There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

willis and bowman rated 2 and 3

Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Put it this way. If Kuechly was on the Niners he wouldn't start. End of conversation.

Thank you,

I've read some good points on this whole thing.

But seriously?

Putting Kuechly over Willis Or Bowman is ridiculous.

and even if I had to pick between Bow and Willis, I'd take Willis hands down!!!!

Just because Willis doesn't play the Mike position as much anymore, but he will be this year. But just because he doesn't, doesn't mean he lost a step.

Teams plan to cover Willis and leaving Bowman open, same goes to cover Bow and leaving Willis open, it's hard to plan against these guys, Best thing his, if one nots there, we got the other.

We have the best ILB's in the NFL.

Kuechly would be 3rd, no question.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Put it this way. If Kuechly was on the Niners he wouldn't start. End of conversation.

Thank you,

I've read some good points on this whole thing.

But seriously?

Putting Kuechly over Willis Or Bowman is ridiculous.

and even if I had to pick between Bow and Willis, I'd take Willis hands down!!!!

Just because Willis doesn't play the Mike position as much anymore, but he will be this year. But just because he doesn't, doesn't mean he lost a step.

Teams plan to cover Willis and leaving Bowman open, same goes to cover Bow and leaving Willis open, it's hard to plan against these guys, Best thing his, if one nots there, we got the other.

We have the best ILB's in the NFL.

Kuechly would be 3rd, no question.

Exactly! Plus What makes our guys so special is they can both play the Mike and TED. Kuechly is too small.
[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Jul 23, 2014 at 7:30 AM ]
Exactly! Plus What makes our guys so special is they can both play the Mike and TED. Kuechly is too small.

FWIW, Ted was what they called the position in the Manusky scheme. With Fangio, it's called Jack. I can't really spot a schematic difference between the two, though. It's still strong side inside LB, but I think Jack has more TE-coverage responsibility, while Ted used to zone drop more frequently (back when it was TKO Spikes).
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Arguing number one versus two or three when your rating 30+ players is kind of absurd, but let me play devil's advocate for a sec. I see it;

1. Bowman

2. Luke

3. Kiko

4. Willis

Simply because I think all three are better in coverage than Willis. Sure Pat is a better tackler and pass rusher, but with the game being so spread out, I would rather have the better coverage guy than the better pass rusher.

bowman is actually better at pass rushing. willis is better in coverage, that's why he's always chasing TE
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

FWIW, Ted was what they called the position in the Manusky scheme. With Fangio, it's called Jack. I can't really spot a schematic difference between the two, though. It's still strong side inside LB, but I think Jack has more TE-coverage responsibility, while Ted used to zone drop more frequently (back when it was TKO Spikes).

Usually the TED takes on the FB and the Olineman freeing up the Mike to make tackles. This is why Kuechly is too small and why a good NT is so important.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Usually the TED takes on the FB and the Olineman freeing up the Mike to make tackles. This is why Kuechly is too small and why a good NT is so important.
Can't really say that about Luke. Folks thought Bowman was too small
I think that's Aaron Lynch trying to stay close to Bowman and Willis - good move.

Originally posted by kujon11:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Arguing number one versus two or three when your rating 30+ players is kind of absurd, but let me play devil's advocate for a sec. I see it;

1. Bowman

2. Luke

3. Kiko

4. Willis

Simply because I think all three are better in coverage than Willis. Sure Pat is a better tackler and pass rusher, but with the game being so spread out, I would rather have the better coverage guy than the better pass rusher.

bowman is actually better at pass rushing. willis is better in coverage, that's why he's always chasing TE

Disappointing to see a 49er fan put Willis 4th to the 2 above him.

I saw your ranks, but didn't read what you said.

Willis 1. ALWAY!