There are 224 users in the forums

Blaine Gabbert film analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ethan:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Ban Hammer??

Don't bother, seems to be complete absence of sense of humor or proportion here.

it wasn't funny btw
Originally posted by Giedi:
I think - from reading your impressions - my takeaway from your post is the he was never properly developed. You can teach throwing on the run and stepping up into the pocket, but it looks like he was never given the time to understand and get comfortable the way Colin did - sitting on the bench. As many articles pointed out when we traded for him, he was thrown in the fire and lost his confidence. When that went, he lost his game and got traded.

This is a common scenario in the NFL. Take Alex Smith for example. He was a kicked puppy having played in multiple offenses in a short time with some poor players and didn't quite get it going until Harbaugh salvaged him. One could debate what kind of career Aaron Rogers would have had if he was the one drafted with that first pick. So much of a QB's development hinges on what they are asked to do and how soon. If they have protection, if they have weapons and an opportunity to learn, then the can develop success. If not, they become timid from having their backside handed to them and become failures. The difference between success and failure at that position in the NFL is really based on the type of opportunity that they get. Like a MLB pitcher success is often determined by confidence. Lose it they flame out, maintain or gain it and they are successful.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I think - from reading your impressions - my takeaway from your post is the he was never properly developed. You can teach throwing on the run and stepping up into the pocket, but it looks like he was never given the time to understand and get comfortable the way Colin did - sitting on the bench. As many articles pointed out when we traded for him, he was thrown in the fire and lost his confidence. When that went, he lost his game and got traded.

This is a common scenario in the NFL. Take Alex Smith for example. He was a kicked puppy having played in multiple offenses in a short time with some poor players and didn't quite get it going until Harbaugh salvaged him. One could debate what kind of career Aaron Rogers would have had if he was the one drafted with that first pick. So much of a QB's development hinges on what they are asked to do and how soon. If they have protection, if they have weapons and an opportunity to learn, then the can develop success. If not, they become timid from having their backside handed to them and become failures. The difference between success and failure at that position in the NFL is really based on the type of opportunity that they get. Like a MLB pitcher success is often determined by confidence. Lose it they flame out, maintain or gain it and they are successful.

confidence can't just be flipped on or off like a light switch either. Alex took a long time to get it back. And he was playing every regular season game too. Gabbert won't get all his confidence back after just playing parts of 4 preseason games. I'm betting it will take half a year or more. If he leaves before he's completely rebuilt his game, I'm betting he won't be any better than a Cavanaugh or Gerbac.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninertico:
Don't mess with Luv!

"luv"? Sounds soft, like that guy Jonathan Martin. I'll rape his whole family.

Ban Hammer??

Ban Hammer??

Don't bother, seems to be complete absence of sense of humor or proportion here.

Mr. Ethan

I have a serious problem when any poster uses the word "rape" in anyway that can be taken as a positive.

Rape stands as a heinous, violent, and abusive act.

As a son, a husband, a brother, and a father, I find your use of "rape" offensive.

In the real world, in that exists outside of the imagined world of the internet, you rape any member of my family, I catch you and kill you. If you are in jail, I will post your bond.

If you merely talk about raping a member of my family, I would merely castrate you.

Rape is not funny and rape is not a joking matter.

[ Edited by buck on Jul 3, 2014 at 8:24 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Mr. Ethan

I have a serious problem when any poster uses the word "rape" in anyway that can be taken as a positive.

Rape stands as a heinous, violent, and abusive act.

As a son, a husband, a brother, and a father, I find your use of "rape" offensive.

In the real world, in that exists outside of the imagined world of the internet, you rape any member of my family, I catch you and kill you. If you are in jail, I will post your bond.

If you merely talk about raping a member of my family, I would merely castrate you.

Rape is not funny and rape is not a joking matter.

Hella agree. Keep this thread in the topic at hand. Otherwise, it's time to boot folks from this place.

• Phil
  • Veteran
Worst case scenario, Kap goes down game one in Dallas. With our D, our O line, running game and TE/WR talent, even with Gabbert at QB I think we COULD make the playoffs, if everything panned out perfect and we ran the ball like savages. If Arizona nosedived. If Jim somehow eeked his completion % up while minimizing ints. Please god dont let this happen! lol
Wow, Phil, I don't think so but am like Giedi, hopeful that he will be somewhat useful a season or so away. That is why the JOSH signing was so critical. I've said it before but on a team so well stocked, it is surprising that if our QB goes down, we are in the soup...like every other team.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Wow, Phil, I don't think so but am like Giedi, hopeful that he will be somewhat useful a season or so away. That is why the JOSH signing was so critical. I've said it before but on a team so well stocked, it is surprising that if our QB goes down, we are in the soup...like every other team.

Yup! I agree. I also hope that Josh has continued to improve since his days with Cincinnati. If he has, he will be tough to beat.
Share 49ersWebzone