There are 188 users in the forums

Greg Roman loves him some Gabbert

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ethan:
Well, I don't think anyone said anything about him unseating Kaepernick. I didn't. Just saying Gabbert deserves some respect for what he has accomplished in football and an open mind about what he can do from here on.

As soon as he proves it, he will get it. And if he came for some reason and played, every niner fan would be hoping he wins a game. They would support him. But if you want us to think this signing great, at that money, nope. He has done almost nothing to show he is a good NFL quarterback.
Gee whiz guys we getting all heated about the backup QB? I hope we never see him on the field, that is all....
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Gee whiz guys we getting all heated about the backup QB? I hope we never see him on the field, that is all....

Maybe clean-up time during the fourth quarter of a few blowouts. That would be nice.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i could not care less who the second and third string will be. because if they see extended time that is bad news for us. at least we have a good run game and defense so maybe whoever it is can just come in and not make bad decisions and just manage things so we can win a game 13-9
  • ethan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
i could not care less who the second and third string will be. because if they see extended time that is bad news for us. at least we have a good run game and defense so maybe whoever it is can just come in and not make bad decisions and just manage things so we can win a game 13-9

Which has been the case since Harbaugh and Baalke arrived. They threw the least passes in the league last season by a fair margin. Mostly to veteran possession receivers like Boldin and Davis. Don't make it seem like Kaepernick is winning the games by himself. At least half the starting quarterbacks in the league would have done as well or better.
Which has been the case since Harbaugh and Baalke arrived. They threw the least passes in the league last season by a fair margin. Mostly to veteran possession receivers like Boldin and Davis. Don't make it seem like Kaepernick is winning the games by himself. At least half the starting quarterbacks in the league would have done as well or better.

Easy to say yet not easy to prove. Where do you get off trying to discredit what Kap has done...in a Blaine Gabbert thread? 4-2 playoffs 3-1 road. Of the 32 NFL starting QBs maybe a total of 7 might boast a better resume
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 26, 2014 at 10:20 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
here is a news flash in case you were sleeping last year,, boldin and davis where the only decent people we had most of the year,, what did you expect ck to do, throw it up, hope it gets batted up in the air so he can catch it and run? it sounds like your blind loyalty to your hate or distrust of ck is preventing you from being objective
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Easy to say yet not easy to prove. Where do you get off trying to discredit what Kap has done...in a Blaine Gabbert thread? 4-2 playoffs 3-1 road. Of the 32 NFL starting QBs maybe a total of 7 might boast a better resume
and i would also like ethan to prove where we said ck was "winning games by himself" and again like you said, why the hell is ck being discredited in a gabbert thread? well i probably know the reason but just thought i would ask
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Magzarillious:

Well it seems ethan thinks Blaine is as good as Colin for some reason.
  • ethan
  • Veteran
Well the poster made it sound like the world would end if Gabbert had to come in to play. He beat Kaepernick easily in college the only time they met. There was never any question who was the better QB prospect. Now he is crap?

No. It's just that the two players landed in diametrically opposite situations as pros.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Well the poster made it sound like the world would end if Gabbert had to come in to play. He beat Kaepernick easily in college the only time they met. There was never any question who was the better QB prospect. Now he is crap?

No. It's just that the two players landed in diametrically opposite situations as pros.
he beat ck in college five years ago in some long ago worthless meaningless titless game. i think you may be the only person in the world right now who thinks that is a valuable comparison tool. you need a woman
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i have just realized i have gotten sucked into a thread that is becoming ck= gabbert... i have always told me to avoid getting sucked into this garbage. i have finally become the person i hate
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

News flash, yes our season is basically over if Colin is lost for the season. Not saying we can't win games with a guy like Blaine but against elite team talent like seadderall, green bay or the patriots, if we don't lose by more than a touch down against those teams, Blaine will have earned his pay.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
i have just realized i have gotten sucked into a thread that is becoming ck= gabbert... i have always told me to avoid getting sucked into this garbage. i have finally become the person i hate

We have all fallen to the dark side at some point. Nothing a few Sacks of Midget Wilson can't cure.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
News flash, yes our season is basically over if Colin is lost for the season. Not saying we can't win games with a guy like Blaine but against elite team talent like seadderall, green bay or the patriots, if we don't lose by more than a touch down against those teams, Blaine will have earned his pay.

right now i am pretty much convinced that blaine would be unable to move the team down the field in a nfc title game giving us a chance to win. yes i am aware of how the game ended but the point is that blaine can not put a team on his back like ck can do and has shown he can do. i also think, thanks to his experience elsewhere, blaine can not shrug off a mistake like ck can do and follow it up with something positive. part of me wants to say the niners will put blaine in positions in the pre season where he can gain some confidence and have success... but given the nature of the game and the coaches can not play the game for him, not sure if that is a logical theory.
Share 49ersWebzone