There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

10 Players Not To Forget/Underestimate

These are players to look out for because of injury's later in the season, they are in the rise, or maybe you have overlook them because of newer talent...

#10 WR Jon Baldwin 6'4 230Lbs Age 24

Some players blossom late and are thrown into fire early in their career Jon was only 20 years old with an awful QB who cannot be protected. With the lack of speed from our wide outs he makes our list. With great Height (6'4), a deep threat (4.3 Low), and jumping ability (14 inch Vertical), along with 10 inch long hands. Jon is the the complete package... with hands of stone, though has a knack of making spectacular grabs.

#9 TE Derek Carrier 6'4 241Lbs Age 23

Coming from a small college, Carrier has great speed and hands. A project; there is great potential, though not an ideal run blocker nor scheme (Spread) for our power run, look forward for him to be a vertical TE if V.Davis holds out into the 2014 season

#8 DL Quinton Dial 6'5 318 Age 24

Called nasty by Justin Smith, Dial tackles with bad intentions . A pure Run stopping DL being horrid against elusive RBs (LeSean McCoy) and is horrid to those who run with power (Marshawn Lynch) ironic he has fantastic acceleration and agility. Expected to play NT/DT not many have had success with his size, a 6'5-6'6 monster sounds ideal, but most have been successful being 6'3 to 6'1 playing DT

#7 *OL Joe Looney 6'3 315Lbs Age 23

Surprisingly made our roster every year and has not started nor played (to my understanding) for 3 yrs. Looney, a project came with great hope and potential when drafted of hype from articles. Being forgotten since the extension of Kilgore, Looney defines "Mauler" and "Run blocker" get him on a swing and watch him whiff or blow a play up. Has boom or bust written all over him

#6 DL Tony Jerod-Eddie 6'5 301Lbs Age 24

Being an undrafted free agent its amazing that most of us know his name 3 yrs later and is 2nd string to R.McDonald. Described as solid, Jerod-E might be more than that this season developing every year. The side to side player with Von Miller in HS, doesn't have much flaw in his game, however lacks to ever be dominant.

#5 OL Jonathan Martin 6'5 312Lbs Age 24

Breaking the top 5 is the 2nd round pick from the Dolphins. J.Martin used to play for Coach Harbuagh at Stanford, extremely consistent, he does not have heavy feet as Maulers do. Weak against biltz, has outstanding acceleration; lack of leg strength is a problem and can seriously disrupt a play if the defender gets the first step Martin can easily be driven back

#4 WR Quinton Patton 6'0 204Lbs Age 23

Coming from a small school Patton was immediately transferred to LTU after making in traffic gabs over and over. Patton is not that fast but out of all our possession wide outs his acceleration stands out. The very first pass he was thrown he dropped being wide open... Since then Patton has not dropped a ball once; most of which being in traffic including two clutch game changing/ending catches against Arizona and and Carolina. I am in awh he isn't talked bout more on the zone.

#3 *DB Darryl Morris 5'10 188Lbs Age 23

Since signed I have had nothing but high hopes for both Cooper (Lost to KC Chiefs) and Morris. Said to be our fastest player; The undrafted free agent has made NBC and multiple other head lines, Coming with horrid technique, pedaling sideways instead of backwards and biting on QB looks. he doesn't let any one get over his head; though good route runner will butcher him, has good reaction and wraps players up, he consistently lets WRs get an extra yard or two when tackling.

#2 HB Kendall Hunter 5'7 199 Lbs Age 25

Most will question why Hunter is on the list and so high; Since drafting Lattimore, Hunter has been cast aside. after drafting Carlos Hyde Lattimore was cast. It is only proven that Hunter is the heir to Gore thus far and not an argument whether he'll will be 2nd string in 2014. In 262 attempts Hunter has fumbled only once and averaged 4.53 yds per carry on those 262 attempts.

#1 *LB Corey Lemonier 6'3 255Lbs Age 22

With Aldon's problems and Brooks getting older.. expect "The Lemon" to show up anytime. Having 114 snaps under his belt making a tackle every 7.6 plays; the NFL team averages 65 plays a game thats averaging 8.97 tackles a game even more impressive, of the 17 times he was designed to blitz he hurried the QB 14 of 17
Lemonier has bad timing on the snap, stiff hips but flashes great agility, poor hand technique, the rarest trait is that he often tracks players and makes tackles even when being driven back.

Did I miss some one??

Which of these players do you think will make a impact 2014?
Frank Gore
Don't forget that Kaepernick guy either, he's got a little bit of talent.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
McDermott!
lol Frank Gore and Kap hope you are messin with me bein vets, its players who we underestimate
I will add Chris Culliver. A lot of people are down on him, and for good reason. He's coming off injury and legal issues. He looked terrible last time we saw him on the field during the Super Bowl. But when you look at his entire body of work, he was looking like one of the better young cover corners in the game. If he's 100% healthy, he should play very well this year.
michael wilhoite says hi
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I will add Chris Culliver. A lot of people are down on him, and for good reason. He's coming off injury and legal issues. He looked terrible last time we saw him on the field during the Super Bowl. But when you look at his entire body of work, he was looking like one of the better young cover corners in the game. If he's 100% healthy, he should play very well this year.

lets hope he learned how to locate the ball in the air
Originally posted by crabman82:

Agree, but here's the thing: before the SB, locating the ball and making a play on it was a strength of his. The SB was a complete mental breakdown for him. I think the controversy around his "anti-gay" remarks really got to him mentally. He probably felt all eyes were on him during the week and it screwed up his focus for the game. Hopefully he's moved past that game and is ready to just play football. He's a really good player.
Seems a lot of people are forgetting about Chris Culliver. I think he'll have his best season yet.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Seems a lot of people are forgetting about Chris Culliver. I think he'll have his best season yet.

Not me!

I agree. He's going to have a nice bounce back year.

Agree, but here's the thing: before the SB, locating the ball and making a play on it was a strength of his. The SB was a complete mental breakdown for him. I think the controversy around his "anti-gay" remarks really got to him mentally. He probably felt all eyes were on him during the week and it screwed up his focus for the game. Hopefully he's moved past that game and is ready to just play football. He's a really good player.

i agree that before the sb he did make some nice plays on the ball, but he also had times where he couldnt locate it very well, hopefully he has improved on that.

John Taylor

silent but deadly

/threads
Originally posted by LVJay:
McDermott!

Absolutely taking the job of a legit LS that has done it for 8+ yrs as a rook, but long snappers dont qualify

i agree that before the sb he did make some nice plays on the ball, but he also had times where he couldnt locate it very well, hopefully he has improved on that.

Yea no joke he has fallen out of the "good player" convo I remember him holding Megatron to 2 catches and like 36 yards as rook

Real good point (Sofa) how he might have be unfocused after that whole anti gay spiel the nation even san fran was probably sending him hate jus before the game
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
who are these people?