There are 276 users in the forums

How long will Alex Boone's holdout last?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How long will Alex Boone's holdout last?

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Who? Oh that guy, wasn't he an un-drafted free agent? Haven't we been stockpiling O-line talent? He had better get his ass correct, or he will be unemployed....in GREENLAND! (traded to Jacksonville)

We should actually just get Fezzik to take his place at OG...
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Who? Oh that guy, wasn't he an un-drafted free agent? Haven't we been stockpiling O-line talent? He had better get his ass correct, or he will be unemployed....in GREENLAND! (traded to Jacksonville)

We should actually just get Fezzik to take his place at OG...

Harbs: No more rhyming . . I mean it!!

OG: Would anybody like a peanut?!

Harbs: Aaauughhh!
Originally posted by fryet:
What does seem strange to me is that Boone is choosing to push now. You would think that if he waited 1 more year, he would be in line to get a new contract from the 49ers. For those that they want to keep, they extend them before their contract is up. My guess is that he will report to camp on time to avoid the 30k per day penalty. Holding out in TC would probably hurt his case more than it would help.

I actually think he is pushing now so the team won't have the luxury of choosing between him and Iupati. If he forces the issue now and gets his extension then Iupati is the likely odd man out. However if he plays the game wrong and loses then he spells his own demise as a 49er. It's a dangerous game to play, I suppose he is banking on himself a bit believing he will be successful regardless of the outcome.

If he were smart he would force a sign me or trade me scenario. That would be a win/win for Boone, cept that while Boones is playing that game, Baalke is playing the let him sit till he loses too much money to stay away game.

Really any way you slice it Boone loses.

Fines are 30k a day which is about 900k a month. If I am not mistaken Boon is scheduled to make 950k this year. If he holds out say 3 months would he then owe the 49ers 1.75ish million upon return?
[ Edited by WINiner on Jul 20, 2014 at 8:36 AM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by fryet:
What does seem strange to me is that Boone is choosing to push now. You would think that if he waited 1 more year, he would be in line to get a new contract from the 49ers. For those that they want to keep, they extend them before their contract is up. My guess is that he will report to camp on time to avoid the 30k per day penalty. Holding out in TC would probably hurt his case more than it would help.

I actually think he is pushing now so the team won't have the luxury of choosing between him and Iupati. If he forces the issue now and gets his extension then Iupati is the likely odd man out. However if he plays the game wrong and loses then he spells his own demise as a 49er. It's a dangerous game to play, I suppose he is banking on himself a bit believing he will be successful regardless of the outcome.

If he were smart he would force a sign me or trade me scenario. That would be a win/win for Boone, cept that while Boones is playing that game, Baalke is playing the let him sit till he loses too much money to stay away game.

Fines are 30k a day which is about 900k a month. If I am not mistaken Boon is scheduled to make 950k this year. If he holds out say 3 months would he then owe the 49ers 1.75m upon return?

That could very well be what's going on. I'm still wondering if the 49ers have already told Boone that he won't be up front in the contract extension queue until next off-season and to get to camp or pound salt. Assuming this is where things sit, I don't see Boone winning here without a suitable trade coming along. Between Iupati, Kilgore, the Martins, Looney and maybe even milking a little more out of Snyder I think we can still be very solid in the middle of the o-line without Boone. The front office has no reason to panic here.
Originally posted by WINiner:

Fines are 30k a day which is about 900k a month. If I am not mistaken Boon is scheduled to make 950k this year. If he holds out say 3 months would he then owe the 49ers 1.75ish million upon return?

Good Post!
Share 49ersWebzone