There are 200 users in the forums

willis and bowman rated 2 and 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by LVJay:
1a and 1b FTW........

Willis will remind the planet and school that ass!

better savor every second of it while we got it........

church. Willis and Bow... Having this argument is a blessing. Cheers to both those guys.
I would take Bowman or Willis over him 10 times out of 10.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 91til:
1a and 1b FTW........

church. Willis and Bow... Having this argument is a blessing. Cheers to both those guys.

I really hope Bowman comes back as strong prior to injury or stronger... and Bow/Willis/Smith/Brooks stay together for at least 3 more years to (arguably) go down history as best linebacker corps ever played together.
[ Edited by LVJay on Jul 19, 2014 at 7:34 PM ]
Kuechly is overrated. I'm not saying that he isn't a great player but he isn't as good as Bowman or Willis for that matter. People need to remember that Kuechly and Alonzo both play in a 4-3 defense while Bow and Willis play different positions within the same defense that ask them to do different things. Willis was no slouch in coverage when asked to do it.
im gonna have to watch last years match ups, especially the playoffs, to see if this guy had as big of an impact as our two work horses in the middle.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he's white, of course they're gonna hype him up more. Bowman is the top LB in the league.
As much as I love Willis, I feel like he is losing a step. I would put a healthy Bowman 1, Kuechly 2, and Willis 3.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
As much as I love Willis, I feel like he is losing a step. I would put a healthy Bowman 1, Kuechly 2, and Willis 3.

I think you have to see Kuechly and Bowman play the Ted at a similar level as Willis before you can make a comparison. We've already witnessed Willis play exceptionally well at Mike early in his career. IMO Bowman and Kuechly have better instincts in pass coverage but Willis is more physical with better straight line speed.
When teams start planning against Luke.. Then I will rank him
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
When teams start planning against Luke.. Then I will rank him

when Luke figures out how to use the force, then I will start ranking him....

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's white, of course they're gonna hype him up more. Bowman is the top LB in the league.

Stats-wise, sure. But taking responsibilities into account, Willis is the man
Fighting off the OL to make a play
Willis
Kuechly
Bowman

With space
Bowman
Kuechly
Willis

Running down a play/ chasing from behind
Willis
Bowman
Kuechly
People forget about willis. Before we were loaded 52 was dominating, he played Bowmans position which in our system is a little bit more free to attack all the time, this year patrick will have a monster season if he can stay healthy cause he is going back to that pos.
Originally posted by 91til:
1a and 1b FTW........

Agreed i see em as 1a 1b sooo badass to have argueably the 2 best middle lbers on the same team
Put it this way. If Kuechly was on the Niners he wouldn't start. End of conversation.
Share 49ersWebzone