LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

willis and bowman rated 2 and 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Dumb argument... Like saying Urlacker was better than Lewis...

Who cares? All three guys are exceptional. The numerical rankings are dumb, especially while trying to compare different defenses (3-4 vs 4-3). The tiered method is better and all three are on the highest tier.

Agree big time.

It's all about winning to me.

We beat Kuechly's team and we'll beat them again.
I love bowman and willis and im glad as a 49er fan I really dont have to pick one or the other but, while I think bowman is an absolute beast, willis is still my guy and will always be. He was a monster without bowman and has been solid since he came into the league
I don't understand why 49er fans can think that Bowman is better than Willis. Willis's stats at Mike were as good as/better than Bowman's. When Bowman was elevated to a starteing position, Willis got bumped over to Jack, because Bowman couldn't dominate free-running OL like Willis can (how many times have we seen him use a guard to tackle the RB?). The fact that Willis produces like he does while taking on guards and shadowing TEs is crazy. He has much more physical battling to do to get to the ball on every play, and he still gets it done, even playing hurt. Dude is a freak, and he's still best player in this team, IMO. I love Bowman, but Bowman's position is designed to get more tackles, ints, and sacks, because it allows him to play more in space. Just watch, Willis will have crazy stats this season, since they had to switch him back to MIKE with Bowman out.
Kuechly is overrated, a ghost on the field when they played us. Willis is still number 1, plays the run better than Bowman which is their main purpose.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I don't understand why 49er fans can think that Bowman is better than Willis. Willis's stats at Mike were as good as/better than Bowman's. When Bowman was elevated to a starteing position, Willis got bumped over to Jack, because Bowman couldn't dominate free-running OL like Willis can (how many times have we seen him use a guard to tackle the RB?). The fact that Willis produces like he does while taking on guards and shadowing TEs is crazy. He has much more physical battling to do to get to the ball on every play, and he still gets it done, even playing hurt. Dude is a freak, and he's still best player in this team, IMO. I love Bowman, but Bowman's position is designed to get more tackles, ints, and sacks, because it allows him to play more in space. Just watch, Willis will have crazy stats this season, since they had to switch him back to MIKE with Bowman out.

Exactly. I've seen pulling guards punk Bowman, Willis never gets manhandled, dudes a monster. Plays Ted and Mike positions both on an all pro level, which allows Bowman to shine in his more natural position.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Jul 19, 2014 at 1:22 PM ]
Kuechly is far from overrated. He is an absolute monster. That said, Willis is the best. Bowman is phenomenal too.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Exactly. I've seen pulling guards punk Bowman, Willis never gets manhandled, dudes a monster. Plays Ted and Mike positions both on an all pro level, which allows Bowman to shine in his more natural position.

Keuchly is the Great White Hope. A lot of Panthers fans will tell you that Thomas Davis is just as good.

Keuchly is a young, white, charming middle linebacker who makes a lot of tackles on a great defense. The NFL loves its white linebackers. Patrick Willis and Bow are much better than dude.
"Redefining the position"?? Gtfoh wit all the superlatives.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Keuchly is the Great White Hope. A lot of Panthers fans will tell you that Thomas Davis is just as good.

Keuchly is a young, white, charming middle linebacker who makes a lot of tackles on a great defense. The NFL loves its white linebackers. Patrick Willis and Bow are much better than dude.

PFF's Top 10 ILB Grades, among players who played majority of team snaps:

Bowman is the top graded player, and miles ahead of Kuechly. He was the best ILB in the game last year, and should have been DPOY.

Willis comes in 3rd, and keep in mind his grade suffers because he missed a couple games. otherwise he would have been higher, possibly even 1st.

Kuechly is a very good player, but gets too much credit for Carolina's collective improvement as a team. He was a part of it, but not the sole reason. Their improvement had more to do with change in offensive philosophy, and revamping the D-Line/Secondary.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
PFF's Top 10 ILB Grades, among players who played majority of team snaps:

Bowman is the top graded player, and miles ahead of Kuechly. He was the best ILB in the game last year, and should have been DPOY.

Willis comes in 3rd, and keep in mind his grade suffers because he missed a couple games. otherwise he would have been higher, possibly even 1st.

Kuechly is a very good player, but gets too much credit for Carolina's collective improvement as a team. He was a part of it, but not the sole reason. Their improvement had more to do with change in offensive philosophy, and revamping the D-Line/Secondary.

Oh stats!!
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
Meh, Kuechly is a really good player, but the dude gets way more credit than he should.

This. The great white hype. Same as Sean Lee iswas.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
1a and 1b FTW........

Willis will remind the planet and school that ass!
Originally posted by LVJay:
1a and 1b FTW........

Willis will remind the planet and school that ass!

better savor every second of it while we got it........
Share 49ersWebzone