There are 289 users in the forums

Greg Roman loves him some Gabbert

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Too bad we can't play the raiders 2x a year

Lol
Originally posted by ethan:
Smith had better passing numbers and nearly the same # of wins as Kaepernick last year. After taking over a last place team. Can't argue with that record.

Yeah, strength of schedule was WAY in favor of KC.
Smith had better passing numbers and nearly the same # of wins as Kaepernick last year. After taking over a last place team. Can't argue with that record.

Too bad Alex doesn't have Crabs, Boldin and VD and a real offensive line.

Waste of time.

Back on Topic. I'm glad to hear Blaine is looking good. Nothing but winning if he is able to turn his career around.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jun 21, 2014 at 6:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Waste of time.

Back on Topic. I'm glad to hear Blaine is looking good. Nothing but winning if he is able to turn his career around.

Are you Alex's wife??

You conveniently use Crabtree as a weapon last year but reports from players on the team is that he's JUST NOW looking like himself in OTAs. Not only that but he wasnt even playing for more than half the season.

You conveniently use Smiths WR and say they suck (btw i would've taken Avery in a heartbeat while Crab was gone) but smith has seldomly used receivers throughout his career so it doesnt even matter. Theyre lined up far too wide for his comfort. Hes a dump off guy and he had Charles to dump the ball off to. If you're all about the safe throw, who better to have than Charles? Bet you cant find one season where a good QB had a RB lead the team in receptions, rec yds and rec TDs. And no, last year is not an example.
Originally posted by WilliamDonovan:

Waste of time.

Are you Alex's wife??

You conveniently use Crabtree as a weapon last year but reports from players on the team is that he's JUST NOW looking like himself in OTAs. Not only that but he wasnt even playing for more than half the season.

You conveniently use Smiths WR and say they suck (btw i would've taken Avery in a heartbeat while Crab was gone) but smith has seldomly used receivers throughout his career so it doesnt even matter. Theyre lined up far too wide for his comfort. Hes a dump off guy and he had Charles to dump the ball off to. If you're all about the safe throw, who better to have than Charles? Bet you cant find one season where a good QB had a RB lead the team in receptions, rec yds and rec TDs. And no, last year is not an example.
[ Edited by 16to87 on Jun 22, 2014 at 5:44 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Andy is a good offensive coach. He knows how to put offenses together and knows the kind of player he needs for his offense to work. I think Norve would also have had success with Alex. But coaches like Fox or the Ryan brothers, I just don't think alex would have been as effective. Just my personal opinon.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Waste of time.

Personally I think Josh will beat Blaine. The way Josh performed the last time he was here - it was lights out. Blaine has to really do very well just equal the knowledge Josh already has in this system. I will personally be flabbergasted if Blaine beats Josh for the back up job.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Waste of time.

Personally I think Josh will beat Blaine. The way Josh performed the last time he was here - it was lights out. Blaine has to really do very well just equal the knowledge Josh already has in this system. I will personally be flabbergasted if Blaine beats Josh for the back up job.

Get ready to be flabbergasted, josh has been in camp the last 3 years
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jun 22, 2014 at 10:13 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Waste of time.

Blaine gets $2M guaranteed from us, so Josh would have to warrant this salary + $2M...

Doubtful.
Originally posted by WilliamDonovan:

Waste of time.

Are you Alex's wife??

Your post is so full of fail that all I can do is lol.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Blaine gets $2M guaranteed from us, so Josh would have to warrant this salary + $2M...

Doubtful.

I am excited to see Blaine work in this offense, but Josh had (I think) a 100+ quarterback rating in his last 49er outing and almost made the team. I know next to nothing about Blaine, but at minimum -- if he wants the backup job-- in my opinion he should outperform Josh. I think the 49ers are somewhere between 6 to 8 million under the cap. That is more than enough room to absorb 2 million cap hit and still have room for injury signings during the regular season.

The point I'm trying to make is that I think Josh has the advantage because he's been in the system longer and has the same mobility and just a notch less arm strength than Colin. I hope Blain does well and makes this a situation where teams would like to trade a 7th rounder for either qb. But as of right now I think Josh has the inside track as backup qb to Colin.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Waste of time.

I agree....
  • ethan
  • Veteran
I am excited to see Blaine work in this offense, but Josh had (I think) a 100+ quarterback rating in his last 49er outing and almost made the team. I know next to nothing about Blaine, but at minimum -- if he wants the backup job-- in my opinion he should outperform Josh. I think the 49ers are somewhere between 6 to 8 million under the cap. That is more than enough room to absorb 2 million cap hit and still have room for injury signings during the regular season.

The point I'm trying to make is that I think Josh has the advantage because he's been in the system longer and has the same mobility and just a notch less arm strength than Colin. I hope Blain does well and makes this a situation where teams would like to trade a 7th rounder for either qb. But as of right now I think Josh has the inside track as backup qb to Colin.

Gabbert is really underrated as an athlete because he stays in the pocket, but he won the majority of the combine tests between the three of them. Also his arm strength is at least as good, but he doesn't wind up to throw, he snaps it from behind his ear.
now gabbert threads have become alex smith threads? lol
Originally posted by crabman82:
now gabbert threads have become alex smith threads? lol
Seems like most threads go in that direction at some point............
Share 49ersWebzone