LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Met Coach Solari yesterday.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So I haven't posted for years (getting married and starting a family will shift how much free time you have), but I had this experience and had to share with my fellow zoners,cuz after all, we ARE family...

My Family and I were going to my uncle's house in Daly City for a pre-wedding party for my cousin last night. They live on a very densley populated street with horrible parking. I found a spot in front of a home a few houses down from my uncles and an elderly woman was standing in the drive way and a middle aged man was spraying weeds on her driveway and sidewalk. I asked him if I could park in front of their home and was told me it was ok. Thought to myself that he had looked familiar but couldn't pinpoint right away.

My wife and I started unloading our children and the women proceeded to complement my 2 1/2 year old son. She then proudly stated, "My son is the offensive line coach for the 49ers" lol It was cute that she was still so proud of her boy. At that moment it clicked, and I was like "Oh wow. Hey Coach Solari!" Went and shook his hand and chatted a bit. Told him how die hard I was and congratulated him on the past 3 seasons. He thanked me. Asked him how it was working for coach Harbaugh and he said "Absolutely amazing!" Then he started telling me how "They just had the rookies today and it was a short day so he decided to come visit his mom" He had shorts and a polo that had Niner logo's on them so it looked like eh came straight over. Respect him for that, because I always took care of my mom before she passed.

I held my boy and he gave him a high 5. I then said "Man hopefully we can get Boone back soon" and he was like "Oh he'll be there! Trust me"

Didn't wanna ask for a pic because we were in a rush to get to my families house. Anyway he was a real cool guy to chat it up with me like that... As I departed and said bye, I said "This is our year, Go Niners!" he replied with "Yes it is!" take care bud."

Random but cool experience.
[ Edited by zozell on Jul 19, 2014 at 10:44 AM ]
That's awesome. I've always liked coach solari. It's also nice that he feels like the Boone situation is gonna get resolved.
Pic or video or it didn't happen. Kidding. That's a cool happenstance! AND even better news about Boone!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Pic or video or it didn't happen. Kidding. That's a cool happenstance! AND even better news about Boone!

I think Solari is an underrated O-line coach. Coached under one of the best in Bob M. Interesting how he's moved from a mobile WCO linemen under coach M to more of a Coryell power run O-linemen under G-ro. I think Boone for Chilo - he did an awesome coaching job there.
Solari seems like a solid dude. One of the few holdovers from Singletary's staff . . . just him and Rathman I think. Anyway, good to hear his comment on Boone.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Solari seems like a solid dude. One of the few holdovers from Singletary's staff . . . just him and Rathman I think. Anyway, good to hear his comment on Boone.
Him rathman tomsula. Awesome story bro
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Him rathman tomsula. Awesome story bro

duh . . . and Tomsula
Awesome story man.
Thanks Guys... Yea, Rathman Tomsula and Solari were retained because they're very good coaches...

I always liked Solari for how he handled the line, but after meeting him, he seemed like a really down to earth stand up dude that was willing to just talk about things and not give me the canned cliche answers they give to media.
Very cool story bro. Thanks for sharing. Seems like a cool guy.

Interesting what he said about Boone. Hopefully he is right.

• LVJay
  • Veteran

Boone
Thanks for sharing.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Not like if you had taken a pic anybody would have known who he was
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Awesome story man.

This
Always cool to me those people and see just how common they are even though they hold uncommon positions of stature. Had experiences like that with HOF coach Bud Grant and country music artist Trace Adkins. Most people like that are still just common folk like they were before they became famous. The irony is that I talked football with Trace but not Bud. Talked hunting with Bud. These are definitely experiences we don't forget that is for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone