There are 184 users in the forums

Mic'd Up: WR Coach John Morton

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Thank God. Weakest link on the coaching staff not named Roman. Good riddance if true

Worse than Roman. At least Roman had moments of brilliance tho very short...Morton probably held our receivers back. Most of the young guys learned more from Moss and Boldin than this scrub.

This. If I had to choose, I'd keep Roman over Sullivan. When it comes to terrible assistants on the offensive side of the ball, Morton IMO is the worse. After that, it's a tossup between Eric Mangini and Geep Chryst, then I'd put Greg Roman in there. As much as I dislike Greg Roman, it's unfair to say he is all bad.
The possibility that he was the highest paid WR coach is laughable. Harbaugh must have been great at marketing his coaches to the niners brass.

Morton, geep.......roman
[ Edited by Allx9er on Jan 8, 2015 at 8:51 AM ]
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Veteran WR: "What do you want me to do, coach?"
JM: "Hell, I don't know...just run in a straight line really far and turn around at some point."
Rookie WR: ""What do you want me to do, coach?"
JM: "Sit your azz down on that bench and don't say another word all season!"

Seriously, is this guy gone yet?

Yes to Michigan reportedly.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
The possibility that he was the highest paid WR coach is laughable. Harbaugh must have been great at marketing his coaches to the niners brass.

Morton, geep.......roman

its remains to be seen how bad Geep was.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
new audio of WR coach mic'd up.

Link
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by linkboy:
Wow, Drevno's leaving USC, he described that as his dream job

Ya, SC guys (I am one) are a little bit concerned about this. What he did with Freshman last year was phenomenal.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Highest paid position coach in the NFL people.

Just

Wow

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/boldin-49ers-made-good-choice-hiring-tomsula

"I worked worked with Ronald Curry the last two years," Boldin said. "He's been right alongside Johnny Mo the last two years, so we have a pretty good relationship."

Translation: "I worked exclusively with Ronald Curry the last two years," Boldin said. "He's been coaching WRs while Johnny Mo was collecting the largest position coach paycheck, so we have a pretty good relationship."

I guess it pays well to be a favorite of a leader of men.
Originally posted by zonkers:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/boldin-49ers-made-good-choice-hiring-tomsula

"I worked worked with Ronald Curry the last two years," Boldin said. "He's been right alongside Johnny Mo the last two years, so we have a pretty good relationship."

Translation: "I worked exclusively with Ronald Curry the last two years," Boldin said. "He's been coaching WRs while Johnny Mo was collecting the largest position coach paycheck, so we have a pretty good relationship."

I guess it pays well to be a favorite of a leader of men.

Apparently not favored enough as Harbaugh hired former Jags OC Jedd Fisch to be passing game coordinator and WR's coach.
Is Morton a FA right now?
Share 49ersWebzone