There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Best season in 20-30 years, better enjoy it....

It really (indeed) feels as if all the stars have aligned for this season. This feels like 1994, a QB coming off of two straight (major) post-season losses, a front-office that quite possibly had a knock-out FA/draft, it just makes sense that if it happens, it will happen at Superbowl 49.
I agree with everything except that we are lucky. It's not luck my friend . It's good scouting, good contract and player management and even better coaching. It's what happens when you have great leaders and quality people being hired.

It's sustainable baalke and harbaugh stay together for a while. If it's not harbaugh then all this might take a step back.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I agree with everything except that we are lucky. It's not luck my friend . It's good scouting, good contract and player management and even better coaching. It's what happens when you have great leaders and quality people being hired.

It's sustainable baalke and harbaugh stay together for a while. If it's not harbaugh then all this might take a step back.



****WE**** the fans are lucky.....
Really nice job CWin. Unlike you, I arrived in 1977, had seen this scrawny kid in the Cotton bowl (or Bluebonnet bowl) and dang if we didn't draft him. So to me this a whole lot more like '77 when they had GOAT Coach, GOAT QB, GOAT WR, and then so many HOFers it is hard to remember. Rath, Roger, Board, Dwight, John Taylor, et al. And you know the hx. From there 4 SB titles with Joe, and a whole lot of 12+ game wins, usually in playoffs. That's what this reminds me of where we are now. Nobody knew what Joe was, probably except Coach W. Nobody knows what kap is yet. Pretty impressive, but I think we know as much about kap as we did early on with Joe. Coaching, well hard to be GOAT, but JH doesn't have any flies on him.

Our real difference...is at OC, Shanny, Holmgren vs romn. He hasn't done enough yet to deserve the "a". So romn. As great as the talent and depth on this team is, our OC is our weakest link by a country mile.
Other difference is cap football vs Eddie D. (if you want it, i'll buy it). Can't do that today, so good as BWs front office was, this one with Trent is better. I sure as heck hope he is getting paid accordingly. In a game that now is leveled by cap, Trent has somehow built a block buster...hats off to paraag too...and he has this amazing pipeline. In this day and age, what trent has done, is well, non-pareil.

So Win, congrats on the post, but I think this is '77 all over again, just moved up to Joe's first SB yr.
Originally posted by CWin4949:
I've been here the whole time...... I've lived and died with this team since I was 8 years old and even in the darkest days I stood by being full blown homer saying we were better than we really were....

I was one of the fools that said....

"Dennis Erickson can win in SF"

"Jonnie Morton has good games left"

"Arron Rodgers is gonna suck, the kid from Utah will be way better"

"T.O. aint never gonna leave SF"

"Jeff Garcia isn't gay, he just sounds weird when he talks"

"Rashaun Woods is going to set NFL marks, BOOK IT"

"Reggie McGew is gonna be a beast"

"JT O Sullivan can be a good QB in the right system"

"Nate Davis is the best QB in the NFCW"

"Coach Nolan is bringing class back to the league with that suit, we're on the verge of being great"

"Singletary is the truth, dude has what it takes, here comes #6"





Now that we're finally somewhere, I don't ever want it to end.....

and Mike Rumph????
Anybody that says they weren't on several of these guys bandwagons, isn't telling the truth.
Biggest thing to acknowledge is that Jim is entering his 4th year as a head coach, that's the most common year for a coach (next to year 5) to win a Superbowl with his con-current team (Pete Carrol; 4, Sean Payton; 4).
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
its the 94-95 season all over again. We got a loaded roster with hungry veterans with a closing window and a QB with a monkey on his back

Our Window is far from being closed
Our window isnt closing but i mean some of veterans' windows are closing like j.smith and frank gore. they are super hungry to win the big one because they know they dont have many years left

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
its the 94-95 season all over again. We got a loaded roster with hungry veterans with a closing window and a QB with a monkey on his back

Our Window is far from being closed
  • Disp
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,470
From top to bottom this is the best team I can ever remember us having. I watched the Niners in the 80's, but I was too young to really grasp everything until about '91 when Young started his dominance. On paper this is imo the best team we've had since the Montana days. The team is so stacked that Eric Reid is our worst rated starter according to Profootballfocus. Let that sink in for a minute. A player who made the pro bowl as a rookie is the worst starter.


[ Edited by Disp on Jul 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Disp:
From top to bottom this is the best team I can ever remember us having. I watched the Niners in the 80's, but I was too young to really grasp everything until about '91 when Young started his dominance. On paper this is imo the best team we've had since the Montana days. The team is so stacked that Eric Reid is our worst rated starter according to Profootballfocus. Let that sink in for a minute. A player who made the pro bowl as a rookie is the worst starter.




don't agree with this ranking system in the least....
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,786
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
its the 94-95 season all over again. We got a loaded roster with hungry veterans with a closing window and a QB with a monkey on his back

Oh nooooooo... does that mean we'll be manhandled when we face the Eagles... Kap will yell at Harbs for getting benched... we go on to beat erryone after that and bring home the 6th???

I'm all in!
[ Edited by LVJay on Jul 20, 2014 at 5:03 PM ]
Originally posted by LVJay:
Oh nooooooo... does that mean we'll be manhandled when we face the Eagles... Kap will yell at Harbs for getting benched... we go on to beat erryone after that and bring home the 6th???

I'm all in!
The 1994 Philly game.......the turning point of Steve's career.....

I've posted these stats on a couple of offensive threads but steve young after the Philly debacle, he played 14 games including playoffs. In the final 14 games of 1994, steve hit on 70% of his passes, threw for almost 3300 yards, had 35 tds and only threw 3 picks. His qb rating for that span was 124!!! I would put that 14 game span against any qb in the history of the league. Even seeing this all occur, when I ran the numbers they still shocked the hell out of me. How lucky have we been to have witness the excellence we've seen. Steve young on a mission was a sight to see.

It's just time to add another anniversary this year ('84, '89 & '94)
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jul 20, 2014 at 10:13 PM ]
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,333
Originally posted by 5280High:
Sadly those werent even the darkest times... Ken Dorsey & Cody Pickett = rock bottom

Naw man, CHRIS F*KIN WEINKE was rock bottom
  • Phil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,720
Don't think Vance will be below average.
Originally posted by CWin4949:
don't agree with this ranking system in the least....

Me neither. Eric Reid is average.....? He made the pro-bowl as a rookie. Since when is that average?

That's just one of a few I don't agree with.