There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which NFL Hall of Famer do you wish had played for us?

OJ Simpson....

oh wait.....

Barry Sanders
Originally posted by frankie:
God told him to play for packers tho. i wish barry sanders played for us.

That is actually incorrect. When White first came out and said he could not choose, so asked God what to do - God told him to go to San Francisco and be a 49er. The next day, the Packers upped their offer - and White asked God "if he was sure?". Then God told he something like White had misunderstood, and he had meant to go to Green Bay - because of the coach that USED to be with the 49ers. So that's when he signed. That was such a weak and pathetic explanation/excuse. Basically the moral of the story is "How much money does it take to make Reggie White question and second guess God?". About 4 million.

Now I have no problem at all with a player going where the money is, none at all - just be honest about it. But when someone brings God into it like that, it's wrong. When a MINISTER comes out and admits he questioned God because of money - I don't even have the words for that. Honestly I boo'd that POS every chance I got for the rest of his career.

I would have wanted Rod Woodson, earlier in his career. I know he played one season for us, but it was a very down year. It was after he had lost a step at CB, and unfortunately the Ravens, not us, had the idea to put him at FS. :( A player that actually never played for us, I would pick Derrick Thomas.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
God told him to play for packers tho. i wish barry sanders played for us.

That is actually incorrect. When White first came out and said he could not choose, so asked God what to do - God told him to go to San Francisco and be a 49er. The next day, the Packers upped their offer - and White asked God "if he was sure?". Then God told he something like White had misunderstood, and he had meant to go to Green Bay - because of the coach that USED to be with the 49ers. So that's when he signed. That was such a weak and pathetic explanation/excuse. Basically the moral of the story is "How much money does it take to make Reggie White question and second guess God?". About 4 million.

Now I have no problem at all with a player going where the money is, none at all - just be honest about it. But when someone brings God into it like that, it's wrong. When a MINISTER comes out and admits he questioned God because of money - I don't even have the words for that. Honestly I boo'd that POS every chance I got for the rest of his career.

I would have wanted Rod Woodson, earlier in his career. I know he played one season for us, but it was a very down year. It was after he had lost a step at CB, and unfortunately the Ravens, not us, had the idea to put him at FS. :( A player that actually never played for us, I would pick Derrick Thomas.

True, so the story of holmgren calling saying this is god aint true? And very obvious was about the money, very much agreed
True, so the story of holmgren calling saying this is god aint true? And very obvious was about the money, very much agreed

Yeah, I think that was true. Holmgren called saying it was God, and upped the offer. That's what made White second guess.
Originally posted by RDB4216:

Yeah, I think that was true. Holmgren called saying it was God, and upped the offer. That's what made White second guess.

K this is how i remembered it also to. Imagine had reggie lined up wit bryant young, dana, and doesnt matter other lineman lol.