooks' ability to be an every down LB is something Lemon is completely new at. I am hoping that in 14-15, Lemon can overtake Brooks as the nickel DE on obvious passing downs. He can assume that role while he learns the finer points to linebacking in a 3-4.

Yea I saw that thread :P You hit the nail on the head with lemon I bet we start using him on 3rd and long situations but I swear every time brooks hits the qb they ALWAYS get hurt!
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
With the margin for error razor thin between SF and Seattle, who ever backs up Kaepernick certainly shouldn't be overlooked if CK gets nicked and misses a game or two.

Yea I definitely thought bout that and I think harbaugh makes gabbert a bad ass.

Jus mentioning Qbs can ruin a thread tho
Originally posted by crabman82:
because he started for patrick willis while he was hurt last season and bowman will be out for at least the first half. i have wilhoite starting in his place with maybe broland getting in there if he impresses

Damn great point either him or Borland is going to start ironic I make a thread about players we forget and miss that moon
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by crabman82:
michael wilhoite says hi

What out Skuta!? I have to be honest I am ignorant of Wilhoite and didnt even bother to look him up even though he came to mind

Why do you say wilhoite??

Soon you will notice... he Wil Hoite running backs and QBs
What players are we gonna forunderguesstimate?
Originally posted by Since07:
For the 9ers oh yea, alot of em could start on another team though like hunter or jerod E but my wild card is Morris Iev always have had a raging boner for him

Yea I saw that thread :P You hit the nail on the head with lemon I bet we start using him on 3rd and long situations but I swear every time brooks hits the qb they ALWAYS get hurt!

I don't know really, if these guys you mention are starters, you'd think other teams would be trying to trade for them. It's amazingly competitive in this league, almost everyone except the core of the team, which is like 15 guys, maybe even less guys are replaceable.

Brooks is a cap casualty most likely, he's a helluva player but we have alot of money into linebackers and Aldon will need a huge deal. There are literally hundreds if Jerod Eddies and Dials out there, one trick ponies. Hunter is a good player, but goes down way too easy to be an every down back. Patton looks good, but there is so much receiver talent being produced now at the college level, you really need to be special to start in this league. Guys who get drafted late and who are deemed projects sometimes never lose that label. Doubt any of those guys make an impact in this league.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Jul 22, 2014 at 12:38 AM ]
Brooks is more essential to the team's success than Aldon.
Originally posted by zugschef:

I don't know about that. Say what you want about Aldon, the kid has a gift. Not to devalue Brooks, who maybe the more complete player, but we are a more dangerous team when Aldon is getting to QB. Aldon is sort of the only guy on the team who doesn't need a scheme to put pressure on the QB, he can just flat out beat his man straight up. Maybe Tank can, we will see. If Tank can, then I'd say Aldon is expendable, but until then, next to Kaep, maybe Frank and Willis, Aldon is our most important guy. Clowney goes #1 because they hope hes the next Aldon Smith.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Jul 22, 2014 at 2:27 AM ]

Thank you for backing up your argument with evidence. You really convinced me.
Brooks is better against the run and at sealing the edge than Aldon. That's not even up for debate. This is one of the main reasons why Bowman had so much success. Apart from that, the Niners didn't lose a single game when Aldon was rehabbing. Smith did get significantly better towards the end of the season, but although he had some nice plays in the playoffs Brooks still played slightly better overall and even had more sacks.

I agree with this statement
I like everyone on your except Baldwin, he's a stiff.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Good one too. Great thread. For me I'm going with Cox. The light bulb seemed to come on after we cut him and brought him back for the playoff run. Could he become the next Brock who just needed time to develop and a reality check of humility?

Good call, I agree. I like Cox....wait no!!! That's not what I meant.

Cox has always been rock solid in the slot. Arghh, STILL not appropriate. My apologies again.

Cox always performs well....okay I give up. It's IMPOSSIBLE to compliment this guy.

Seriously though, he's a good player. He's probably going to play well in pre-season just like last year. But for him to secure a roster spot, he's going to have to show some ability to work on the outside. He can't stick to the slot forever, because we got Ward there and Morris is developing fast too. The more you can do, the better.

LMAO! Yeah, I see many 53's that don't even have him making the team. But I understand in that Morris seems to be rising a ton and clearly, we want to get Ward into the mix. Cox will need to continue to develop outside as well as continue his "arrow up" play in the nickle and add some on ST as well (he's a good returner).
Share 49ersWebzone