LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Blaine Gabbert film analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ethan:
Majority of the coaches polled by ESPN did not rate Kaepernick in the top half of the league starters at QB. He turns 27 this year, so he isn't going to get much better. The contract he signed was hardly a gesture of faith from the team. I don't get the feeling that they think he is necessarily the long term answer. Which is probably the reason they brought in Gabbert rather than some older, cheaper, veteran backup guy like Hill, Fitzpatrick, Hasselbeck, Cassel, etc.

Did you actually read the post on NinersNation before you started trolling there or did you just willfully misrepresent the statements in the post?

Kap was ranked 14th with a 2.50 rating if there are 4 tiers and 32 starting qbs that's not the bottom half.

Where do you think Gabbert would rank since you seem to think the Niners execs have brought in Gabbrrt to take Kap's job, since they should take this list as gospel you must think they would rank Gabbert higher.

And if you're talking about the 4 of 11 stat that's not even half the coaches in the league.

After your "Kap is most likely guilty trolling" on NinersNation I'm mad I didn't spot your trolling immediately especially since you do little to hide your identity.
  • ethan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
your theory on ck is insane on many levels

1.. you really think the niners do something based upon a espn poll?
2 your statement that ck is not likely to improve is completely without basis or merit,, what makes you say that? 27, showed great improvement from his first to second year,, what the f**k does being however old he is has anything do to with improvement,,, maybe your boy gabbert is not likely to get any better ? did you ever think of that or is that appalling to you?
3 he signed an extension so he is the answer long term,, if he is not, who is? gabbert?? list the reasons why ck is not the long term and why someone else is?
4 the words romper f**king room want to leap off this keyboard but i will restrain myself
come one man, you are really really transparent here
This is make or break year for Kaepernick. He has the best talent surrounding him in the league. Has had that since he stepped into the lineup. They aren't going to sit around waiting for him, the surrounding talent won't be there forever. You either have your quarterback or you're looking for him.
  • ethan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sking20854:
Did you actually read the post on NinersNation before you started trolling there or did you just willfully misrepresent the statements in the post?

Kap was ranked 14th with a 2.50 rating if there are 4 tiers and 32 starting qbs that's not the bottom half.

Where do you think Gabbert would rank since you seem to think the Niners execs have brought in Gabbrrt to take Kap's job, since they should take this list as gospel you must think they would rank Gabbert higher.

And if you're talking about the 4 of 11 stat that's not even half the coaches in the league.

After your "Kap is most likely guilty trolling" on NinersNation I'm mad I didn't spot your trolling immediately especially since you do little to hide your identity.
Only 4 out of 11 coaches thought he belonged in the second tier, which covered about half the league's starters when you add that to the first tier. Coach opinions mean a lot more than front office opinions to me.
Only 4 out of 11 coaches thought he belonged in the second tier, which covered about half the league's starters when you add that to the first tier. Coach opinions mean a lot more than front office opinions to me.

ETA: I'm going to offer a mea culpa. You did say majority of coaches of polled in your original post. So your statement was not wrong.

It lacked the context of stating how many coaches were polled but the statement itself was not wrong. I still disagree with what you think ut means but you didn't falsely state anything.

Do I apologize for that.
[ Edited by sking20854 on Jul 2, 2014 at 12:40 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:
If you don't think Kap is the long answer, that's fine, but don't use the acquisition of Gabbert to justify that thought.

Also, since when is a SIX year deal "hardly a gesture of faith"?

It's a series of one year deals. Don't kid yourself.

I don't want to derail this thread with Kap talk so you can believe what you want. Just know that you are wrong.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Majority of the coaches polled by ESPN did not rate Kaepernick in the top half of the league starters at QB. He turns 27 this year, so he isn't going to get much better. The contract he signed was hardly a gesture of faith from the team. I don't get the feeling that they think he is necessarily the long term answer. Which is probably the reason they brought in Gabbert rather than some older, cheaper, veteran backup guy like Hill, Fitzpatrick, Hasselbeck, Cassel, etc.

This is make or break year for Kaepernick.

[ Edited by DeUh on Jul 2, 2014 at 12:40 PM ]
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
lets keep the thread on track about gabbert.
  • ethan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luv49rs:

Connection is "Why did they trade for Gabbert and his $2 million + contract rather than simply sign a veteran backup free agent for less money and no draft cost?".
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

Connection is "Why did they trade for Gabbert and his $2 million + contract rather than simply sign a veteran backup free agent for less money and no draft cost?".

keep the thread about gabbert, not kaepernick. thank you.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I am pretty sure that Gabbert will be a free agent at the end of this year.

It will interesting to see if the 40ers decided to extended his contract.

keep the thread about gabbert, not kaepernick. thank you.

Don't mess with Luv!

• ethan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
I am pretty sure that Gabbert will be a free agent at the end of this year.

It will interesting to see if the 40ers decided to extended his contract.

Yeah, he is UFA at the end of the year. I imagine he will go where he has the best chance of starting.

Not to sidetrack the gabbert topic, but I just do not get he ragging on kaepernick. As far as 4 of 11 coaches rating kaep in second tier, odds are 2-3 of those 11 coaches won't be coaching in the nfl next year at this time. The only coaches opinion I care about concerning kaep is Jim's. Kaepernick is an nfl qb that has throw for 5000 yard in 639 attempts with a 31/11 td/int ratio in his infancy in a pro style offense. The whole kaep can't throw narrative is so played out and his numbers do not back up those claims. Kaep is the niners franchise qb and they were smart doing this.

Also getting gabbert for a sixth was very smart and I believe he is a big upgrade over McCoy. Hopefully we don't see him taking anything more than mop up snaps this season.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jul 2, 2014 at 1:52 PM ]
  • ethan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninertico:
Don't mess with Luv!

"luv"? Sounds soft, like that guy Jonathan Martin. I'll rape his whole family.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninertico:
Don't mess with Luv!

"luv"? Sounds soft, like that guy Jonathan Martin. I'll rape his whole family.

You should know that the person you are talking about is a lady, a woman, as in not a man.
Share 49ersWebzone