LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

who gets traded Kendal Hunter or LMJ

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I really do think it will come to this and its a hard one just because we have zero depth at PR,KR . they both have similar YPC and size but LMJ can't pass block and I just have the feeling he could fumble at anytime, whereas KH has one fumble as a miner.LMJ also has more potential as a pass catcher IMO but likes tho whine! I love Kendal but unless someone steps up in the return game I fear for KH.
If LMJ's Twitter account wasn't enough, his play in general and fumble in the Super Bowl should be enough.

Only redeeming plays he's had was that return against NE and the hole he walked through into the endzone against Falcons in 2012.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
LMJ gone. Hunter in his contract year will also be gone if the young bucks step it up. If Lattimmore and Hyde show they can fill the void I think Gore, Hunter and LMJ will be gone in 2015. I dont think that will happen though. I think it's more likely we'll see Hunter, Hyde and Lattimore in 2015. Who knows though? It's all guesswork at this point. Lattimore could be a total bust, Hyde could as well and we might even end up signing Hunter and Gore both to a short term contract. Who knows?
[ Edited by Phil on Jul 2, 2014 at 10:38 PM ]
Neither ....both will be Niners this season ...like it or not, LMJ will return kicks and get a few snaps here and there, hopefully Jim draws up a few plays for him to take advantage of his skill sets ...same for Hunter, McDonald and Stevie ...we need to spread the ball around and incorporate all of our weapons into the scheme of things , with this many weapons on offense, measures need to be taken so none of our playmakers rot on the bench
Neither ya bishes. LMJ is the only NFL experienced ST returner.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

By his performance that ain't sayin much...
how about VD
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

By his performance that ain't sayin much...
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
how about VD

nah ...soon as his contract squabbles are in the rear view mirror, Vernon will go back to being one of the team leaders and a consistent redzone weapon for our attack
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Neither ....both will be Niners this season ...like it or not, LMJ will return kicks and get a few snaps here and there, hopefully Jim draws up a few plays for him to take advantage of his skill sets ...same for Hunter, McDonald and Stevie ...we need to spread the ball around and incorporate all of our weapons into the scheme of things , with this many weapons on offense, measures need to be taken so none of our playmakers rot on the bench

I agree. I think they'll find a away to keep both . . . but if anybody goes it will be LMJ.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
I really do think it will come to this and its a hard one just because we have zero depth at PR,KR . they both have similar YPC and size but LMJ can't pass block and I just have the feeling he could fumble at anytime, whereas KH has one fumble as a miner.LMJ also has more potential as a pass catcher IMO but likes tho whine! I love Kendal but unless someone steps up in the return game I fear for KH.

I don't think either hold a lot as far as trade value goes. Teams could just wait until next year because Hunter will be a FA and I bet we already tried to trade LMJ during the draft and no one jumped on it. The way the game is going RB's are a dime a dozen and unless your a top 5 talent teams would rather grab something in FA or the draft.

Once we see what we have in Latt/Hyde this year, we will be able to judge if Hunter is worth a extension (hope so).

• lazy
  • Veteran
LMJ would make the most sense to trade in my opinion.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
As odd as this sounds; given the current value of RB's in the NFL, both backs are more valuable to the 49ers than any other team. Any trade for either player would reflect this situation.
Originally posted by Geeked:
As odd as this sounds; given the current value of RB's in the NFL, both backs are more valuable to the 49ers than any other team. Any trade for either player would reflect this situation.

True, however the FO may trade, One if their sure he would be cut anyway. Main cause being a strong RB roster and lack of roster spots.
Kendall Hunter right now is the second best RB on our roster until otherwise noted. He does it all. He isn't the workhorse every down but he is still a fine all around back that gets too few touches as is. I agree on LMJ as well that he is the only proven punt returner right now and we don't want KW the second now do we?
neither. one will get cut because we'll keep 3 fullbacks and 2 kickers
Share 49ersWebzone