LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Who needs to be resigned first?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who needs to be resigned first?

Hopefully when they do sign Aldon they can make make a case that his off the field issues merrot a below-market deal with very little risk to the team.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I agree, Aldon is too valuable. And we won't be drafting high enough to get another elite pass rusher any time soon... I think S. Johnson provides immediate insurance, then we need Patton and Ellington to step up on 2015 and beyond.

With Kaep signed, and Staley on a long-term te-friendly deal, our next priority is Aldon... And Harbaugh shouldn't be included as his salary doesn't count towards the cap. There's no way we don't pay him...

Aldon will play this year and next year for the 49ers.

My guess is that he will be extended after this season is over, if he stays out of trouble.

We do not know much of anything about the contract discussions between Harbaugh and the team.

And as mentioned, Harbaugh's salary has no impact on the cap.

But, like Aldon, Harbaugh has a contract that is valid for this coming year and the year after.

Harbaugh can be signed at any time before the end of the 2015 season.

Generally, the front office has a pretty good idea of what it is doing.

I am not worried.
Now the cap space is ~$10M....
Originally posted by buck:
Aldon will play this year and next year for the 49ers.

My guess is that he will be extended after this season is over, if he stays out of trouble.

The only problem with that, is that we will have very little leverage after this season, because he will make 10 million in 2015, so why would he be in a hurry to get an extension when he can sit on that salary and then hit free agency in 2016?

Not extending Aldon this off-season is going to make it very hard to re-sign him in the future.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Now the cap space is ~$10M....

With Brooks contract restructured $7,955,042 according to spotrac.com and AB.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Extend Crabs 1st then Aldon after this season (if he stays out of trouble). I think the niners wanna see how the off-field issues play out this season before even attemping to talk extension to Aldon.

Honestly I think the best place for Aldon as a player and to stay out of trouble would be the niners and maybe NE. They've also proven to take in problematic players and turned them around.
[ Edited by Baldie on Jul 30, 2014 at 5:28 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Chris Culliver.
Originally posted by boast:
Crabtree!

Boone can wait a lil longer. so can Harbaugh. i see us letting Iupati walk. VD is already under a good contract.

you want to lose both starting OG's back to back? if Boone goes we need to keep Iupati
[ Edited by jreff22 on Jul 30, 2014 at 6:17 AM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
Crabtree!

Boone can wait a lil longer. so can Harbaugh. i see us letting Iupati walk. VD is already under a good contract.

you want to lose both starting OG's back to back? if Boone goes we need to keep Iupati

How are they going to lose both OG's? Boone is under contract for 2 more years.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I think he's saying if we don't re-sign Boone, and don't re-sign Iupati, they'll be losing both back to back.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jul 30, 2014 at 6:44 AM ]

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Crabtree!

Not if this crap continues
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Harbaugh and Crabtree are the only two to be re-signed for definite to me, but I would be tempted to keep Iupati over Boone and let Brandon Thomas backfill for Boone. Not sure if we will have the cap space for that though.

We also need to get something done with Aldon.
Crabtree & it's not even close! Boone can continue to holdout and he'll lose his job to Looney, whom I believe's better suited for the position anyway. Iupati...his agent will arguably want top dollar for him, which I think will be significantly more than Baalke will pay. Vernon will get paid...just not now. Same w/Coach...he wins a SB, he'll get paid, for sure.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't know who's getting an extension, but I feel one coming.
Crabs
Share 49ersWebzone