LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Greg Roman loves him some Gabbert

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ethan:
Right, I'm the only one "interested in comparing the two". Every second comment has been "Oh God, we're doomed if Gabbert (or another backup) has to come into the game". How is that not "comparing the two". Once Gabbert is comfortable in the system he can run the team just as well. There would be some changes due to style differences, but the overall results would be the same. Just as they were going from Alex Smith to Kaepernick.

If Gabbert can go 4-2 playoffs 3-1 road I'm sold!
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
you seem to be the only one interested in comparing the two. if you can not see that ck is light years of gabbbert now, for whatever reason,, well i just do not know

Right, I'm the only one "interested in comparing the two". Every second comment has been "Oh God, we're doomed if Gabbert (or another backup) has to come into the game". How is that not "comparing the two". Once Gabbert is comfortable in the system he can run the team just as well. There would be some changes due to style differences, but the overall results would be the same. Just as they were going from Alex Smith to Kaepernick.

Until we see him in an actual game it's ridiculous to pretend you know he can run the offense just as well as Kaepernick. Maybe he can, but there's currently no evidence suggesting that's the case. You're getting blowback because just about every one of your posts is making a rigid statement with no solid evidence to back it up. Gabbert has been terrible in the NFL so far. Whether that has to do with the team and coaching staff surrounding him, or whether he's like 75% of other first round quarterbacks who flame out, we won't know for a while. But you know it's the former because of...his pre-NFL stats and measurements.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I want him to succeed, but until he proves that he can, I won't be expecting much from him.
einhorn=finkle...

ETHAN=GABBERT

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by cciowa:
you seem to be the only one interested in comparing the two. if you can not see that ck is light years of gabbbert now, for whatever reason,, well i just do not know

Until we see him in an actual game it's ridiculous to pretend you know he can run the offense just as well as Kaepernick. Maybe he can, but there's currently no evidence suggesting that's the case. You're getting blowback because just about every one of your posts is making a rigid statement with no solid evidence to back it up. Gabbert has been terrible in the NFL so far. Whether that has to do with the team and coaching staff surrounding him, or whether he's like 75% of other first round quarterbacks who flame out, we won't know for a while. But you know it's the former because of...his pre-NFL stats and measurements.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I want him to succeed, but until he proves that he can, I won't be expecting much from him.

Agree!
  • ethan
  • Veteran
Getting Gabbert for a sixth round pick and future considerations was a steal. The Jaguars spent the third overall pick in the draft on a quarterback who doesn't have nearly the same tool set for the position.
too soon?
Originally posted by znk916:
too soon?

This made me laugh on an otherwise downer of a night.
Share 49ersWebzone