There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman loves him some Gabbert

Originally posted by defenderDX:


look! eric mangini gaiz

Looks like he's saying we don't need VD

  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,702
Originally posted by defenderDX:
sounds kinky

It does... and he probably thinks of food when he hears the name Gabbert (kinda like yogurt)


Originally posted by defenderDX:


look! eric mangini gaiz

Roman got stiff competition... better load up on more Twinkies if he wants to outweigh Mangini
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,702
But on a real note, Gabbert (since now he's got Harbs to school him) is the best back up QB we've had since AS split.
  • ethan
  • Member
  • Posts: 237
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Jim harbaugh made Alex Smith.

He can do the same thing with Gabbert.
Alex was first overall draft pick in 2005. Ahead of Aaron Rodgers. I don't think Jim "made" him, but obviously helped to rebuild his confidence after some rough years. I wouldn't say Gabbert has confidence issues, he just needed a change of scenery. Everyone in Jacksonville wanted to hang the team's problems on him because most of the other players who were there when he came are gone.
Blaine is the Sniper That Can Hit The Target.

  • ethan
  • Member
  • Posts: 237
Originally posted by LVJay:
But on a real note, Gabbert (since now he's got Harbs to school him) is the best back up QB we've had since AS split.

You need two good quarterbacks. I think about 50 different QBs made at least one start last season. Not including the backups who came in for parts of games.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,036
Originally posted by ethan:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Jim harbaugh made Alex Smith.

He can do the same thing with Gabbert.
Alex was first overall draft pick in 2005. Ahead of Aaron Rodgers. I don't think Jim "made" him, but obviously helped to rebuild his confidence after some rough years. I wouldn't say Gabbert has confidence issues, he just needed a change of scenery. Everyone in Jacksonville wanted to hang the team's problems on him because most of the other players who were there when he came are gone.

Better receivers and a strong run game won't hurt rebuilding his confidence either.
I predict this...



...and the Cully will do this:



  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,702
^^ the vids


Originally posted by ethan:
Originally posted by LVJay:
But on a real note, Gabbert (since now he's got Harbs to school him) is the best back up QB we've had since AS split.

You need two good quarterbacks. I think about 50 different QBs made at least one start last season. Not including the backups who came in for parts of games.

True. I think BG will be fine as our back up. Hopefully, he doesn't have to take over any games for any extending period of time (if you know what I mean)...
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by ethan:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Gabbert was in the worst situation possible with the Jags. He could develop to be a decent QB in this league. A la Alex Amith

Gabbert has better natural tools than Alex. Bigger, stronger, faster, better arm. I think Blaine even beat him on the Wonderlic.

He has the tools to be a similar player, but Alex's mental toughness and perseverance is special. 99 out of 100 QBs would have never been able to overcome such a disastrous start to a career.. We'll see what Gabbert is made of.
Jim harbaugh made Alex Smith.

He can do the same thing with Gabbert.

No. When he got booed at home it changed him. He said so himself. But harbaugh helped.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
He has the tools to be a similar player, but Alex's mental toughness and perseverance is special. 99 out of 100 QBs would have never been able to overcome such a disastrous start to a career.. We'll see what Gabbert is made of.

This.

Also, I think JH will give Gabbert time to develop as the 3rd QB until he's ready to be 2.

I don't think he's ready to be #2 just yet
  • ethan
  • Member
  • Posts: 237
Gabbert has most starts of any QB on the roster. Regular season at least.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
No. When he got booed at home it changed him. He said so himself. But harbaugh helped.

There is absolutely NO WAY I boo my own starting QB unless he has shown himself to give less than his best ala Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell. Alex worked way too hard and was much too selfless to deserve the booing he got. If anything boo Nolan or Sing
Kaepernick, Newton, Gabert, Dalton.
Originally posted by ethan:
Gabbert has better natural tools than Alex. Bigger, stronger, faster, better arm. I think Blaine even beat him on the Wonderlic.

Yeah but by all accounts he doesn't have Alex's personality or leadership. In Jacksonville his nickname was Blame Gabbert and he's often been described as pretty douchy and unable to take responsibility for his own mistakes.