LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Which NFL Hall of Famer do you wish had played for us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Barry sanders because he was so fun to watch.
Randy Moss in his prime with kaepernick would have been fun too. Not sure if he counts since he played for us but he was washed up when he arrived.
Reggio white was a monster.
Lawrence Taylor would be my other big one for defense.
I'm also a big ed Reed fan so him in his prime or Merton hanks for style points.

Future hall of famers I wish played for us? Aaron Rodgers before kaep and Calvin johnson.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Barry Sanders - the human highlight reel
[ Edited by Chico on Jun 24, 2014 at 6:41 AM ]
Barry sanders
Originally posted by Chico:
Barry Sanders - the human highlight reel

This. Unquestionably. His talent on those teams would have been unstoppable in a way the NFL has never seen.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Barry also would have been the all-time rushing leader with us because he would have a better O line
and wouldn't have retired early because of the crappy Lions.
Originally posted by KID9R:
Barry also would have been the all-time rushing leader with us because he would have a better O line
and wouldn't have retired early because of the crappy Lions.

did you know he was a 9er fan, and that he wanted to be on the 9ers. Lions didn't want to give him up so he retired
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
there are quite a few I considered , so many great players ....but the big fish that got away from us was "Reggie White" ...when talk was circulating that he MIGHT sign with us, I was beyond excited and couldn't wait to see the huge impact he was going to make rushing the passer for us ...but sadly he chose the Packers, denying us a shot at seeing one of the greatest of all time in maroon & gold .. another reason why I hate the Packers so much

what about you guys?

Lawrence Taylor
Raider 70s DBs Jack Tatum , Skip Thomas, George Atkinson, Willie Brown
Not all HOfers but collectively? HOF unit!
[ Edited by 16to87 on Jun 24, 2014 at 10:23 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor

This would have been sadistic to opposing offenses....

Originally posted by LVJay:
Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor

This x 10

Also Butkus, Mean Joe Green

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This x 10

Also Butkus, Mean Joe Green

Including those killers, that would've been no fair. Teams would've cried to the commissioner / tried to start some kind of petition against us
Barry Sanders no question. Pretty sure with Barry on the team trips to the sb wouldnt have ended in 94.
Since Barry has already been said, I will go with another ok state back Thurman Thomas. Great running with outstanding hands, would have been a great fit in our WCO.
With Barry Sanders we would have won the 90's. The whole decade.
Brady instead of Rattay wouldve been huge.
Share 49ersWebzone