LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Best season in 20-30 years, better enjoy it....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SaksV:
Naw man, CHRIS F*KIN WEINKE was rock bottom

Yeah that was pretty bad too, but I just remember thinking "are you effing serious?" when Dorsey and Pickett actually played. Weinke while still horrible, is still better than either of those two... but not by much
Originally posted by 5280High:

Yeah that was pretty bad too, but I just remember thinking "are you effing serious?" when Dorsey and Pickett actually played. Weinke while still horrible, is still better than either of those two... but not by much

lol true. Pickett was so bad. He couldn't even cut it in Canada. Dorsey had perhaps the weakest arm of any QB to play in the NFL. Great guy and very smart, but man was he awful.

In my eyes official rock bottom was getting the s**t kicked out of us in Seattle 34-0 by a holmgren led hawks team in 2004. It's snapped the nfl record of like 420ish straight games of score at least one point. I knew 2004 was gonna be a s**t show, but the first two games of the season were very competitive. This game showed how far we actually fell.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

lol true. Pickett was so bad. He couldn't even cut it in Canada. Dorsey had perhaps the weakest arm of any QB to play in the NFL. Great guy and very smart, but man was he awful.

Remember when Pickett was also on special teams lol
Originally posted by Niners816:

In my eyes official rock bottom was getting the s**t kicked out of us in Seattle 34-0 by a holmgren led hawks team in 2004. It's snapped the nfl record of like 420ish straight games of score at least one point. I knew 2004 was gonna be a s**t show, but the first two games of the season were very competitive. This game showed how far we actually fell.

God I remember that season, the only positive was that we beat Arizona twice and at the time they seemed like our biggest rival.... in a sad competition of being worst in the west.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

LOL yes! Nolan constantly hyping him up as a monster gunner.

LOL yes! Nolan constantly hyping him up as a monster gunner.

If you can stomach it, just looks at the 2004 & 2005 rosters. They are basically expansion team level in terms of talent.
If you can stomach it, just looks at the 2004 & 2005 rosters. They are basically expansion team level in terms of talent.

Yup, took a look not too long ago on pro-football-reference. Completely devoid of talent. It's shocking we fell that far.

Yup, took a look not too long ago on pro-football-reference. Completely devoid of talent. It's shocking we fell that far.

How many wins do you think Harbaugh would of got out of those teams

4-5 more wins

Originally posted by CWin4949:

4-5 more wins

I agree. Those teams were complete crap, but I bet Harbaugh could make a .500 team out of them.
I agree. Those teams were complete crap, but I bet Harbaugh could make a .500 team out of them.

I agree, he'd find ways to make them better.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Oh nooooooo... does that mean we'll be manhandled when we face the Eagles... Kap will yell at Harbs for getting benched... we go on to beat erryone after that and bring home the 6th???

I'm all in!
The 1994 Philly game.......the turning point of Steve's career.....

I've posted these stats on a couple of offensive threads but steve young after the Philly debacle, played 14 games including playoffs. In the final 14 games of 1994, steve hit on 70% of his passes, threw for almost 3300 yards, had 35 tds and only threw 3 picks. His qb rating for that span was 124!!! I would put that 14 game span against any qb in the history of the league. Even seeing this all occur, when I ran the numbers they still shocked the hell out of me. How lucky have we been to have witness the excellence we've seen. Steve young on a mission was a sight to see.

It's just time to add another anniversary this year ('84, '89 & , '94)

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I agree, he'd find ways to make them better.

Instead of running drills like the (nut cracker), he would just bust balls
[ Edited by LVJay on Jul 20, 2014 at 9:43 PM ]
Great post and love the optimism. There is plenty to like about the team, the organization, and the new stadium. Looking forward to a stellar year. GO Niners!
Share 49ersWebzone