There are 255 users in the forums

training camp rookie you most look forward to hearing good things about: who and why.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Who: Ward

Why: Because he's our 1st rd pick and is expected to perform this season and because I think he'll be a ballhawk for us and do for us what Thomas does for the Cawks

This
Bruce Ellington. To me, he is the one that adds something we don't already have. He can be a potential homerun threat and can potentially change how defenses play us. All the others are upgrades and potential replacements. Bruce Ellington is the one guy that brings a new dimension to this team.
Who: Borland

Why? The Niners need a ILB to step up and start. Seeing a person who is not as athletic, has short arms, but great football instincts perform, would be awesome. It would give lots of folks hope that if you can diganose a play, react quickly, the 40 time is not as critical.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
Who: Borland

Why? The Niners need a ILB to step up and start. Seeing a person who is not as athletic, has short arms, but great football instincts perform, would be awesome. It would give lots of folks hope that if you can diganose a play, react quickly, the 40 time is not as critical.

guys with superior instincts don't fail. he's more than fast enough. the only bad thing is that his arms will hurt him once in a while.
Tank Carradine, because I think he is a sleeping giant. Good news from him would help us in so many ways for so long.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Tank Carradine, because I think he is a sleeping giant. Good news from him would help us in so many ways for so long.

personally, i have my doubts. i think he'd be better off losing some weight and playing 4-3 end.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:

personally, i have my doubts. i think he'd be better off losing some weight and playing 4-3 end.

Do you think that we should trade him and find someone else to replace Justin Smith?

Holy crapola.

What is there to doubt about Tank Carradine? I think he is a more impressive physical specimen than Lawrence Okoye; well, at least for playing football.
all of the above
because
Tank because:

A). He's still a rookie

B). Justin had surgery and the clock is ticking. We'll need Tank to start rolling over the enemy soon.

It will keep Justin and Ray Mac more fresh for the playoffs

Holy crapola.

What is there to doubt about Tank Carradine? I think he is a more impressive physical specimen than Lawrence Okoye; well, at least for playing football.

it is funny how people slob on okoye's knob but have huge doubts about tank. gimme the guy who actually played football and got drafted rather highly.
Tank! With a name like that, he's got to be a Superstar. Honorable mention to Hyde, really think we need short yardage back and someone to produce against Seattle. Although maybe Lattimore is that guy. Ward, come on, we already know he's gonna be a player.
Tank, Ward, Hyde, Ellington, Lattimore and Martin... I want to see them all have great camps!
I look forward to seeing CB Dontae Johnson on the field to see if he can transition his game to the pros as he has all the physical requirements already!
For me, excitement all around. I heard lattimore is being held out for medical reasons, but don't know if that is true or not...I hope not. But for the #1 guy, I have to go with ward, even tho he is our #1 pick. If he plays up to the level of our last #1 pick, Reid, then I will be ecstatic. He has all the makings...now let's see what he has.

From an interest standpoint, agree with Tohara that Dontae will be fascinating to watch. If he can play, and I mean really play, what a pick that will have been.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jul 19, 2014 at 9:07 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone