There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman loves him some Gabbert

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Looks like he's saying we don't need VD

Looks like he ate Rex Ryan.
  • ethan
That came from one anonymous source. A fired coach. I wouldn't put much credibility on that. All the media guys on the Jags said the opposite, and his teammates were quick to get his back when that came out. It was from Mike Silver who always writes gossip to get a reaction.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

look! eric mangini gaiz

Maybe VD is holding out just because he doesn't want to play for Mangini. We should trade Mangini to the Chiefs
  • ethan
Roman's nickname is "Zero"? Not sure I'd want that to get out.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by ethan:
Gabbert was in the worst situation possible with the Jags. He could develop to be a decent QB in this league. A la Alex Amith

Gabbert has better natural tools than Alex. Bigger, stronger, faster, better arm. I think Blaine even beat him on the Wonderlic.

He has the tools to be a similar player, but Alex's mental toughness and perseverance is special. 99 out of 100 QBs would have never been able to overcome such a disastrous start to a career.. We'll see what Gabbert is made of.
Jim harbaugh made Alex Smith.

He can do the same thing with Gabbert.

No. When he got booed at home it changed him. He said so himself. But harbaugh helped.

So after getting booed at home he decided to not suck? Lol ok

#datlogic
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Micd-Up-OC-Greg-Roman-at-Minicamp/c0b2ba13-d276-4cd7-8690-616058112bf2

Good watch
Roman's nickname is "Zero"? Not sure I'd want that to get out.

They called him "G-Ro" not "Zero". Coaches and players have often referred to Greg Roman as "G-Ro" over the years.
Gabbert was in the worst situation possible with the Jags. He could develop to be a decent QB in this league. A la Alex Amith

Gabbert has better natural tools than Alex. Bigger, stronger, faster, better arm. I think Blaine even beat him on the Wonderlic.

He has the tools to be a similar player, but Alex's mental toughness and perseverance is special. 99 out of 100 QBs would have never been able to overcome such a disastrous start to a career.. We'll see what Gabbert is made of.

I actually thought Norv Turner got good production out of Alex in the lone year he was with us
Gabbert is gonna be just fine. He was a true spread QB coming out of Missouri and really needed to sit for a year but like so many other QBs getting drafted by a putrid franchise and then getting thrown to the wolves with absolutely no help set him back. He has all the tools to be a really good QB an I think he will be. Blaine will only be here one season at the most 2. You can see the natural talent he has.
  • buck
  • Veteran

I do not want to start a firestorm, but I would give Alex Smith, himself, some credit in his remaking.

I am not denying the import of Harbaugh, but Alex also did well in KC with Andy Reid.

Hopefully, Gabbert shows the toughness and resilience that Alex Smith had.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:

look! eric mangini gaiz

Looks like he ate him... has anyone seen VD, lately?!
no news here him and harbs talk up just about everyone on the roster. remember when we had five #1 wr's?
  • ethan
Originally posted by goodthings19:
They called him "G-Ro" not "Zero". Coaches and players have often referred to Greg Roman as "G-Ro" over the years.

That's better.
  • ethan
Originally posted by buck:
I do not want to start a firestorm, but I would give Alex Smith, himself, some credit in his remaking.

I am not denying the import of Harbaugh, but Alex also did well in KC with Andy Reid.

Hopefully, Gabbert shows the toughness and resilience that Alex Smith had.

Maybe they're trying to build up Gabbert's confidence. Seems a bit odd that half of Roman's wired clip would be spent saying nice things about the guy. Although the other half was saying nice things about Staley.
  • ethan
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Gabbert is gonna be just fine. He was a true spread QB coming out of Missouri and really needed to sit for a year but like so many other QBs getting drafted by a putrid franchise and then getting thrown to the wolves with absolutely no help set him back. He has all the tools to be a really good QB an I think he will be. Blaine will only be here one season at the most 2. You can see the natural talent he has.

Yeah, I'm sure Gabbert sees himself as a starter, and he is only 24. Last year of his rookie deal, so he probably moves to a team looking for a starter next season. Great QB insurance for just a 6th round pick, though, and his presence probably made Kaepernick a bit more anxious to sign his contract. Gabbert was much higher rated coming out, and beat Kap soundly the only time they met in college. Plus he's a couple years younger and has more starts.