Originally posted by SofaKing:
In order:

Jim Harbaugh
Aldon Smith
Michael Crabtree
Alex Boone
Mike Iupati
Vernon Davis

Harbaugh is the top guy. I don't want another 8 year search for the right coach. He needs to be here for a long time.

Boone over Iupati. He's more durable, versatile, and should come at a cheaper price than Iupati. He is also legitimately underpaid.

I put Davis last because he is already paid fairly and has 2 years left on his deal. The others are a bigger priority right now.
Harumph! Couldn't agree more.
Harbaugh, the writing is on the wall for Crabtree and Iupati. By having Looney and drafting two other offensive linemen it's apparent Iupati won't be paid by the 49ers. The team can't afford Crabtree and has prepared by acquiring Stevie Johnson and drafting Ellington. If Aldon behaves he is second in line after Kap.
I guess no one saw how stagnant our passing offense was without Crabs? At least Kaep values #15 more than most posters on here.

1. Crabtree
2. Harbaugh
3. Extend Boone

Aldon gets his next year.
VD needs to chill out.
Iupati bye bye.

Faithful.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
I guess no one saw how stagnant our passing offense was without Crabs? At least Kaep values #15 more than most posters on here.

1. Crabtree
2. Harbaugh
3. Extend Boone

Aldon gets his next year.
VD needs to chill out.
Iupati bye bye.

Faithful.

We saw it. The passing game stagnated due to lack of depth, in addition to Crabs injury.

If it were Boldin that was hurt and Crab healthy, we would have experienced the same issues. Boldin was a stud and the passing game still sucked. Quality DEPTH was the bigger problem. We have that now.

Harbaugh > Crabtree.....and it's not even close.
Crabtree last
why is everyone agianst not signing Iupati
Crabtree. Different offense with him on the field.
1.VD go sit your ass down in a corner somewhere n stfu.Then for me.....

Harbaugh-shoulda beeeen done already

Aldon
Crabtree or Boone
Iupati
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Crabtree. Different offense with him on the field.

That had more to do with pathetic depth at WR than Crabtree's importance. Take away any offensive starter except Goodwin & Gore (great RB depth) and the offense takes an enormous hit. Look at the offense in the NFC Championship game before Iupati got hurt & then after; that was the turning point.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Jun 18, 2014 at 9:33 PM ]
Aldon Smith all day long. The sooner the better. Just like with Kap, the longer we wait, the greater he will cost.

Crabs and Iupati will want max contracts, with their injury history, there is no enough value there. Neither of them are worth 10+ mil per.
Harbaugh has nothing to do with the salary cap, it is almost a non-issue.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jun 18, 2014 at 10:41 PM ]

Originally posted by Quest4six:
Nobody will offer Crabs a 10mil per year contract based off what he has done so far.
Personally I think he wants to stay, I also think that he realizes that the time to show up is now.

Nobody on here doubts his talent, they doubt his consistency (injury, production)
If we win the SB, and crabs has a 100rec, 1200 yard, 10+td season I will still doubt he gets 10 a year.

That being said, if Crabs gets hurt again and has a mediocre season, he will probably leave because Baalke won't offer him a ridiculous contract that it will take to keep him here

On the other side, if he kills it then he probably will get the money he wants and we will sign him

Either way its a win-win for us

"Nobody will offer Crabs a 10mil per year contract based off what he has done so far."
-- There are a bunch of teams out there with a ton of cap room. Goldson nearly makes 10 million per year for goodness sake.
Crabtree will be coveted by many teams. He has outstanding productivity per play. Teams don't look at meaningless cumulative stats, they look at productivity per play.

"That being said, if Crabs gets hurt again and has a mediocre season, he will probably leave because Baalke won't offer him a ridiculous contract that it will take to keep him here
On the other side, if he kills it then he probably will get the money he wants and we will sign him.
Either way its a win-win for us"

-- That sounds like a lose-lose scenario.
In scenario #1 we lose Crabs. Which is bad.
In scenario #2 we have to pay Crabs a super max contract, which is arguably worse, when you look at how deep our receiver core is right now.

If you're paying full price for a free agent, you are LOSING. Only quarterbacks are the rare exception to that rule.
You can have all the troops a team would ever need but if you don't have the general that holds it all together then you don't have much.

In this order
Jimmy Harbaugh
Crabtree
Vernon Davis
Mike Upati
Alex Boone

Move Aldon in between Harbaugh and Crabtree if the organization can get his head screwed on.
Originally posted by iowa49er_75:
You can have all the troops a team would ever need but if you don't have the general that holds it all together then you don't have much.

In this order
Jimmy Harbaugh
Crabtree
Vernon Davis
Mike Upati
Alex Boone

Move Aldon in between Harbaugh and Crabtree if the organization can get his head screwed on.

Harbaugh is obviously the most "important" signing, but the thread asks, "Who needs to be signed FIRST?"

Harbaugh has two years left on his deal, and his deal does not effect the salary cap at all. There is nothing time sensitive, or urgent, about signing Harbaugh.
Vernon doesn't need to be re-signed. He's under contract for two more years.

Aldon Smith first, Boone next, and Harbaugh third. Iupati and Crabtree will likely end up elsewhere for big money deals.
Even though some guys still have a couple years left I'd still rank it like this.

Harbaugh- most important to extend. He is the reason we are so damn good.
Crabtree- Need to keep this top 15 WR. Very good chemistry with Kap, except on last plays of the season
Aldon- Best pass rusher in the league
Vernon- Just extend him at a similar salary. Biggest mismatch at tight end in the league
Boone- Should be cheaper than Iupati
Iupati- Very good guard, but a tad bit overrated and likely going to be very pricey. Guards are easier to replace than those other guys.
Share 49ersWebzone