There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The worst that can happen is....

The worst thing that could happen is Jerry Rice waving the 12th man flag at a CenturyLink NFC Championship game
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
816, Obviously, you have played ball, somewhere, and maybe on a big stage. This is going to be one nail biting, hair pulling, miserable S.O.B. of a season. Our guys all have the capability to pull it off...but cripes, why don't they make it just a little bit harder for us. Anybody who isn't paying attn. this yr...well, they haven't been thru this stuff. But never, ever, do I recall a situation as tough as this one. If our guys go all the way, win it...it will be one of the miracle seasons no one will ever forget...in any sport.

If I were to guess, one thing Coach could do, would be to literally go out and destroy ever single team we face. Make them fear us. No nice guys, no quarter...Deguelo...just beat each and every team as badly and as thoroughly as we can. That would be a way to make our guys forget all the pressure. Just go out and maul anything that moves on the football field. I have wondered if Coach has that side to him. QBing in the bigs for 14 yrs...yeah, I think he has it in him. And that is what it is going to take. If they can play that way all thru the pre-SEA games, then SEA games will seem like breathers. It would be one heckuva turnaround and would take some kind of chutzpah to pull it off. But I can see it.

We were the #2 or #3 team in the nfl last year. You make it sound like we are cinderellas. Why? Not sure we have the size on D to maul everyone. We can win with the same formula we used last year -- good d, good special teams, phil dawson, and low turnovers.

It would be nice to score a few more td's on offense and hold it longer. we'll see if it happens.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Jul 14, 2014 at 4:38 AM ]
Why did you even post this nonsense? C'mon doc.
whats with the negativity ? lets stay positive and hope for no injuries on our way for our sixth superbowl cause thats the only way we gonna shut the seahawks fans up
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 33,093
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Why did you even post this nonsense? C'mon doc.

doc is always thinking ahead to prepare us for possibly going 1-2 to start the year which will then send most people off a cliff and demanding the return of x players like mike rumph and nate davis. then doc can say,, well I did try to warn you guys on july13th that we still have to play the game and anything can happen . also as long as roman is here, we can not get to carried away with pre season expectations in my opinion
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,932
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
816, Obviously, you have played ball, somewhere, and maybe on a big stage. This is going to be one nail biting, hair pulling, miserable S.O.B. of a season. Our guys all have the capability to pull it off...but cripes, why don't they make it just a little bit harder for us. Anybody who isn't paying attn. this yr...well, they haven't been thru this stuff. But never, ever, do I recall a situation as tough as this one. If our guys go all the way, win it...it will be one of the miracle seasons no one will ever forget...in any sport.

If I were to guess, one thing Coach could do, would be to literally go out and destroy ever single team we face. Make them fear us. No nice guys, no quarter...Deguelo...just beat each and every team as badly and as thoroughly as we can. That would be a way to make our guys forget all the pressure. Just go out and maul anything that moves on the football field. I have wondered if Coach has that side to him. QBing in the bigs for 14 yrs...yeah, I think he has it in him. And that is what it is going to take. If they can play that way all thru the pre-SEA games, then SEA games will seem like breathers. It would be one heckuva turnaround and would take some kind of chutzpah to pull it off. But I can see it.

We were the #2 or #3 team in the nfl last year. You make it sound like we are cinderellas. Why? Not sure we have the size on D to maul everyone. We can win with the same formula we used last year -- good d, good special teams, phil dawson, and low turnovers.

It would be nice to score a few more td's on offense and hold it longer. we'll see if it happens.

From a statistical point of view, and not from my heart, we are about due for a regression to the mean. Being in the NFC CG the last 3 years is an extreme outlier result and not *an average* result. From a statistical point of view *theoretically* we should hover around 8-8 this season.

Of course from my heart I think we can finally get over the hump. Both Harbaugh's have done it time and time again. I feel that our rookies from the Alex smith trade will be felt this year and be the difference maker to put us over the hump. We may have drafted near the bottom these last 3 years, but those Alex smith draft picks should keep this team young, strong, and talented.
We have possibly the deepest roster in the NFL. My expectations are relative to that. Injuries could happen, of course, and change everything. Let's hope we get through training camp unscathed -- the most dangerous time of the year for our players based on last year.
Fine points Giedi, and most of us think with our hearts about our niners. Brodie, it would be nice to just go to the season without TC for the reason mentioned, but it makes you wonder about pre-conditioning for guys prior to TC. Conditioning for many starts with OTAs and mini camps, but you wonder if a program should be put in place for preconditioning some months before. True a lot of guys do weight training, running etc, thruout the offseason, but some don't. Really, it should be mandatory and a well thought thru comprehensive program should be put in place. Maybe they have one for all I know...but TC/ PS last yr were disasters, medically speaking.

Yeah, CC , it would be rugged to play against Cowboys in a shoot out and lose 35-36. Frankly, with our young D backfield, esp newcomers, Romo could have a career day, and we may have to put up 5-6 TDs to beat them. I would much rather we be playing Cleveland or Tampa or somebody like that...it would be ugly to get out of the gates slow at 1-2, but I sure hope Coach has them all jacked up to put the hurt on the Cowboys. As you know, you never know what will happen til we get out of the gate. ON PAPER we are a lock. Man I hate to hear about locks. Seems like they are the Sports Illustrated cover jinxes. Sure odds makers have to do it, but my preference is to have them forget us and rate everyone else. Pre-season locks suck from my standpoint...especially on paper. I agree with Brodie...we do have the deepest roster in the NFL(thank you Trent). But until you snap the ball, everybody is equal. For me, early on(say first 3-4 games), I think we do as well as our D backfield does. I hope they are a sharp unit at start of season, but stuff like that takes time. Until I see them play well, I will have my fingers crossed. And then...there is always the roman factor...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,790
Originally posted by cciowa:
doc is always thinking ahead to prepare us for possibly going 1-2 to start the year which will then send most people off a cliff and demanding the return of x players like mike rumph and nate davis. then doc can say,, well I did try to warn you guys on july13th that we still have to play the game and anything can happen . also as long as roman is here, we can not get to carried away with pre season expectations in my opinion

LOL

Roman gonna Roman?
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
The worst thing that could happen is Jerry Rice waving the 12th man flag at a CenturyLink NFC Championship game

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
The worst thing that could happen is Jerry Rice waving the 12th man flag at a CenturyLink NFC Championship game

LMAO, and George Seifert handing over his lucky sweater to Pete Carroll.
Generic banners on Levi's Stadium
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 33,093
they will serve coke products and not pepsi products at the new stadium
good God why so negative
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 33,093
Originally posted by susweel:
good God why so negative

sorry, i just hate coke products