There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are the Niners working the system?

  • Phil
  • Member
  • Posts: 1,586
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by Phil:
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think the 49ers are running laps around the NFL. It's really unfortunate a few flash in the pan teams won the SB in this time span. The Giants and Ravens fell off big time, and I believe the Seahawks are in for a rude awakening as well. But these teams got their rings, and that pisses me off. We've been the better run organization year-after-year. It's time to win this f**king thing already.

Well put, Sofa....and in each and every case, a non call or a lucky play helped them win....

1) NY game....non call on fumble late in game would have given Niners a late FG opportunity...and a likely win. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moFbidNll28
2) Baltimore game (SB)...non calls on kickoff return (blatant holding on 2 different players), pass interference (end of game) to name just 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pro13bfeeVY
3) Seattle game....just watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X732486xLd8

This year, the NFL owes the Niners...big time...

Scum bag zebras 9/11 inside job type s**t.
Yes...but it certainly raises the question... Who are the scum bag zebras working for?....and what is their agenda? Remember, these were in the NFC Championship games or the SB...games in which the best of the best officials (supposedly) were working. Really? How could the "best of the best" miss such blatant calls?
Also, can someone mention a single call in any of the 3 above games in which the Niners were the recipient of a blatantly bad call which went against their opponent? Yet, in the 3 games combined, there were probably 10 -15 bad calls which went against the Niners. That, my friends, does not follow the "law of averages"... That, my friends, smells like what is likely is...more NFL B.S.

NFL? More like NWO!


As I said before, the pendulum always swings back.
Yes and working the system beautifully. Setting this team up for success.
Farm system...yeah, they are working the system like a boss AND playing within the rules unlike a certain other team.
But Trent couldn't do that initially until he had his "base". Once that was acquired he just continued to improve one position after another, and when we got a stud who wasn't quite ready for the big time, the team was so well fixed already that he was able to stockpile. That is not being done elsewhere because in other teams, they are living yr to yr on the squad they have plus a player or 2 from the draft, or Trade. With trent, he is playing 3 dimensional chess while others are playing checkers. It is truly impressive...and to my knowledge in the era of cap football, has not been done before. It is obvious what this bodes well for long term.
I think it's just that we have an amazing front-office core (cough, Baalke = genius), and with that we're always gonna be bringing talent in to replace talent, and that we've been properly setting the foundation up (in advance) through acquired depth.

You have to remember Baalke is no more tied (tightly) to the Parcells tree than Belichick in the standards of taking bargain players/deals, and finding ways to end up with almost 10 draft picks yearly. The 49ers and Pats have both been in their last three respective Championship games (including a Superbowl), and each are staying on top without giving in to the demands of a player/bringing in people with 'me first' mindsets (not to mention we've both recycled Randy Moss). When the 49ers and Pats bring a 'big name' in, it's when he's either just come off of injury, or mediocrity. The system eventually dictates whether it will be a success, or failure, thankfully it's been success (even if the success has been minor).
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
But Trent couldn't do that initially until he had his "base". Once that was acquired he just continued to improve one position after another, and when we got a stud who wasn't quite ready for the big time, the team was so well fixed already that he was able to stockpile. That is not being done elsewhere because in other teams, they are living yr to yr on the squad they have plus a player or 2 from the draft, or Trade. With trent, he is playing 3 dimensional chess while others are playing checkers. It is truly impressive...and to my knowledge in the era of cap football, has not been done before. It is obvious what this bodes well for long term.

Yeah what Trent is doing currently with the Niners roster is a lot of fun to watch. He is decisive and then acts accordingly. He is quick to identify what players are going to fit talent vs $ on the team long term. He has a great working relationship with the best contract guy in the business in Marathe.

I would assume there will be a change in the rules in regard to injury lists at some point here, because Baalke is playing that system like a fiddle and probably using it other than intended. We essentially use the injury lists to extend our roster with players that other teams can't afford sign/draft due to their injury status. As you said this roster is stacked, and deeeeeeeeeeeeep right now. I think Boone is going to help make sure that remains a constant going forward.
No, just playing by the rules. Where the Niners are working the system is by stockpiling draft picks and basically creating a college style redshirt system by drafting guys like Carradine, Lattimore, B. Thomas, Reaser and Millard with the express purpose of sitting them for a year to rehab, Hyde pick looks like genius right now and so does not trading LMJ.

With Hunter getting hurt again, it is also eliminates one more free agent competing for our cap dollars and getting a new contract next year. Kudos to you Baalke. Now it's up to Harbaugh and the players to bring home the title.
I think pasdoc is right, this strategy isn't possible unless you already have a strong roster in place. Otherwise, you're partially drafting for need to fill those holes.

However, this is what I don't understand: the 49ers strategy is blatantly obvious. Everyone knows about it. Everyone here is aware of it. Draft analysts are aware of it. If it's such an obvious strategy, why aren't more teams emulating it? Is it because they don't have the luxury (rosters aren't as deep)? Don't have as many picks stockpiled?
Originally posted by theduke85:
I think pasdoc is right, this strategy isn't possible unless you already have a strong roster in place. Otherwise, you're partially drafting for need to fill those holes.

However, this is what I don't understand: the 49ers strategy is blatantly obvious. Everyone knows about it. Everyone here is aware of it. Draft analysts are aware of it. If it's such an obvious strategy, why aren't more teams emulating it? Is it because they don't have the luxury (rosters aren't as deep)? Don't have as many picks stockpiled?

The Pats have started to emulate this strategy a little bit.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Phil:
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think the 49ers are running laps around the NFL. It's really unfortunate a few flash in the pan teams won the SB in this time span. The Giants and Ravens fell off big time, and I believe the Seahawks are in for a rude awakening as well. But these teams got their rings, and that pisses me off. We've been the better run organization year-after-year. It's time to win this f**king thing already.

Well put, Sofa....and in each and every case, a non call or a lucky play helped them win....

1) NY game....non call on fumble late in game would have given Niners a late FG opportunity...and a likely win. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moFbidNll28
2) Baltimore game (SB)...non calls on kickoff return (blatant holding on 2 different players), pass interference (end of game) to name just 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pro13bfeeVY
3) Seattle game....just watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X732486xLd8

This year, the NFL owes the Niners...big time...

Scum bag zebras 9/11 inside job type s**t.

Jed, Baalke, Harbaugh and the Mayor all smoothed Goodell over at the ribbon cutting and the agreement will be to finally let the Niner's win if they promise to share the stadium with the Raiders. Ouch...but OK.

Let the raiders play in candlestick
Originally posted by WINiner:
The Pats have started to emulate this strategy a little bit.

Lol...
It's not like these guys don't have huge risk. Lattimore isn't going to pan out. Carradine looks great.
  • titan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,686
A lot of big gamble could possibly be a gem or triage for players before they go to their new careers.
Those non calls on the Ravens kickoff return were sooo painful to watch in person from the Super Dome at the Super Bowl.