There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kap's black jersey- need your help

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Black 49er jersey =

They dont sell them for a reason. Were not the Cardinals.

You'll have to either but that fashion jersey with the red outlined numbers, or buy a Chinese fake.

or the falcons whom the cardinals copied

Black is a Falcons primary color though. Teams like AZ or Philly wearing black alternates just looks forced.
Black 49er jersey =

You'll have to either but that fashion jersey with the red outlined numbers, or buy a Chinese fake.

Black is a Falcons primary color though. Teams like AZ or Philly wearing black alternates just looks forced.

including the preseason the falcons wore red jerseys 12 times last season
PM the user NONAME. He is an expert at getting a hold of these hideous things. Word on the street is he has a jersey for every player on the roster, including practice squad.
If I remember correctly, I think the Falcons stopped wearing the black jersey because Arthur Blank thought it was jynxed after Vick injured his leg in preseason.

Also I think it could have been a switch made to turn the page on the Vick era after his arrest. I could be wrong though.

I've never been a fan of the alternate style jerseys. I remember the gold ones Reebok made around 2001/2002, but I've thought (as a jersey collector) that they don't look right if they weren't used by the team on the field. I wasn't a fan of the Nike 2012 style "Rice" or "Montana" jerseys for that reason.
Black 49er jersey =

including the preseason the falcons wore red jerseys 12 times last season

The Falcons wore black as their primary home jersey from 1966-1970, and then from 1990-2004. So 20 years with primary black jerseys.

The point is, black and red are the Falcons main colors, and always have been. From 1990-2002 they barely even used red.

IMO, teams that can use black jerseys are: Falcons, Ravens, Panthers, Bengals, Jaguars, Saints, Raiders, and Steelers.