There are 188 users in the forums

past present future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We have a lot to look forward to. Look at the changes we've made to this team over the past couple of season. To me it looks like we've improved in just about every area, not to mention gotten younger as well.

QB
Past Smith 30
Present Kaepernick 26
Future Kaep

Kaep has been to 2 nfc championships and 1 superbowl to alex smith's 1 nfc champ appearance. Gabbert also has more potential than McCoy and Gabbert is 24.

RB
Past Gore 31 Dixon 27 Hunter 25 James 24

Present Gore latt Hyde (both 22) and hunter/james

Future same minus Gore.

Gore has been special for us. It will suck to see him go but we have 2 backs that were considered the top in their class to replace him in Hyde and Lattimore.

FB
Past Norris 36
Present Miller 26
Future Miller/Millard 22

WR
Past Crabs 26 Manningham 28 Jenkins/Williams trash

Present Crabs Boldin 32 Johnson 27 Patton 23 Ellington 22

Future All but crabs is a ?

The best depth I have seen from our receiving core in a long time. We have 3 starting caliber receivers and 2 pretty darn good players behind them.

TE
Past Vernon 30 Walker 29

Present Vernon Mcdonald 24

Future Hopefully Vernon is part of it

C
Past Goodwin 35
Present Kilgore 26 Martin 20
Future Martin 20

Martin was clearly the best fit at C in this draft. At 20 years old he has a lot of time to develop and should be much better than Goodwin.

G
Past Chilo Rachal 28 Adam Snyder 32

Present Iupati 27 Boone 27

Future Boone/Iupati? Thomas 23/Looney 23

T
No real big change here since Davis and Staley have been our starters for quite a while and will be for a couple more years. The depth here is a little concerning but as long as we stay healthy then we'll be fine. Obviously we've only gotten older and while staley is in his prime, Davis still can play a lot better.
Staley 29 Davis 24 Martin 24

NT
Past Isaac soap 32

Present Glen Dorsey 28 Dial 23 Williams 24

Future Williams/Dial Dorsey?

DE
Past Smith 34 Mcdonald 29

Present Smith/Mcdonald Carradine 25/TJE 24

Future Carradine TJE/MCdonald?

MLB
Same thing as the OTs. They've been here a while and aren't going anywhere. Both are in their prime and with the new addition of Borland the depth is there. As long as Bo returns to form then we're set for the next couple of years.
Willis 29 Bowman 26 Borland 23 The only change is subbing Wilhoite/Grant for Borland which is an upgrade IMO and obviously bowman's injury.

OLB
Past Brooks 30 Haralson 30 Smith 24

Present Brooks/ Aldon Lynch 21 Lemonier 22 Skuta 28

Future Aldon/Lemonier Brooks/Skuta?

CB
Past Rogers 32 Brown 29 Brock 25 Culliver 25

Present Brock/Culliver Ward 22 Johnson 22 Cook 27 Morris 23 Reaser 22/ Acker 22

Future Brock/Johnson Culliver/Reaser/Morris/Acker?

Safety
Past Dashon 29 Whitner 28 Spillman 28

Present Reid 22 Bethea 29 Spillman 28 Dahl 29 Vetrone 31

Future Reid/Ward Bethea?

Punter Lee 31

Kicker Past Akers 39
Present Dawson 39
Future ?

KR/PR Past Ted Ginn 29
Present & Future James? 24/Ellington 22

The age of all the players are current or at least I hope they are. So when the former 49ers played for our team they were obviously a year or a couple of years younger. Still for the most part you can see a trend of getting younger pretty much everywhere as well as more talented.

The way Baalke has this team set up is really encouraging. The only holes we potentially have on offense next season will be WR if we lose crabs and even if we do we're not in bad shape with everyone else. At guard if we lost both boone and Iuapti, it also wouldn't be as bad as you might initially think. We still have Thomas coming back off IR and could fill the other vacancy in FA or the draft.

On defense DE when smith retires and/or if we cut McDonald. I don't think it'll be too bad cuz Tank should be a star for us. At OLB if we decided to cut brooks which probably isn't going to happen. But if it did I think Lemonier would be the solution. We got younger and more competitive at corner IMO but I would still like to see us draft a 1st round talent next year and a kicker.

The older players on the team for the most part are all-pro caliber players. You add to that the younger all-pro caliber players, all the rookies (plus latt/tank) and you have yourself a dynasty IMO. The best years are ahead of us not behind us.
[ Edited by JimDrinkAMiller on Jun 29, 2014 at 5:52 PM ]
Kap has been to two NFC Championship games actually.

Good stuff, I will also be sad to see Gore gone, but it's almost time for him to hang it up. I want to see Hyde and Lattimore get carries.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Good stuff, I will also be sad to see Gore gone, but it's almost time for him to hang it up. I want to see Hyde and Lattimore get carries.

Agree. Love Gore, ut our offense becomes more diverse & multidimensional with him not on the field. I think we can be more of a team threat when he is not on the field so teams don't know what is coming 60-70% of the time.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

When I said superbowl appearance, that 2nd NFC championship was included. Thanks for catching that, I fixed it. I hope it's a little easier to read too, it didn't come out right the 1st time.

Yeah I don't know how much gore has left in him. Lattimore and Hyde will bruise some defenses.
Thanks for the post. With this roster if Kap progresses (as I'm sure he will) we can have multiple shots at the SB in the next 5 years.
Very good post, Thanks!
Love it
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Thanks for the post. With this roster if Kap progresses (as I'm sure he will) we can have multiple shots at the SB in the next 5 years.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Very good post, Thanks!

No problem, The future is looking very promising.
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
We have a lot to look forward to. Look at the changes we've made to this team over the past couple of season. To me it looks like we've improved in just about every area, not to mention gotten younger as well.

QB
Past Smith 30
Present Kaepernick 26
Future Kaep

Kaep has been to 2 nfc championships and 1 superbowl to alex smith's 1 nfc champ appearance. Gabbert also has more potential than McCoy and Gabbert is 24.

RB

Future same minus Gore.

Gore has been special for us. It will suck to see him go but we have 2 backs that were considered the top in their class to replace him in Hyde and Lattimore.

FB
Past Norris 36
Present Miller 26
Future Miller/Millard 22

WR

The best depth I have seen from our receiving core in a long time. We have 3 starting caliber receivers and 2 pretty darn good players behind them.

TE
Past Vernon 30 Walker 29

C
Past Goodwin 35
Future Martin 20

Martin was clearly the best fit at C in this draft. At 20 years old he has a lot of time to develop and should be much better than Goodwin.

G

T
No real big change here since Davis and Staley have been our starters for quite a while and will be for a couple more years. The depth here is a little concerning but as long as we stay healthy then we'll be fine. Obviously we've only gotten older and while staley is in his prime, Davis still can play a lot better.

NT
Past Isaac soap 32

DE

MLB
Same thing as the OTs. They've been here a while and aren't going anywhere. Both are in their prime and with the new addition of Borland the depth is there. As long as Bo returns to form then we're set for the next couple of years.
Willis 29 Bowman 26 Borland 23 The only change is subbing Wilhoite/Grant for Borland which is an upgrade IMO and obviously bowman's injury.

OLB

CB

Safety

Future Reid/Ward Bethea?

Punter Lee 31

Kicker Past Akers 39
Present Dawson 39
Future ?

KR/PR Past Ted Ginn 29

The age of all the players are current or at least I hope they are. So when the former 49ers played for our team they were obviously a year or a couple of years younger. Still for the most part you can see a trend of getting younger pretty much everywhere as well as more talented.

The way Baalke has this team set up is really encouraging. The only holes we potentially have on offense next season will be WR if we lose crabs and even if we do we're not in bad shape with everyone else. At guard if we lost both boone and Iuapti, it also wouldn't be as bad as you might initially think. We still have Thomas coming back off IR and could fill the other vacancy in FA or the draft.

On defense DE when smith retires and/or if we cut McDonald. I don't think it'll be too bad cuz Tank should be a star for us. At OLB if we decided to cut brooks which probably isn't going to happen. But if it did I think Lemonier would be the solution. We got younger and more competitive at corner IMO but I would still like to see us draft a 1st round talent next year and a kicker.

The older players on the team for the most part are all-pro caliber players. You add to that the younger all-pro caliber players, all the rookies (plus latt/tank) and you have yourself a dynasty IMO. The best years are ahead of us not behind us.
You don't see Lynch as a future OLB with the team? I think his upside is great, just needs to get his head on right and focus on football.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:

QB
Past Smith 30
Present Kaepernick 26
Future Kaep

RB

Future same minus Gore.

FB
Past Norris 36
Present Miller 26
Future Miller/Millard 22

WR

TE
Past Vernon 30 Walker 29

C
Past Goodwin 35
Future Martin 20

G

T

NT
Past Isaac soap 32

DE

MLB

OLB

CB

Safety

Future Reid/Ward Bethea?

Punter Lee 31

Kicker Past Akers 39
Present Dawson 39
Future ?

KR/PR Past Ted Ginn 29

You don't see Lynch as a future OLB with the team? I think his upside is great, just needs to get his head on right and focus on football.

Who knows. I personally don't think he's going to be good but that's just my opinion. I see some potential but he has a much better chance at busting than he does booming. Busting isn't so bad, and it's better if your girl swallows. ;)

Share 49ersWebzone