There are 225 users in the forums

Mic'd Up: WR Coach John Morton

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wow, Drevno's leaving USC, he described that as his dream job
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DeUh:
49ers WR Coach John Morton Expected To Join Jim Harbaugh At Michigan

The Sacramento Bee reported Wednesday that current Southern Cal offensive line coach/running game coordinator Tim Drevno and San Francisco 49ers wide receivers coach John Morton are believed to be joining Harbaugh at Michigan.

Morton, meanwhile, is a Michigan native -- from Auburn Hills -- and played collegiately at Grand Rapids Community College and Western Michigan. Morton was Harbaugh's wide receivers coach at San Diego in 2005, and re-joined him with the 49ers, beginning in 2011.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/12/report_usc_ol_coach_tim_drevno.html

Good. Sorry about Drevno but maybe we can have a receivers coach who can, um, coach?
At least Harbaugh is taking some trash with him on his way out. Take Roman too and that'll offset losing Harbaugh enough for me. I'm out here in Michigan and it sucks to see everyone so happy they got him. I'm sad we lost the 5th highest win% coach in NFL history. Jed York is in a rough position, and is handling it as best as I think he could. Sometimes I wonder if it was all over him wearing jeans though. When they were talking about philosophy, were they talking about trying to move the offense toward more of a passing attack? I wonder if Harbaugh trying to adapt to York's wishes(if that's what he wanted, completely theoretical) of wanting more of a passing offense than a running offense led to the team's offensive struggles. He did a hell of a job regardless with all of the injuries and I am currently sad to see him go because I do not see a better candidate.
[ Edited by NTeply49 on Dec 31, 2014 at 3:53 PM ]
Can only improve with someone else at WR coach, IMO.
Bye.
thought it was jonnie morton this whole time
Didn't we take Ronald Johnson at this doot's recommendation?
Originally posted by DeUh:
49ers WR Coach John Morton Expected To Join Jim Harbaugh At Michigan

The Sacramento Bee reported Wednesday that current Southern Cal offensive line coach/running game coordinator Tim Drevno and San Francisco 49ers wide receivers coach John Morton are believed to be joining Harbaugh at Michigan.

Morton, meanwhile, is a Michigan native -- from Auburn Hills -- and played collegiately at Grand Rapids Community College and Western Michigan. Morton was Harbaugh's wide receivers coach at San Diego in 2005, and re-joined him with the 49ers, beginning in 2011.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/12/report_usc_ol_coach_tim_drevno.html

Thank God. Weakest link on the coaching staff not named Roman. Good riddance if true
Originally posted by thl408:
Holy crap. All this time, I thought the WR coach was this guy. Derp

http://www.nfl.com/player/johnniemorton/2502213/careerstats

Yeah, that Johnnie Morton played for USC too.
I love how Anquan Boldin completely disregards this guy in the video
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Thank God. Weakest link on the coaching staff not named Roman. Good riddance if true

Worse than Roman. At least Roman had moments of brilliance tho very short...Morton probably held our receivers back. Most of the young guys learned more from Moss and Boldin than this scrub.

You can't teach old dogs new tricks. Or 12 year veterans who are walking into the hall of fame.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Wow, Drevno's leaving USC, he described that as his dream job

Lulz

Everyone leaves usc
This guy's was bad. I think Jerry Sullivan was better for us and I hated Sullivan. It would have been interesting if Sullivan was here still though with Boldin being one of his claims to fame.
Veteran WR: "What do you want me to do, coach?"
JM: "Hell, I don't know...just run in a straight line really far and turn around at some point."
Rookie WR: ""What do you want me to do, coach?"
JM: "Sit your azz down on that bench and don't say another word all season!"
Originally posted by NCommand:
Veteran WR: "What do you want me to do, coach?"
JM: "Hell, I don't know...just run in a straight line really far and turn around at some point."
Rookie WR: ""What do you want me to do, coach?"
JM: "Sit your azz down on that bench and don't say another word all season!"

Seriously, is this guy gone yet?
Share 49ersWebzone