LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Top 20 Players of the 80's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good article.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000360311/article/lawrence-taylor-dan-marino-among-top-20-players-of-the-1980s

Thoughts?
Rice & Montana should be 1-2 in whichever order fo shoh.
Wow NFL.com put Rice under top 5. You know they are only trying to start up something to get people to their website.
It's fair not to have Rice as top 5.

For all the accolades he gets, sometimes it's ok (even preferred) if he wasn't constantly #1 in everything.

Even Rice himself admitted it wasn't until the '88 season that he finally had a good game in the Meadowlands against the Giants.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
It's fair not to have Rice as top 5.

For all the accolades he gets, sometimes it's ok (even preferred) if he wasn't constantly #1 in everything.

Even Rice himself admitted it wasn't until the '88 season that he finally had a good game in the Meadowlands against the Giants.

Great Memories
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Since07:
Wow NFL.com put Rice under top 5. You know they are only trying to start up something to get people to their website.

The list was only for the 80s, not for his career. For his career Rice is unsurpassed.

I would have had Lott at #2, but I tend to be a homer.
List seems legit to me. I might have found a way to get rice in the top 5. His 1987 season alone in which he had 23 total td in 12 games, for me is Jerry's most dominate season. Would have liked to see what he could have done with 4 more games, hell he might have had 30 tds.
I dont have a problem with the order of the top 5 at all.Jerry didnt get drafted till the middle of the decade, so to me it knocks him down some.LT being ahead of Lott I have 0 problem with.I feel he had more of an affect on the game than Lott did, so that moves him up.LT 2a, Lott 2b.
Munoz 8 1st team all pro and 1 2nd team??Only season he wasnt all pro was his rookie season. Good lord thats dominance.
Share 49ersWebzone