LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

The most NFL memorable play - The Catch or the Immaculate reception

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
has to be the catch. No controversy like there is with the immaculate reception. Plus, it was against the raiders. who doesn't shame them?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Was the Seahawks greatest play from 2013?

I keep thinking about the 2012 "Hail Mary No Catch Touch Down" play. The play was a joke but it did lead to some reform in terms of officiating.
There were some interesting choices. Minnesota's play was "Anderson's miss" (Atlanta's play was Andersen's OT game winner from the same game).
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
There were some interesting choices. Minnesota's play was "Anderson's miss" (Atlanta's play was Andersen's OT game winner from the same game).

I didn't realize negative plays were included. If that's the case, Seattle's play should have been the "We want the ball, and we're gonna score" Hasselbeck pick 6. Easily the "greatest" moment in franchise history.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
I think the controversy surrounding the Immaculate reception may be why some neutral parties will vote it the most memorable play. Hell they even have a Football Life episode dedicated to it. Personally I would vote for The Catch obviously.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
If you ask a Steeler fan, he would answer the immaculate reception. If you ask any niner fan, they would say the catch. If you're an educated and non biased football fan, you're answer probably would be the catch because that kicked start our dynasty. While the immaculate reception was a great play, it only happened during the divisional round of the playoffs and the steelers lost the following week to the undefeated Dolphins. The Steelers didnt jump start their dynasty until two year later.
That and the immaculate reception did not succeed because of planning, great execution, and athleticism. It was nothing but an extremely lucky bounce.
Share 49ersWebzone