LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

The worst that can happen is....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good lord, talk about a thread of epic jinks . . . . . .

is this thread that supposed to guess at what might happen or just imagine all the worst possible things? Our d won't let us start off 0 3
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Seattle winning Super Bowl 50 in Levi's

They win 49 and then threepeat in Levi's
Didn't think this was necessary, but for those that didn't read closely, here's some hints, at the end of each subject:

---9ers start out 0-3...odds extremely remote.

---Kap...Outlook? he breaks into top 6 QBs

---Cully...will not make it into headlines this, year, ie, he has learned his lessons on the field and off.

---Aldon...doesn't have to serve anymore suspensions, and finally gets it. He reforms and makes news ONLY on the field

---Bow...I hope to see him at least by Nov.

---Crabs...won't get injured again.

---Vernon...learned his lesson

---Boone...OK, this one is a negative, a screwup on his part and this one is NOT resolved yet. Self inflicted injury.

---WRs...They could get the dropsies, BUT DON'T bet on it.

---Roman...if he doesn't get it right in EZ and Goal line, look for Coach H to take over calling plays. A Positive, not negative.

---Frank...bet on Frank once again carrying 9ers on his back thruout season

---Ward...becomes part of press D that changes D for the better.[b]

---Trent...bombs on all 12 picks...[b]DON'T bet on it

---Coach H...frenetic and hyperactive on sidelines again...a good thing.

---49ers...likelihood of winning it all? Looks good from here.

---Jed...Leaving? Ain't gonna happen

And folks thought that was negative? Did they actually read it?

/thread

I would renounce my possessions and live in the Himalayas as a Monk
Originally posted by pho_t_9er:
They do an end around to Boldin in the NFC Championship game against the sea hawks, and Boldin Makes the smart decision to throw to Vernon on a corner route for a TD. then Vernon Goes on a rant saying Richard Sherman is mediocre and how he needs to get paid.

How is that the worst that could happen? That would probably be the best thing that can happen. LOL
My biggest fear for 2014, is that the team brings the weight associated with the way each of the last 3 seasons ended and plays tight. I feel like this is Jim's biggest obstacle to overcome this season. Now the in flux of new talent should help keep the roster fresh. I have no doubt this team is gonna be extremely hungry, but I fear any more adversity and the weight of being so close the last three years could be the only thing that derails what looks like an outstanding side.

Now having said all that, they were able to navigate adversity last season and I feel like it will be the same this year, but what I mentioned above seems to be what eventually gets teams that come so close for a period of time.
God I can't wait til the Niners & the rest of the NFL smash these fools

People/things to go thermonuclear on: dick sherman, cheat carroll, frodo wilson, his ex for being a ho, paul allen for microsoft & windows 8, starbucks for their s**t ripoff of peet's coffee, amazon for their crap shipping.....basically that whole town needs to get obliterated by N Korea in the name of 'llah
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

/thread

I would renounce my possessions and live in the Himalayas as a Monk

It'd be the only whay
  • jrg
  • Veteran
This thread makes me sad

Levi's stadium collapses with the first big crowd and then it's discovered it was constructed using those copper rivets from discarded "shrank too much"-to-fit jeans.
Interesting point 816, and yes I have wondered the same. Coming so close 3 yrs running just tightens the collar...they feel like they HAVE to win. Actually much as SEA has to worry the same, I would agree that there is actually more pressure here. Kap...man, the guy has to think about it, as does Coach. As for something to worry about, I would agree, the win/choke factor has got to be in everybody's mind. Best thing to happen is to open the season, full speed ahead, and then let things fall where they may. On top of that, we go into our 3rd yr where the non elite teams have us on their calendar as an upset game. Ouch.
^^^exactly, well stated....2014 motto has to be "full speed ahead". The only thing that matters in 2014 is 2014. Nothing can been done this season to change anything that happened in '11, '12 or 2013. You have to learn from those games but not carry them with you. Like most teams, the best mind set is just going 1-0 every week.
816, Obviously, you have played ball, somewhere, and maybe on a big stage. This is going to be one nail biting, hair pulling, miserable S.O.B. of a season. Our guys all have the capability to pull it off...but cripes, why don't they make it just a little bit harder for us. Anybody who isn't paying attn. this yr...well, they haven't been thru this stuff. But never, ever, do I recall a situation as tough as this one. If our guys go all the way, win it...it will be one of the miracle seasons no one will ever forget...in any sport.

If I were to guess, one thing Coach could do, would be to literally go out and destroy ever single team we face. Make them fear us. No nice guys, no quarter...Deguelo...just beat each and every team as badly and as thoroughly as we can. That would be a way to make our guys forget all the pressure. Just go out and maul anything that moves on the football field. I have wondered if Coach has that side to him. QBing in the bigs for 14 yrs...yeah, I think he has it in him. And that is what it is going to take. If they can play that way all thru the pre-SEA games, then SEA games will seem like breathers. It would be one heckuva turnaround and would take some kind of chutzpah to pull it off. But I can see it.
I've never bashed a thread, in fact I usually support most threads because I myself have started a few bad ones and know how it feels.

This thread, while the intentions might have been good (speculation), is going to and should get locked.

[ Edited by Quest4six on Jul 13, 2014 at 9:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone