There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

6 WRs to be kept

Something people should remember, difference between Lloyd and Osgood aren't just WR/ST, it's also money.

Once Week 1 hits and if either is on the 53 man roster, their salary is guaranteed for the season, but Lloyd has a higher cap number, $1.05M, where Osgood is cheapp at $570K because of veteran minimum salary benefit program. That may become a factor, since we may be tight against the cap if we keep all the higher priced bubble players. Remember only the Top 51 salaries count in offseason/pre-season, where as the 53 man, IR, PUP, NFI, and P-Squad all count in season.
^^^ Another great point AB!
Originally posted by NCommand:

Thanks buddy.

I will go through and make a list of players who's contracts will become guaranteed once season starts if on 53 man roster week 1. Bowman won't cause he will start on PUP, but he would result in more dead money anyway, and I don't know why I'm even mentioning him since he won't be cut, lol dumb dumb me.
I hope Stevie Johnson is a difference maker like I said before but lay off the plant he's not better than Crabtree. Don't use stats either please until 2012 when Alex hit the bench and we got a QB with an arm Crab was held down. Crabtree is way better than Johnson!
Not only Brandon Lloyd will make the team, he'll catch for over 1,000 yards
And for the guy who thinks Baldwin has a shot your right he does. As soon as he makes football his number one priority and gets a new heart he may have a chance. Guy has got good hands big and fast but something is just missing.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Not only Brandon Lloyd will make the team, he'll catch for over 1,000 yards

Not only will you do drugs, you'll do all of them
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Thanks buddy.

I will go through and make a list of players who's contracts will become guaranteed once season starts if on 53 man roster week 1. Bowman won't cause he will start on PUP, but he would result in more dead money anyway, and I don't know why I'm even mentioning him since he won't be cut, lol dumb dumb me.

This would be soooo helpful in our 53 projections too. Thank you in advance!
I can't imagine a player who could not make a roster last season could make our roster this season at any position.
z4life, the thing so far that Baldwin is lacking is passes. Hey if he is good , bad or indifferent, we should know. Coach should know. But when you don't give a guy some passes in games when we get way up, how the heck do you really know? LMJ is another on backfield passes. How the heck does Coach know, when these guys haven't really gotten a fair shot? And it isn't like we were overloaded with WRs or backs out of the backfield this yr. For my money, Coach has to take this step...learn what his guys have...before he moves on up the ladder of great coaches. Playcalls, esp in close are another step he has to make.

As for Baldwin, give him a shot, and see if he fits. If not, ok. NOt knowing? Not so good.
I agree!! Hey the coaches know a hell of a lot more than I they have these guys in meetings and practices but it would be nice to see them spread the ball around in games that are out of reach or maybe early on. I know our lineman aren't the best at running screens but maybe we could try a few to LaMichael if he's still on the roster.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Thanks buddy.

This would be soooo helpful in our 53 projections too. Thank you in advance!

The following players contracts will vest come week 1 if they make the 53-man roster for opening day.

I'm gooing from highest to lowest.

ILB Patrick Willis - $5.285M

TE Vernon Davis - $4.7M

OLB Ahmad Brooks - $4.25M

WR Stevie Johnson - $3.65M

DE Ray McDonald - $3.5M

WR Michael Crabtree - $3.5M

RB Frank Gore - $3.3M

DE Justin Smith - $3.15M($2M of it is already guaranateed)

LGMike Iupati -$2,970,500

LT Joe Staley - $2.7M

NT Glenn Dorsey - $2.3M

RG Alex Boone - $2M

P Andy Lee - $1.9M

RT Anthony Davis - $1,845,600

OLB Dan Skuta - $1.3M

SS Antoine Bethea - $1.25M

SS C.J. Spillman - $1.225M

PK Phil Dawson - $1M

OG Adam Snyder - $1M

WR Anquan Boldin - $955K

WR Brandon Lloyd - $955K

SS Bubba Ventrone - $855K

FS Craig Dahl - $825K

WR David Reed - $730K

WR Kassim Osgood - $570K

CB Chris Cook - $570K

QB Josh Johnson -$570K

ILB Blake Costanzo - $570K

Players who's deals are already guaranteed.

OLB Aldon Smith - $2,336,454(Rookie 1st rd pick guarantee)

QB Blaine Gabbert - $2,011,587(Rookie 1st rd pick guarantee)

FS Eric Reid - $790,489(Rookie 1st rd pick guarantee)

ILB NaVorro Bowman - $730K (Guaranteed when he restructured)

QB Colin Kaepernick - $645K(Guaranteed when he signed his extension)

DE Tank Carradine - $579,895(2nd rd pick from 2013 with first 2 years guaranteed)

TE Vance McDonald - $518,599(2nd rd pick from 2013 with first 2 years guaranteed)

RB Carlos Hyde - $420K(2nd rd pick with 1st 2 seasons guaranteed)

SS Jimmie Ward - $420K(1st rd pick guarantee, 1st 3 seasons)
^ nice! Thanks
The difference between Lloyd and Osgood doesn't seem that large a margin. Salary shouldn't be a factor in determining who wins the roster spot. Unless I don't know of some other salary considerations. The best scenario I can think of is Morris gets better at gunner, making Osgood expendable. He and Spillman can hold down the two punt coverage gunner spots while also serving as secondary depth. This allows 1 extra roster spot (no Osgood) for a deep position they don't want to expose to the waiver wire.
  • Phil
Originally posted by LVJay:
Lloyd got the freshest legs out of all of them, he didn't forget how to run routes or forget how to catch. He may have lost a step from his early days, but I highly doubt he lost a step from his play of 2012.

He might not play for us this season because of numbers, plus Patton/Ellington could be all we need to go with Boldin, Crab and SJ. Nonetheless, he'll be playing in 2014. The minute we let him go, a (WR hungry) team will scoop him up with the quickness, that will happen faster than Michael Sam, Aaron Rodgers and Chris Bosh hooking up on the down low... believe me, that won't take long!!

lol....Ya, like to the Rams, where they really need a WR AND a nice overview of our offensive schemes. if we cut Lloyd and the Rams pick him up that's teh worst case scenario. Or Seattle but I don't see that happening. He'd end up on the Rams, KC or Carolina. Maybe even New England. I really want him on the team this season, especially if we do more 3-4 WR sets.